tranceaddict Forums

tranceaddict Forums (www.tranceaddict.com/forums)
- Canada - Montreal
-- Props to Bal en Blanc.. have they listened?
Pages (9): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9]


Posted by Yohan on Apr-03-2012 02:59:

anything worth going on sat night?


Posted by STEREO MONTREAL on Apr-03-2012 14:49:

re; ^

Saeed Younan @ Stereo


Posted by Fran666 on Apr-03-2012 16:44:

We are having a Russian party on the saturday with the gang of Euro Connection @ Circus

DJ Amadeus from New York spinning.


Posted by backtoibiza on Apr-04-2012 21:14:

Questions

I'm coming up from NYC this weekend for my first Bal en Blanc and have a couple questions about regular vs VIP tickets:

1) If I'm showing up around 1am, what would the difference in waiting time between the VIP and regular lines be?
2) Are the massages in VIP free or do you pay for these? Could be a big selling point

Finally, anything else in regards to what to expect as a first timer would be awesome. I've been part of the LA and NY scene and from what I've heard so far this sounds better than both.


Posted by DarknessBrotha on Apr-07-2012 20:08:

I may sneak out for this one, just for DT.
Anyone know what the time slots are ??


Posted by zyklon-jay on Apr-07-2012 20:35:



my name is alberto montoya...you killed my father, prepare to die!

https://dl-web.dropbox.com/get/Frea....mp3?w=0d0d982c


Posted by WittyHandle on Apr-07-2012 22:26:

quote:
Originally posted by zyklon-jay
my name is alberto montoya...you killed my father, prepare to die!


The penalty for mis-quoting The Princess Bride is forfeiture of one limb. The upside is you get to choose which one.


Posted by The Highroller on Apr-07-2012 23:23:


Posted by Electric Mike on Apr-07-2012 23:33:

Finally... Looks good, but I thought DT was starting at 7?


Posted by FunKenLouis on Apr-08-2012 02:06:

His first track is gonna be 30 minutes instead of 60 hehe

His intro at Black & Blue was very special last time I saw him

Really excited to hear him again


Posted by zyklon-jay on Apr-08-2012 15:40:

quote:
Originally posted by WittyHandle
The penalty for mis-quoting The Princess Bride is forfeiture of one limb. The upside is you get to choose which one.


i'll take foreskin. that is a limb right?



http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9010835/Fre...0with%20it..mp3

i'm wearing pink.


Posted by Pantone199c on Apr-08-2012 19:24:

Markus and Armin's sets will not be broadcasted...


Posted by Marcus007 on Apr-08-2012 23:16:

quote:
Originally posted by FunKenLouis
His first track is gonna be 30 minutes instead of 60 hehe

His intro at Black & Blue was very special last time I saw him

Really excited to hear him again


just wait till u see his video intro w the sound design


Posted by AY STAR on Apr-08-2012 23:18:

have fun everyone
DT should def make the party, i havent seen him since dec ahhhh iam starting to get that itch ha ha

p.s for those that are really interested he's doing a classics night in nyc later on this month


Posted by zyklon-jay on Apr-08-2012 23:46:

https://www.facebook.com/lefrealebeat

i have 7 fans therefore should close the trance room.


Posted by OkiDokie on Apr-09-2012 00:55:

quote:
Originally posted by Pantone199c
Markus and Armin's sets will not be broadcasted...



Posted by larommel7 on Apr-09-2012 01:43:

Just wanted to know if its possible to buy tickets (regular) on site tonight?

Thanks


Posted by Patius on Apr-09-2012 03:48:

Live broadcast from the Trance Room

http://www.ah.fm/player/


DJ Lineup & Time slots Montreal Times:
Trance Room (Final Lineup)
09:00PM - 10:30PM - Insomnia
10:30PM - 11:30PM - Omar El Gamal
11:30PM - 01:00AM - Beat Service
01:00AM - 01:50AM - Jochen Miller
01:50AM - 02:00AM - Nadia Ali (Live Show)
02:00AM - 05:00AM - Armin van Buuren NO BROADCAST
05:00AM - 07:30AM - Markus Schulz (Unicorn Slayer) NO BROADCAST
07:30AM - 10:00AM - Ferry Corsten
10:00AM - 12:00AM - Ben Gold


Posted by Yohan on Apr-09-2012 18:58:

Let this thread continue as a review thread

First time at Bal en Blanc. I'm glad that I went because I felt it's one of those things you do as an EDM fan, like going to WMC or Ibiza once in your life. The video screens, lights and laz0rs were off the world, despite feeling that the venue was a little too large to get the proper atmosphere. Top rate stuff visual display wise.

Listening to Jochen Miller was about pleasant as washing another dude's balls.

I keep setting low expectations for Armin van Buuren and he consistently fails to meet them. I'd say I was disappointed, except my opinion of Armin is so low that he'd have to play the set of his life for me to be merely disappointed. Still, if he didn't play so many gash vocal crap, I'd have liked him better, and he played the best of all the trance DJs I've seen.

Steve Angello's set had appeal of watching Chyna's sex tape. Ugh. Was not able to get close enough to see whether he was actually mixing or not. lol. Wasn't sure at times if I was listening to Ferry (when he plays electro ish trancey housey crap) or Angello, due to the utter level of suck displayed.

Nadia Ali wtf? Get off the stage and stop stealing my oxygen. Painfully terrible with her shrieks. (reminds me of Shrieky from Care Bears)

Fedde Le Grand sliced le grand fromage du stink. Predictable mainstream crap.

Markus Schulz started off well, but got very predictable and boring. His set became about enjoyable as getting hit repeately in the face with a rusty sledgehammer.

Ferry Corsten lost his spot as my favourite DJ with another predictable, and crappy set. Is he trying to follow down Tiesto's path with garbage electro-y junk? How have you fallen. *le tear*

I was willing to give Danny Tenaglia some time, but after an hour of pretty bland stuff that put me to sleep, I left.

Other than that, I had a pretty good time. (My pope hat may be best 25 bucks I've ever spent, and I can never get over how gorgeous les belles filles Montrealaises are)


Posted by Alexx G on Apr-09-2012 19:08:

quote:
Originally posted by Yohan
Let this thread continue as a review thread

First time at Bal en Blanc. I'm glad that I went because I felt it's one of those things you do as an EDM fan, like going to WMC or Ibiza once in your life. The video screens, lights and laz0rs were off the world, despite feeling that the venue was a little too large to get the proper atmosphere. Top rate stuff visual display wise.

Listening to Jochen Miller was about pleasant as washing another dude's balls.

I keep setting low expectations for Armin van Buuren and he consistently fails to meet them. I'd say I was disappointed, except my opinion of Armin is so low that he'd have to play the set of his life for me to be merely disappointed. Still, if he didn't play so many gash vocal crap, I'd have liked him better, and he played the best of all the trance DJs I've seen.

Steve Angello's set had appeal of watching Chyna's sex tape. Ugh. Was not able to get close enough to see whether he was actually mixing or not. lol. Wasn't sure at times if I was listening to Ferry (when he plays electro ish trancey housey crap) or Angello, due to the utter level of suck displayed.

Nadia Ali wtf? Get off the stage and stop stealing my oxygen. Painfully terrible with her shrieks. (reminds me of Shrieky from Care Bears)

Fedde Le Grand sliced le grand fromage du stink. Predictable mainstream crap.

Markus Schulz started off well, but got very predictable and boring. His set became about enjoyable as getting hit repeately in the face with a rusty sledgehammer.

Ferry Corsten lost his spot as my favourite DJ with another predictable, and crappy set. Is he trying to follow down Tiesto's path with garbage electro-y junk? How have you fallen. *le tear*

I was willing to give Danny Tenaglia some time, but after an hour of pretty bland stuff that put me to sleep, I left.

Other than that, I had a pretty good time. (My pope hat may be best 25 bucks I've ever spent, and I can never get over how gorgeous les belles filles Montrealaises are)


haha amazing. i see nothing has changed over the years. glad to see that at least you found enough positive stuff to have had a good time.


Posted by Yohan on Apr-09-2012 21:12:

quote:
Originally posted by Alexx G
haha amazing. i see nothing has changed over the years. glad to see that at least you found enough positive stuff to have had a good time.
lol. so far, I've never had a bad time in Mtl, despite having watched Toronto FC and the Leafs lose on Sat. not when you get to hang out with friends

ps: my review is supposed to be read with tongue in cheek sense of humour in mind. i don't wash other guy's balls, or watch Chyna's sex tape (once was terrifying enough)


Posted by Summerlover on Apr-09-2012 21:58:

quote:
Originally posted by Yohan
Let this thread continue as a review thread

First time at Bal en Blanc. I'm glad that I went because I felt it's one of those things you do as an EDM fan, like going to WMC or Ibiza once in your life. The video screens, lights and laz0rs were off the world, despite feeling that the venue was a little too large to get the proper atmosphere. Top rate stuff visual display wise.

Listening to Jochen Miller was about pleasant as washing another dude's balls.

I keep setting low expectations for Armin van Buuren and he consistently fails to meet them. I'd say I was disappointed, except my opinion of Armin is so low that he'd have to play the set of his life for me to be merely disappointed. Still, if he didn't play so many gash vocal crap, I'd have liked him better, and he played the best of all the trance DJs I've seen.

Steve Angello's set had appeal of watching Chyna's sex tape. Ugh. Was not able to get close enough to see whether he was actually mixing or not. lol. Wasn't sure at times if I was listening to Ferry (when he plays electro ish trancey housey crap) or Angello, due to the utter level of suck displayed.

Nadia Ali wtf? Get off the stage and stop stealing my oxygen. Painfully terrible with her shrieks. (reminds me of Shrieky from Care Bears)

Fedde Le Grand sliced le grand fromage du stink. Predictable mainstream crap.

Markus Schulz started off well, but got very predictable and boring. His set became about enjoyable as getting hit repeately in the face with a rusty sledgehammer.

Ferry Corsten lost his spot as my favourite DJ with another predictable, and crappy set. Is he trying to follow down Tiesto's path with garbage electro-y junk? How have you fallen. *le tear*

I was willing to give Danny Tenaglia some time, but after an hour of pretty bland stuff that put me to sleep, I left.

Other than that, I had a pretty good time. (My pope hat may be best 25 bucks I've ever spent, and I can never get over how gorgeous les belles filles Montrealaises are)


Awesome!

Well Yohan, this is what happens when you always book headlining dj's that play the same stuff that everyone else plays. Originality is lost. What happened to the days when each Dj tried to show up the other, and usually all in good fun. Glad I didn't make the trip this year. I'm glad you enjoyed the atmosphere and visuals, but musically, Booking these DJ's, you got what you should have expected


Posted by Marcus007 on May-07-2012 16:41:

OOOPSSSS


Posted by malek on May-07-2012 22:53:

This video does not exist suck, fix it!


Posted by Marcus007 on May-15-2012 23:08:

FIXED:


Pages (9): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9]

Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright © 2000-2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.