tranceaddict Forums

tranceaddict Forums (www.tranceaddict.com/forums)
- Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont.
-- What kind of segments do you like to hear on radio shows?
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »

Posted by MrCanada on May-03-2012 19:25:

What kind of segments do you like to hear on radio shows?

Hi everyone my name is John, on air I go by the name Mr Canada. I am a dj & radio host on College radio in Toronto.

My show is called World Series: Canada, & it airs every Wednesday at 1am on Fusion Radio. We play Canadian music new & old, from all genres. We also feature interviews with Canadian music makers, music industry professionals, & music fans.

I always like to hear the opinions of Canadian music fans, so I made this thread to get some opinions.

What kind of segments do you like to hear on radio shows?, & What do you think is a good length for the segments, in order to keep the Canadian music fans interested in them? Feel free to make suggestions.

Posted by The Ear on May-03-2012 19:38:

Crank calls made by Canadians to other Canadians.

All the time.

Posted by MrCanada on May-03-2012 19:43:

quote:
Originally posted by The Ear
Crank calls made by Canadians to other Canadians.

All the time.

I think that would be illegal to do, & most crank calls on air are staged.

So you like comedy segments on radio shows?

Posted by LightsOut on May-03-2012 20:15:

I think it would be awesome if you could get BMAC on your show. He's been doing some really cutting edge stuff lately. I know he's really popular around here, so you'd certainly get a ton of listeners. Check this new track out, if you could do a mashup with avicci - levels, it would be EPIC, bro.

Posted by The Ear on May-03-2012 20:22:

I changed my mind.

Now I want to hear 20 minute segments of farts interspersed with 5 minutes of pigs squealing.

Posted by LightsOut on May-03-2012 20:26:

also...

Posted by The Ear on May-03-2012 20:30:

Posted by MrCanada on May-03-2012 20:34:

quote:
Originally posted by LightsOut
I think it would be awesome if you could get BMAC on your show. He's been doing some really cutting edge stuff lately. I know he's really popular around here, so you'd certainly get a ton of listeners.

Brian Mcknight is not Canadian, so he wouldn't be played on my show. I however do play Canadian RnB music.

Posted by The Ear on May-03-2012 20:36:

You could play sounds of people farting in tiger suits to really bring it all together too.

Posted by LightsOut on May-03-2012 20:37:

quote:
You could play sounds of people farting in tiger suits to really bring it all together too.

+1

Posted by MrCanada on May-03-2012 20:37:

quote:
I changed my mind.

Now I want to hear 20 minute segments of farts interspersed with 5 minutes of pigs squealing.

You can change your mind all you want, I am just asking for suggestions on things you like on radio. So if your idea of good radio is pigs squealing & farts that is totally on you.

If you are not going to be serious, please don't reply.

Posted by LightsOut on May-03-2012 20:40:

How can you be so quick to dismiss the idea? Don't knock it till you try it. Are you sure you aren't American?

Posted by MrCanada on May-03-2012 20:43:

quote:
How can you be so quick to dismiss the idea? Don't knock it till you try it. Are you sure you aren't American?

I don't feel it is a interesting idea, sorry. I am sure I am not American.

Posted by The Ear on May-03-2012 20:48:

I guarantee that if you ran a regular 20 minute segment of people farting in tiger suits that I would tune in.

So your audience would effectively double!!!

NOW tell me it's a bad idea!

Posted by MrCanada on May-03-2012 21:18:

quote:
I guarantee that if you ran a regular 20 minute segment of people farting in tiger suits that I would tune in.

So your audience would effectively double!!!

NOW tell me it's a bad idea!

I don't want to hurt your feelings because it seems you put some thought into your idea, but you can't see people on the radio, so people wearing tiger suits would be pointless. Your type of segment is well planned, maybe put some thought into a intelligent suggestion.

Posted by LightsOut on May-03-2012 21:27:

If you spent 2 mins describing the tiger suit, I think the idea would certainly come across.

Tip: Use really descriptive words like strapping, vivacious, dexterous, etc.

Posted by The Ear on May-03-2012 21:31:

quote:
If you spent 2 mins describing the tiger suit, I think the idea would certainly come across.

Absolutely!! This segment is getting better by the minute!

& I've got the icing on the cake too. Have the description sung by a tone-deaf Scotsman!!

This cannot fail!!

Posted by MrCanada on May-03-2012 22:56:

quote:

Sight gags have a hard time working on radio, usually you need to be more creative.

Posted by MrCanada on May-03-2012 22:56:

quote:
Absolutely!! This segment is getting better by the minute!

& I've got the icing on the cake too. Have the description sung by a tone-deaf Scotsman!!

This cannot fail!!

I don't know what kind of radio shows you listen to, but I am sure that your taste in segments is in the minority.

Posted by geroin on May-03-2012 23:11:

quote:
I think it would be awesome if you could get BMAC on your show. He's been doing some really cutting edge stuff lately. I know he's really popular around here, so you'd certainly get a ton of listeners. Check this new track out, if you could do a mashup with avicci - levels, it would be EPIC, bro.

lol this is good

Posted by kotsy on May-04-2012 00:15:

LOL. I don't even know what to say...

Posted by geroin on May-04-2012 00:19:

this is now a brian mcknight thread

Posted by LightsOut on May-04-2012 00:32:

quote:
Originally posted by geroin
this is now a brian mcknight thread

Motion passed. OP please rename thread title.

Posted by MrCanada on May-04-2012 15:19:

quote:
Originally posted by geroin
lol this is good

I am sure that is the type of music you listen to, but that is not what this thread is about. Go make your own thread with your funny music taste.

Can we get back to the original topic at hand,

What kind of segments do you like to hear on radio shows?, & What do you think is a good length for the segments, in order to keep the Canadian music fans interested in them? Feel free to make suggestions.

Posted by The Ear on May-04-2012 16:06:

I already made a fantastic suggestion guaranteed to hold a Canadian audience with a recommended length for TWO segments!

Clearly you are not interested in catering to the interests of Canadians.

Are you sure you aren't American?

Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »