tranceaddict Forums

tranceaddict Forums (www.tranceaddict.com/forums)
- Past Events
-- 2012.04.13 SHOGUN LIVE! @District 36

Posted by Katzlist on Apr-05-2012 01:32:

2012.04.13 SHOGUN LIVE! @District 36

Join "High Society" as we bring Vegas to NYC with the best Electronic Dance Music party every Friday.

"SIN CITY FRIDAYS"
@
District 36
29 West 36th Street
between 5th and 6th Avenues

Friday, April 13th 2012

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
EVENT INFORMATION:

Again, we’d like to thank the 1000+ who partied with us at Sin City Fridays at District 36. It was another epic week and we truly thank you all for making it such a success.
Last week we debuted of our body-painted dancers, this week we're bringing you international DJ Shogun.
American-born Taiwanese DJ and Producer, Andrew Chen aka Shogun, has captivated audiences worldwide with his DJ skills and productions. As the former resident DJ of Ministry of Sound Nightclub, he has played alongside the world's top DJs, such as Tiesto, Paul Oakenfold, and BT. His exclusive nine hour sets at the superclub set the standard for epic nights that can only be described as an emotional and amazing journey. His sets were also broadcasted live on Ministry of Sound Radio to thousands of listeners worldwide. Shogun’s exclusive mixes can be heard on several radio stations including Digitally Imported (di.fm), Globalbeats.fm, Sense.FM and Discover Trance Radio.

Biography:
American born Taiwanese DJ and producer, Andrew Chen aka Shogun, is the first Asian DJ and producer to be signed to S107/Armada.
Whether it is remixing for the world's number one DJ - Armin van Buuren, or for Grammy nominated singer and songwriter Nadia Ali,

Shogun's productions have gained him full support from the biggest names in the industry including Ferry Corsten, Paul Van Dyk,
Above & Beyond, Armin van Buuren, Gareth Emery, and Markus Schulz just to name a few.With some of the biggest anthems to date,
'Save Me', 'Imprisoned', 'Lotus', and'Skyfire', Shogun has cemented his place as one of the most influential and biggest trance/progressive
acts today and his songs have regularly been featured on the world's leading radio shows such as Vonyc Sessions, Trance Around The World,
Corsten's Countdown, Global DJ Broadcast, and A State of Trance Radio Show - [42 ASOT plays / 5 Future Favorites].
With consistent productions, top quality releases and the DJ skills to rock the best clubs in the world, the future of electronic music is bright with Shogun behind the

www.facebook.com/djshogunmusic
www.twitter.com/shogunmusic
www.myspace.com/djshogunmusic
www.shogun-music.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2B-AVf-40hk

As always, we’ll have our resident DJ’s Cheric and Rai holding down the main floor!

EDM Fridays will now be on EVERY floor. Spinning EDM in the main and mezz floors as well as our new Underground Gallery.

LADIES, don’t forget about our special Ladies OPEN BAR from 10-11!

"District 36” is a three story mega club located in midtown’s garment district on 36th street. Blocks from Herald Square and the Empire State building, the completely custom built 14,000 square foot dance club is equipped with impeccable sound, exceptional music programming, superior hospitality and dance floor and the power of a mega club. District 36 is set to the tradition of classic New York dance clubs built for dance music enthusiasts by building on the pillars of the proper NY club. With its superior design and concept, this 3 story 1500 + capacity MEGA CLUB is unrivaled by none!

Ladies Free till 11pm

21+ Event

For guestlist admission:

Mention "KATHY'S LIST" at the door

BOTTLE SPECIALS:

SILVER PACKAGE $600:
- 2 Bottles of Grey Goose or Black Label (Mix or Match)
- 1 Bottle of Champagne
- 1 Fruit Platter

GOLD PACKAGE $800:
- 3 Bottles of Grey Goose or Black Label (Mix or Match)
- 1 Bottle of Champagne
- 1 Fruit Platter
- 6 Beers

DIAMOND PACKAGE $1200:
- 2 Bottles of Grey Goose or Black Label (Mix or Match)
- 1 Bottle of Johnny Walker Blue
- 1 Bottle of Champagne
- 1 Fruit Platter
- 8 Beers

PLATINUM PACKAGE $1800:
- 3 Bottles of Grey Goose or Black Label (Mix or Match)
- 2 Bottle of Johnny Walker Blue
- 2 Bottles of Champagne
- 2 Fruit Platter
- 12 Beers

Please inquire within for complimentary champagne for groups of 8+ females.

www.highsociety4life.tumblr.com/

Posted by euphoria on Apr-05-2012 14:23:

There are two threads for the same date. Whats going on with this one?

http://www.tranceaddict.com/forums/...forumid=105&s=0

If it's no longer happening please delete one of them. Thanks!

Posted by aNYthing on Apr-05-2012 15:29:

Wtf... Ladies free? I want my gender equality - bitches gotta pay!

Also, sign me up for 4 PLATINUM packages. I need to hear SKYFIRE with all my douchebag oil speculator buds that are running up the score at the fuel pumps. Money's cheap.

SKYFIRE. SKYFIRE. SKYFIRE!!!

I'll give you my $15 for watered down drink, just to hear this ch... SKYFIRE!

Posted by DisBejS on Apr-05-2012 16:47:

ch...?

stay classy

Posted by kingchinc on Apr-05-2012 17:15:

whoever is organizing this party please fix your shit, so there isn't a shitshow getting in the door

Posted by gmoney44 on Apr-05-2012 20:58:

honestly think with the problems from the F&P party and with ATB playing at Pacha the same night..this is gonna flunk big time..everyone and their mother is gonna be at ATB (God knows why), leaving a small crowd for Shogun..but hey..i might go..ya never know lol

Posted by shosko on Apr-05-2012 21:48:

Unless Shogun is a terrible DJ, this may be exactly the kind of trance I want to hear... and at D36? Sounds good to me.

Posted by Sedna on Apr-09-2012 17:41:

quote:
Originally posted by gmoney44
everyone and their mother is gonna be at ATB (God knows why)

lol irl

Posted by EarnYourKeep on Apr-09-2012 19:04:

since when did they start giving out FRUIT PLATTERS with BOTTLE SERVICE?

I feel like the past 5 years I've been jipped from my fruit platters

Posted by DisBejS on Apr-09-2012 20:37:

quote:
Originally posted by EarnYourKeep
since when did they start giving out FRUIT PLATTERS with BOTTLE SERVICE?

I feel like the past 5 years I've been jipped from my fruit platters

every asian club does that. they charge u like 40 dollars for that shit. better eat every last grape.

Posted by cl0wnz0r on Apr-09-2012 20:51:

quote:
Originally posted by DisBejS
every asian club does that. they charge u like 40 dollars for that shit. better eat every last grape.

i remember paying 40 euros for a trance party in Holland last year where they gave you unlimited free ice cream and fruit with your ticket price!

Posted by AY STAR on Apr-09-2012 23:32:

quote:
Originally posted by cl0wnz0r
i remember paying 40 euros for a trance party in Holland last year where they gave you unlimited free ice cream and fruit with your ticket price!

in montreal at black and blue and i think bal en blanc
when your up in vip you get free fruit,ice cream,muffins etc etc
those parties go from 10pm till 12 noon and not for nothing at 8am you will be suprised how much energy you get from eatting an apple or banana

Posted by xCTx on Apr-10-2012 03:36:

Where do you buy tickets and how much?

Posted by Sedna on Apr-10-2012 20:16:

quote:
Originally posted by AY STAR
in montreal at black and blue and i think bal en blanc
when your up in vip you get free fruit,ice cream,muffins etc etc
those parties go from 10pm till 12 noon and not for nothing at 8am you will be suprised how much energy you get from eatting an apple or banana

^^^^^

I seriously WISH they'd start serving fruit or veggies at NYC clubs. A snickers bar or some mentos don't have fucking shit for nutrients in them, you're just gonna give yourself a sugar high and then crash 45 minutes later. Eat a banana and an orange and you'll be dancing your ass off all night.

I tried bringing Kashi bars into Pacha last time and they made me throw them out. Fucking assholes.

Posted by shosko on Apr-13-2012 21:14:

There's no tickets for this event?

Posted by frozenmango on Apr-14-2012 00:54:

nope.

Just $20 before 11pm for guys. $30+ after 11pm(I'm guessing).

Posted by Skeptic on Apr-14-2012 03:18:

quote:
Originally posted by Sedna

I tried bringing Kashi bars into Pacha last time and they made me throw them out. Fucking assholes.

LMFAO!

Posted by Groundhog Boy on Apr-14-2012 04:57:

quote:
Originally posted by gmoney44
honestly think with the problems from the F&P party and with ATB playing at Pacha the same night..this is gonna flunk big time..everyone and their mother is gonna be at ATB (God knows why), leaving a small crowd for Shogun..but hey..i might go..ya never know lol

I have no interest in this party, but for what it's worth, I just walked past there on my walk home from work because I couldn't find a cab at 11 on 7th Ave south of Times Sq. and there was a pretty big line to get in.

Posted by Rosati on Apr-15-2012 13:43:

Sorry I missed this

On twitter a lot of ppl said it was amazing

Does anyone have the set? Or set list ?

Tia

Posted by Dozer 888 on Apr-15-2012 17:43:

Place got decently packed by 12.
VIP was alright, they removed the bouncer by 1:30 -2 and all the crews started speeding through upstairs trolling for chicks.
Then as usual tried to reseat the table as soon as the last bottle was finished.

Set wise I think the opener did a pretty goo job.
Shogun kicked off pretty strong and I was expecting a high energy night.
Then the night lulled , the good tracks always bring the crowd up ( hearing Punk is always nice) but the set didnt carry well and really didnt go anywhere. Just some bangers here and there and the lows were really low.
At one point he had an immense build up just to go into break beats blahh.
Crowd was good, had potential to be a great party but DJ didnt deliver.

Good night cause of friends i was with but music was mediocre.
I wouldnt even DL.
His Asot sets were much better.

Posted by Freak De Ke on Apr-16-2012 02:25:

was a pretty good night to me,

Posted by MadRaverRai on Apr-17-2012 23:42:

quote:
Originally posted by Freak De Ke

was a pretty good night to me,

I second that. It was a really good night. A lot people vibed really well with Shogun's track selection. Hardcore 140 BPMers wouldn't have dug it all that much however. I personally thought he played just right for the crowd that was there.