tranceaddict Forums

tranceaddict Forums (www.tranceaddict.com/forums)
- Music Discussion
-- This legend has some serious pressure on him right now.
Pages (2): [1] 2 »

Posted by Euforix on May-08-2012 17:50:

This legend has some serious pressure on him right now.

So Kai Tracid posts in FB that he is building up a studio.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Kai-Tracid/81917113005

Of course I have no clue what he is going to do with the studio, is it for producing new music or is it for mastering/mixing or something else?

Anyway, some older TAs (especially hard trance fans) could tell more about this. My german is very bad nowadays.

I really hope Kai is doing something minimal and joins the german techno bandwagon (or something special) and doesn't start making anything similar that he used to because his old fans will probably lynch him.

Posted by Woony on May-08-2012 18:06:

He doesn't say anything about what he's going to do with it. But it seems like he's still playing the same stuff to the same crowd (his old fans). Unless he starts pressing whitelabels or something I can't see him doing something new.

Posted by Trance-M on May-08-2012 19:42:

Looks like York and Woody knew he was working on that. Kai at least doesn't say it's not for producing as respond to the comments, so it probably is not his new fitness studio.

Posted by sleeping on May-08-2012 21:23:

well i hope it will be better then these two legends latest trousesnooze

Posted by Titanium on May-09-2012 07:04:

Re: This legend has some serious pressure on him right now.

quote:

Of course I have no clue what he is going to do with the studio, is it for producing new music or is it for mastering/mixing or something else?

Anyway, some older TAs (especially hard trance fans) could tell more about this. My german is very bad nowadays.

I really hope Kai is doing something minimal and joins the german techno bandwagon (or something special) and doesn't start making anything similar that he used to because his old fans will probably lynch him.

I hope he doesn't do anything minimal sucks. Heard his stuff it sounded soooo boring and dull.

Posted by Johan (DJ Irish) on May-09-2012 07:39:

Re: Re: This legend has some serious pressure on him right now.

quote:
Originally posted by Titanium
I hope he doesn't do anything minimal sucks. Heard his stuff it sounded soooo boring and dull.

I quite enjoyed his minimal/technoish stuff and would definitely be interested in more of that

Posted by Euforix on May-09-2012 08:20:

Re: Re: Re: This legend has some serious pressure on him right now.

quote:
Originally posted by Johan (DJ Irish)
I quite enjoyed his minimal/technoish stuff and would definitely be interested in more of that

Indeed. Releases like this would definitely work:

Even one supersaw would destroy his all reputation imo.

Posted by Johan (DJ Irish) on May-09-2012 14:28:

Re: Re: Re: Re: This legend has some serious pressure on him right now.

quote:
Originally posted by Euforix

Exactly the release I was thinking about. Great stuff. Especially enjoyed Discreet Charm

Posted by Looney4Clooney on May-10-2012 23:30:

used open so many sets with that track. I played the german sort of hard trance and often you had a lot of soft djs so this track was perfect as it doesn't really sound too hard but makes a great track to transition to what you wanted to play. Was released in 2001 - 2 i believe.

Posted by Titanium on May-10-2012 23:43:

Re: Re: Re: Re: This legend has some serious pressure on him right now.

quote:

Sounds a bit dull but alright not something that makes me want to buy it. I hope he makes some trance (not necessarily supersaws)

Posted by Quazar on May-11-2012 06:01:

Personally, I want more of this:

Posted by Johan (DJ Irish) on May-11-2012 14:33:

quote:
Originally posted by Quazar
Personally, I want more of this:

Or he should just go back to his Acut Genius/Formic Acid days

Posted by Euforix on Jun-11-2012 14:59:

I guess this is the current sound of Kai (didn't know he released a tune with Kris Menace in last September):

I'm no sure should or should I not buy the vinyl. In discogs it says it's techno/minimal, but I'm not sure what the f*ck it actually is.

Posted by Mattsanity. on Jun-11-2012 15:13:

I remember there was a die-hard female kai tracid fan on TA.

Posted by Nrg2Nfinit on Jun-12-2012 02:26:

or back to this

Posted by fredjan on Jun-12-2012 23:32:

quote:
Originally posted by Mattsanity.

?
edit: guess I was wrong.

Posted by Terrence Parker on Jun-12-2012 23:38:

Here is an interview from last year.

Kai Tracid interview, Luminosity Beach Festival 2011 from Kidson Media Production on Vimeo.

Posted by itsamemario on Jun-12-2012 23:53:

I always liked his label more than his own productions if I'm gonna be honest.

First vinyl I bought:

Posted by fredjan on Jun-13-2012 00:01:

quote:
I guess this is the current sound of Kai (didn't know he released a tune with Kris Menace in last September):

I'm no sure should or should I not buy the vinyl. In discogs it says it's techno/minimal, but I'm not sure what the f*ck it actually is.

That's wicked, it sounds like something Airwave would have played in Tranceplant.

Posted by capricorn15 on Jun-13-2012 10:42:

quote:
Originally posted by dj_alfi
I always liked his label more than his own productions if I'm gonna be honest.

First vinyl I bought:

you know he made this right?

Posted by Stormbringer on Jun-14-2012 06:46:

Tracid made a lot of tracks that are not labeled under his "Kai Tracid" name...They are under his other names...and those tracks are AWESOME!! This is one of them. http://soundcloud.com/mr-ric-1/tracidunderground Yeah, on his facebook, he says he's back to producing again. I really hope goes back to making hard trance, because most Tracid fans will love it if he does!

Here's the link where he says it..

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...&type=1&theater

Posted by [N]k|[Z] on Jun-14-2012 12:28:

quote:
Originally posted by Mattsanity.

TranceAki

i taught her everything shes knows :P
she has my signed picture disc of '4 just 1 day' that i very very nearly managed to get played by him at gatecrasher. but he forgot and ended up playing his own copy. he was gonna try and mix it in again with my copy, but then armin van booring came into the DJ box and kicked him off........ cock!

Posted by Stormbringer on Jun-14-2012 18:53:

........Armin kicked Tracid off the stage??....it should have been the other way around....

Posted by Euforix on Jun-14-2012 19:16:

quote:
Originally posted by Stormbringer
........Armin kicked Tracid off the stage??....it should have been the other way around....

Definitely! Someone has pics or video of this happening?!

Posted by Terrence Parker on Jun-14-2012 19:53:

I think he only plays classics nowadays

Pages (2): [1] 2 »