tranceaddict Forums

tranceaddict Forums (www.tranceaddict.com/forums)
- Canada - Western Canada
-- Edmonton TranceAddict Wish List


Posted by DJ.MD on May-08-2012 18:19:

Edmonton TranceAddict Wish List

Who are some guys you want to see come through this area?

We've had so many come through lately, just wondering who else?


Posted by suntrancin on May-10-2012 04:42:

Cosmic Gate, Gabriel & Dresden, Tydi, Blake Jarell, Wippenberg...

That was a joke. All five either play here enough times and/or are pretty horrible live.


My REAL list (ones that come to mind at the moment)
-Giuseppe Ottaviani - saved WMC for me this year, his 'live' shows are great and his regular DJ sets are terrific too.
-Any of the Anjunadeep or Silk Royal artists - really digging their stuff.
-Beat Service
-Leon Boiler
-Sean Tyas
-Marcus Schulz - a proper 3 hr + set
-Ummet Ozcan
-Aly & Fila - Only Fila shows up though. FSOE show is hit or miss, but them live...I've always had a great time.
-Jorn van Deynhoven
-Will Atkinson, Bryan Kearney, Paul Miller...only Montreal would bring these artists
-John Dahlback - knows how to throw true prog house sets!
-John 00 Fleming

Props for bringing Heatbeat, Alex MORPH, and Orjan, that's a few off my list


Posted by klm21 on May-11-2012 21:35:

I'd rather you guys bring some shows to Calgary instead of Edmonton. If Edmonton is only option though then same as list in Calgary wishlist..

Manuel Le Saux, Paul Webster, Jorn van Deynhoven, Simon Patterson, John 00 Fleming, Menno de Jong, Paul van Dyk, Sied van Riel, Aly & Fila, Sean Tyas, John Askew, Richard Durand, Giuseppi Ottaviani, Mark Sherry, Bryan Kearney, Ummet Ozcan, Wezz Devall, Leon Bolier,.. I'll also put Markus Schulz but like above, only if its 3+ hrs, which unfortunately probably won't happen since the places in shit Edmonton/Calgary all close at 2-230.. unless he played 1130-230 maybe. Are there no afterhours clubs in Edmonton or Calgary that can bring these DJs?

I would really like to see techno/house DJs booked..
Carl Cox, Joris Voorn, Gary Beck, Alex Bau, Mark Knight, Richie Hawtin, John Digweed, Chris Liebing, Speedy J, Tommy Four Seven, Pan-Pot, Joseph Capriati

Also again like said above props to Formentera for bringing some new DJs and actually taking a chance with it instead of booking the same shit commercial acts 5 times a year like some other, bigger promoters do.


Posted by suntrancin on May-12-2012 05:13:

quote:
Originally posted by klm21
unfortunately probably won't happen since the places in shit Edmonton/Calgary all close at 2-230.. unless he played 1130-230 maybe. Are there no afterhours clubs in Edmonton or Calgary that can bring these DJs?

Actually in Edmonton you’re allowed to have shows till 6AM at certain venues. Alcohol stops at 2AM obviously and more security/police are required. Right now there is the whole debate in the city allowing these late parties. Earlier in the year, the city suggested allowing the events to go till 6AM but wanted them totally dry from opening to close…I couldn’t care less about drinks but obviously the promoters and venue ain’t going to be making much $$$. Then they wanted to shut down any ‘rave’ type events in general no matter what time. After Elements, some of the councillors including the mayor seem to be okay with how things are running. My guess is just more security will be required at any big events. Will be interesting to see how things turn out the next few months.

As for afterhours clubs, we have one called Y Afterhours in downtown, no real big names come by though and it ain’t no Stereo or Circus.

As for Calgary; absolutely nothing allowed past 2:30, hell I think they pretty much just pull the plug once alcohol sales dwindle…

quote:
Originally posted by klm21
I would really like to see techno/house DJs booked..

Agreed, some of the Toolroom Knights or Bedrock artists would be great to see.


Posted by klm21 on May-12-2012 19:26:

quote:
Originally posted by suntrancin
Actually in Edmonton you’re allowed to have shows till 6AM at certain venues. Alcohol stops at 2AM obviously and more security/police are required. Right now there is the whole debate in the city allowing these late parties. Earlier in the year, the city suggested allowing the events to go till 6AM but wanted them totally dry from opening to close…I couldn’t care less about drinks but obviously the promoters and venue ain’t going to be making much $$$. Then they wanted to shut down any ‘rave’ type events in general no matter what time. After Elements, some of the councillors including the mayor seem to be okay with how things are running. My guess is just more security will be required at any big events. Will be interesting to see how things turn out the next few months.



Yeah I've been reading that as well the past few months but it seemed more for the big type "raves" like Frequency and yes Elements at the bigger venues like Shaw Conference Centre. I meant more for smaller club shows or smaller venues, like the one you mentioned Y Afterhours but yeah no bigger DJs seem to go there. Likewise I could care less about drinks lol..

I just dont get how two big(ger) cities like Edmonton and Calgary don't have a lively afterhours scene and how mostly everything is done at 230, too conservative province. Even 6am is pretty early.



Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright © 2000-2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.