tranceaddict Forums

tranceaddict Forums (www.tranceaddict.com/forums)
- Past Events
-- 2012.07.04 Mad Not Mad Pres. Sasha - Never Say Never Sunset Cruise
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »

Posted by euphoria on Apr-02-2012 17:18:

2012.07.04 Mad Not Mad Pres. Sasha - Never Say Never Sunset Cruise

Sasha - Never Say Never Sunset Cruise - July 4th 2012

The Sasha "Never Say Never" Sunset Cruise was hailed as the party of 2011, although many of those who attended believe it deserves even higher praise.

Everything from the glorious food served, the premium bar, the amazing music, the best views of July 4th fireworks and the fantastic after party make for an incredible experience. Watching fireworks explode overhead as Sasha, James Zabiela and Three closed out going toe to toe was something few of us will ever forget. (Eating dinner with James Zabiela spinning in the background was also rather trippy)

However, what really makes this party unique is the people. Mad Not Mad uses social media tools (mainly Facebook and a few other bits and pieces) to painstakingly evaluate every application. We don't care what you look like, we donít care how much money you earn (we aren't selling bottles) and we don't care if you want to give up your first born for a ticket (I've never really wanted kids) Instead we have certain criteria (that will remain secret) that we look for in each person we invite.

This is a party for fans of Sasha and for people who are truly passionate about electronic music. It takes a tremendous amount of time and effort to do things this way but we have a knack of sniffing out the right people to be there as those who attended last year will attest.

At a time when electronic music is becoming increasingly commercial, many people don't realize that this event is "100% not for profit" and that every dime raised through ticket sales or sponsorship goes towards production. Sasha and Mad Not Mad contribute their time and resources for free to make this event happen at the lowest cost to you possible. Capacity on the boat has been reduced by 68 people this year which means the ticket price will be a little higher this time around. We thought about cutting costs, offering canapes instead of dinner, reducing the premium bar to "standard' and not having an after party. But that's not how we roll and from what we saw last year, neither do you. Instead, we are working on ways to make this yearís event bigger, badder and better than last year.

Tips for getting an invite

1) When you register Use the email address you use for Facebook. If we cannot check you out then you won't stand a chance of being invited.
2) Have a passion for Electronic Music - "Bat Shit Crazy" is the minimum requirement.
3) Be good people. Help old ladies, use less water, adopt a Panda.
4) If you get an invite jump on it. An invite is just an invite - if you do not purchase when you receive an invite you will probably lose it to someone less tardy.
5) Play nice and don't lie about your gender. We work tirelessly to ensure the Sunset cruise is 50/50 boys and girls. It makes for a better, more balanced party.
6) Name every person you buy a ticket for. Tickets are nontransferable. If the ID of the person does not match the ticket entry will refused with no exceptions.

If you would like to register to purchase tickets then go to our Facebook page and click on the "SASHA" Icon at the top to sign up. The sooner you sign up the better your chance of getting a ticket and becoming more attractive to the opposite sex. Fact.

Invites will begin to go out in a few weeks so please be patient. All good things take time but great things take even longer.

That's it from me for now. Good luck with your application and we look forward to seeing you on July 4th.

Yours nautically,
Paul

Posted by Special K on Apr-02-2012 23:34:

Hmmmmm I tried registering for this a few weeks ago and I still haven't heard back from madnotmad. Has anyone gotten an invite for this yet? Also how much should I expect to pay for this if the price has gone up this year?

Posted by violethalo on Apr-03-2012 20:12:

quote:
Originally posted by Special K
Hmmmmm I tried registering for this a few weeks ago and I still haven't heard back from madnotmad. Has anyone gotten an invite for this yet? Also how much should I expect to pay for this if the price has gone up this year?

invites start in a couple of weeks I think. Price was either 55 or 75 last year, I can't remember. It was worth it either way, open bar and catered food were top notch. Three, Zabiela and Sasha all played great sets, then played b2b at the end when the fireworks were going off. Really intimate show, Zabs and Sasha were walking around chatting with people before and after. Mad Not Mad organized it really well, I was impressed.

Posted by EarnYourKeep on Apr-03-2012 20:39:

just a heads up, normally for the 4th im out in fire island but this year the 4th lands on a Wednesday so I don't anticipate a long weekend which makes this ever so more appealing.

Posted by Sedna on Apr-03-2012 20:51:

quote:
Originally posted by violethalo
invites start in a couple of weeks I think. Price was either 55 or 75 last year, I can't remember. It was worth it either way, open bar and catered food were top notch. Three, Zabiela and Sasha all played great sets, then played b2b at the end when the fireworks were going off. Really intimate show, Zabs and Sasha were walking around chatting with people before and after. Mad Not Mad organized it really well, I was impressed.

I thought it was like 150?

Posted by violethalo on Apr-03-2012 21:01:

quote:
Originally posted by Sedna
I thought it was like 150?

whoops yeah I totally confused the price with something else. Too many parties Sorry for the misinformation, my bf confirmed it was somewhere between 120-150.

Posted by trunks1022 on Apr-05-2012 05:26:

last year it was 150 per person. not sure where you heard 55 or 75.

Posted by trunks1022 on Apr-05-2012 05:28:

quote:
Originally posted by pyro264jb
pass.....

really john?

Posted by edubbz on Apr-05-2012 20:23:

where's. my. invite!

Posted by violethalo on Apr-05-2012 20:30:

quote:
Originally posted by trunks1022
last year it was 150 per person. not sure where you heard 55 or 75.

my b, i didn't hear anything. I went, I just forgot how much my credit card was charged for.

Posted by edubbz on Apr-05-2012 20:42:

quote:
Originally posted by violethalo
my b, i didn't hear anything. I went, I just forgot how much my credit card was charged for.

prob confusing it with the party at that pool hall spot, forgot the name. that event was like 55, i believe.

Posted by Jar-Z on Apr-21-2012 09:04:

quote:
Originally posted by edubbz
prob confusing it with the party at that pool hall spot, forgot the name. that event was like 55, i believe.

slate, for thanksgiving.

Posted by MeLLyMeL on May-02-2012 23:15:

Who's going? Debating on making such a big purchase before Detroit.

Posted by Special K on May-02-2012 23:55:

Going.

Any word on guests / afterparty?

Posted by violethalo on May-03-2012 00:08:

Going.

Posted by yankeeBaby on May-03-2012 00:31:

$150?

phssshhhhhbwahahahahaah!

Posted by MeLLyMeL on May-03-2012 00:36:

Add 49 dollars to that.

Posted by Special K on May-03-2012 01:37:

+20 in service charge.

It was $125 for me when I saw S+D on the same boat in Miami. Ugggggggh, it def seems a little overly steep in price this time around but w/e, it will be an experience.

Posted by stvy on May-03-2012 03:17:

I'm in

Posted by pyro264jb on May-03-2012 04:58:

It is worth it for the price. you get a full buffet, Sasha on a boat and your right under the fireworks. ITs an amazing experiance I had a GREAT time last year.

Posted by SebG on May-03-2012 15:04:

Price is rather steep, but once I thought about it, it makes sense.

The cost includes the rental of the boat, the food and the DJ's.
If you were to go on a boat dinner type of a thing you would pay close t that minus good music and awesome crowd. Intimate party.

I can't do it though.

Posted by violethalo on May-03-2012 15:12:

quote:
Originally posted by pyro264jb
It is worth it for the price. you get a full buffet, Sasha on a boat and your right under the fireworks. ITs an amazing experiance I had a GREAT time last year.

Honestly, if this were the price last year I would not have gone. It's only because I went and had such a sick time and expect the same this year that I'm throwing down the money. But there really better be 50 less people so I won't feel like I spent the extra money for nothing. I am always down to pay more if it means shorter bathroom lines, I missed like 25 minutes of Sasha's set last year

Can't wait to see who's sharing the decks with him this year, Zabiela and Three going b2b with him was awesome, they were having so much fun.

And THIS track.. as the fireworks went off. Shit.

Posted by EarnYourKeep on May-03-2012 16:17:

i didn't go last year but i think im going to buck up and hit this up.

Posted by edubbz on May-03-2012 18:11:

this will be plan B, if All Day I Dream doesn't happen.

Posted by yankeeBaby on May-04-2012 02:44:

Meh I don't see the worth. I mean, Massive has boat cruises fro $35-40, so if I'm paying an extra $100-150 for a plate of food I better see some lobster on that bitch. Just my opinion, don't anyone get crazy go and have your self a good ol time.

Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »