tranceaddict Forums

tranceaddict Forums (www.tranceaddict.com/forums)
- Past Events
-- 2012.06.30-2012.07.01 Digital Dreams Music Festival
Pages (21): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »


Posted by ItalianPoiSon on May-08-2012 14:13:

I personaly was hoping some of the guys playing the Escapade Music Festival in Ottawa the same weekend were going to make it... namely Tommy Trash and Dada Life... either way i think there line up has bigger name acts...

I think the echo beach stage is going to be jammed with a bunch of kids looking for Afrojack or Kaskade... and there going to fit all that talent in 6hrs? Sounds kind of silly too me...

any word on Steve Lawler playing skybar?


Posted by GGM on May-08-2012 14:44:

Escapade lineup:
Avicii
Afrojack
Eric Prydz
Excision
Alesso
Dada Life
Chuckie
Thomas Gold
Sander Van Doorn
R3hab
Gareth Emery
Tommy Trash
Zeds dead
Kill the noise
Dillon Francis
Nadia Ali
Cazzette
Marcus Schossow
Manufactured Superstars
The Killabits
Ariyan
Mister Parker

Outside of Prydz that lineup is pure cheese. I got nothing against it, but you can't say they tried to take a balanced approach in appealing to the non-mainstream crowd like Digital Dreams has done. Plus the place they're having it is an old mini-airport (link) which is a pain to get to and tix are twice the cost. I'd take Ontario place with multiple stages, rides, lake, beach etc etc over it any day.


Posted by Dior Homme on May-08-2012 16:26:

Thats way too many artist for 1/2 stages. For a 12hr day are they going to play for an hour each? Good luck with that.


Posted by hax-a-million on May-08-2012 16:29:

exactly - i'm excited for some longer, non-festival type sets at digital dreams especially at the beach!!


Posted by Dior Homme on May-08-2012 16:56:

quote:
Originally posted by hax-a-million
exactly - i'm excited for some longer, non-festival type sets at digital dreams especially at the beach!!


I was actually referring the Dreams and Canada Stages. The Echo Beach stage for both days have a good balance of artists that you can enjoy for at least 2.5-3 hours for the entire day. All the other stages seem like it will be cut short similar to an Electric Zoo event.

But oh well, Echo Beach is where its at for me and my friends.


Posted by Tordan on May-08-2012 17:16:

quote:
Originally posted by Dior Homme
But oh well, Echo Beach is where its at for me and my friends.

+1 Better get there early and stay put. My guess is the beach itself will be a draw for many so this might be a high traffic area.


Posted by Endlesswave on May-08-2012 18:06:

quote:
Originally posted by Tordan
+1 Better get there early and stay put. My guess is the beach itself will be a draw for many so this might be a high traffic area.


Yep. I plan on being there 11:30/11 ish.


Posted by Orko on May-08-2012 18:52:

quote:
Originally posted by Tordan
+1 Better get there early and stay put. My guess is the beach itself will be a draw for many so this might be a high traffic area.

It might also change when we look across the water and see a mini-highway. Buzzkill?


Posted by Dior Homme on May-08-2012 22:12:

quote:
Originally posted by Orko
It might also change when we look across the water and see a mini-highway. Buzzkill?


Based on the map I don't think you'll be staring at the highway/Lakeshore. If anything it will be more to the left.

I can assure you though people would block your view of the road if you are really that concerned. Besides, the parking lot comes first before the road.

In any event, I know people will be walking all around the party grounds and echo beach is right in the middle of all that.


Posted by AY STAR on May-08-2012 23:08:

quote:
Originally posted by FunkyCrew
we're total nerds when we visit lotsa sightseeing and museums, we wanna take a train to Princeton too
but I'll check w Kelly about what's happening that weekend and if she's going out anywhere fun

stay out of trouble eh?:P


nothing wrong with being a nerd and touristy
nyc has alot to offer, def check out the highline when you in town
on a nice day it's a good walk up there and you get to see nyc from a different view

the other day nyc announced they are gonna install those rent a bike places like they have in other cities, but they wont start till mid july. def sucks cause thats also something i woulda recomended
the city has added miles and miles of bike lanes thru out the past few years.i go bikeing all the time

as for staying out of trouble...you bet! iam only goin up for the music,friends and hopefully some foxy canadian women


Posted by Orko on May-09-2012 01:32:

quote:
Originally posted by AY STAR
as for staying out of trouble...you bet! ....some foxy canadian women


Paradox!


Posted by FunkyCrew on May-09-2012 14:39:

quote:
Originally posted by AY STAR
nothing wrong with being a nerd and touristy
nyc has alot to offer, def check out the highline when you in town
on a nice day it's a good walk up there and you get to see nyc from a different view

the other day nyc announced they are gonna install those rent a bike places like they have in other cities, but they wont start till mid july. def sucks cause thats also something i woulda recomended
the city has added miles and miles of bike lanes thru out the past few years.i go bikeing all the time

as for staying out of trouble...you bet! iam only goin up for the music,friends and hopefully some foxy canadian women


we have BIXI bikes all around downtown if that's your thing during the day check them out

man, you really need FB so we can all keep up with ur shenanigans!


Posted by StereoPrincess on May-09-2012 15:44:

have you guys seen the map? with the VIP booths right in the middle of each dance floor? HAHAHAHAHA! I knew this would be ruined.


Posted by Dior Homme on May-09-2012 15:48:

I'm wondering how they are going to slot all the set times. I'm hoping I won't have to stay the whole to day to see a dj(s) and pass on the middle portion. Although I'm sure i can kill 10hrs there easy.... probably passed out beside a tree or something.


Posted by DJOS2 on May-10-2012 02:40:

quote:
Originally posted by StereoPrincess
have you guys seen the map? with the VIP booths right in the middle of each dance floor? HAHAHAHAHA! I knew this would be ruined.


Its a cartoon map and obviously not to scale - VIP areas are not in the middle of the dancefloor. They are in fact on either side of the dancefloor where they should be!

OS


Posted by DJOS2 on May-10-2012 02:41:

quote:
Originally posted by StereoPrincess
have you guys seen the map? with the VIP booths right in the middle of each dance floor? HAHAHAHAHA! I knew this would be ruined.


Its a cartoon map and obviously not to scale - VIP areas are not in the middle of the dancefloor. They are in fact on either side of the dancefloor where they should be!

OS


Posted by Dior Homme on May-10-2012 04:56:

quote:
Originally posted by DJOS2
Its a cartoon map and obviously not to scale - VIP areas are not in the middle of the dancefloor. They are in fact on either side of the dancefloor where they should be!

OS


Ya, it's a cartoon map! LOL


Posted by Endlesswave on May-10-2012 11:51:

quote:
Originally posted by DJOS2
Its a cartoon map and obviously not to scale - VIP areas are not in the middle of the dancefloor. They are in fact on either side of the dancefloor where they should be!

OS


Fair enough. Like the map of Canada's Wonderland...haha.


Posted by StereoPrincess on May-10-2012 17:42:

quote:
Originally posted by DJOS2
Its a cartoon map and obviously not to scale - VIP areas are not in the middle of the dancefloor. They are in fact on either side of the dancefloor where they should be!

OS


lol. ok.


Posted by kotsy on May-10-2012 18:27:

quote:
Originally posted by DJOS2
They are in fact on either side of the dancefloor where they should be!

OS


where they should be is non-existent


Posted by GGM on May-11-2012 01:07:

quote:
Originally posted by kotsy
where they should be is non-existent


Also acceptable would be the north side of Lake Shore...


Posted by Dior Homme on May-11-2012 02:29:

quote:
Originally posted by GGM
Also acceptable would be the north side of Lake Shore...


That is where they hold the Chin Picnic is it not?


Posted by GGM on May-11-2012 03:08:

Nothing says VIP like a blanket on the grass and sandwiches.


Posted by kotsy on May-11-2012 18:57:

quote:
Originally posted by GGM
Nothing says VIP like a blanket on the grass and sandwiches.


nice!
getting more and more excited for this party


Posted by DJOS2 on May-16-2012 11:07:

Only 44 days to go...

Watch the NEW video for Digital Dreams Music Festival powered by Rogers at www.digitaldreamsfest.ca.


Pages (21): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »

Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright © 2000-2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.