tranceaddict Forums

tranceaddict Forums (www.tranceaddict.com/forums)
- USA - New York
-- Devils vs Rangers.....
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 4 5 »

Posted by Scoops on May-14-2012 23:30:

Devils vs Rangers.....

....really don't care who wins this series....but this is great for hockey and the tri-state area.....

don't be surprised if a bunch of the players end up at EDC at some point on saturday after the game

Posted by AY STAR on May-14-2012 23:37:

time to paint your face

Posted by PoLskA on May-15-2012 00:11:

Devils!!

only cuz ive always been a Brodeur fan!

Posted by edubbz on May-15-2012 02:46:

I care who wins the series- Let's Go Rangers!

so far, its been a pretty tight game...it's all coming down to the goalies! I want to hear "Marty!" chants.

Posted by SebG on May-15-2012 02:54:

quote:
Originally posted by edubbz
I care who wins the series- Let's Go Rangers!

so far, its been a pretty tight game...it's all coming down to the goalies! I want to hear "Marty!" chants.

Not really. Devils have been outplaying Rags, but Henrik has been solid.

This will come down to who makes a worst mistake and/or catches a lucky bounce

Posted by yankeeBaby on May-15-2012 03:00:

quote:
Originally posted by SebG

Disagree. If this was like a scored fight, Rangers win period 1, Devils wins period 2.

Oh, and: SCORE!!!!!!!!

Posted by edubbz on May-15-2012 03:43:

quote:
Originally posted by SebG

outplaying us? LOL yeaaa, okay..devs can't even get passed our defense..and if they happen to, the king is there to finish it off.

and just like that, THE COOKIE CRUMBLES! shut 'em down

MARTY! MARTY! MARTY!

Posted by yankeeBaby on May-15-2012 03:54:

Rangers got that holy water, son!!!! Shutout from our king!

Posted by yankeeBaby on May-15-2012 03:59:

quote:
outplaying us? LOL yeaaa, okay..devs can't even get passed our defense..and if they happen to, the king is there to finish it off.

and just like that, THE COOKIE CRUMBLES! shut 'em down

MARTY! MARTY! MARTY!

Both you n Seb are a little bit correct. It's not as black n white as u both make it.

Yeah, we were up in stats after both periods, but we outplayed them in the first and we sucked major balls in the second (especially on offense, eek!). we came through on offense, defense and goaltending in the end though. No luck or funny bounces here! Looks like our RAGS mopped their asses up in the third, holla! I'll take the W....

Posted by edubbz on May-15-2012 04:10:

quote:
Originally posted by yankeeBaby
Both you n Seb are a little bit correct. It's not as black n white as u both make it.

Yeah, we were up in stats after both periods, but we outplayed them in the first and we sucked major balls in the second (especially on offense, eek!). we came through on offense, defense and goaltending in the end though. No luck or funny bounces here! Looks like our RAGS mopped their asses up in the third, holla! I'll take the W....

pls, don't refer us as the "rags"...that's for the haters.

Posted by yankeeBaby on May-15-2012 04:12:

quote:
pls, don't refer us as the "rags"...that's for the haters.

I was teasing them for such a lame ass name. It has nothing to do with anything and isn't even minorly insulting.....

Posted by edubbz on May-15-2012 04:40:

lol oh, okay! they can't even come up with any original chants.

Posted by Eu Pili on May-15-2012 05:24:

It's amusing to see how many people jump on the bandwagon for the Rags.. Where was everyone during the season? I could write a novel on this. Rags BARELY escaped the 8th seeded OTTAWA SENS, needed a game 7 to determine the winner, AND the 7th seeded CAPITALS with another game 7!!! Now you come into the ECF's with two days rest and full of momentum compared to the Devils who have been sitting for 5 days after demolishing the FILTHY FLYERS!

It's just game ONE. It's BEST of 7.

Thank your team for blocking all the shots, not the QUEEN.

The Devils will break the RAGS down just like we did to the FILTHY flyers with our amazing for-check. Just wait.

Rags need a new chant... MAAAAAAARTY chant is just plain dumb. You guys even chant it when YOU SCORED AN EMPTY NET GOAL.

LET'S GO DEVILS!
MARTY'S BETTER!
RANGERS SUCK!

DEVILS IN 6

Posted by yankeeBaby on May-15-2012 06:40:

quote:
Originally posted by Eu Pili
It's amusing to see how many people jump on the bandwagon for the Rags.. Where was everyone during the season? I could write a novel on this. Rags BARELY escaped the 8th seeded OTTAWA SENS, needed a game 7 to determine the winner, AND the 7th seeded CAPITALS with another game 7!!! Now you come into the ECF's with two days rest and full of momentum compared to the Devils who have been sitting for 5 days after demolishing the FILTHY FLYERS!

It's just game ONE. It's BEST of 7.

Thank your team for blocking all the shots, not the QUEEN.

The Devils will break the RAGS down just like we did to the FILTHY flyers with our amazing for-check. Just wait.

Rags need a new chant... MAAAAAAARTY chant is just plain dumb. You guys even chant it when YOU SCORED AN EMPTY NET GOAL.

LET'S GO DEVILS!
MARTY'S BETTER!
RANGERS SUCK!

DEVILS IN 6

Posted by Eu Pili on May-15-2012 07:42:

quote:

Posted by edubbz on May-15-2012 14:00:

quote:

well said bc he has no clue what he's tawkin' bout.

Posted by SebG on May-15-2012 14:13:

Rangers D did their job, but they're getting burned out. Devils offense could have been a bit better although they did dominate the 2nd period. 3rd period, as soon as Rags scored that goal, they got their second wind and more energy to keep pushing. Henrik was solid with the shots that he took on. Marty probably had the best save of the entire play off teams.

Its exciting, although I am disappointed with the shutout....

Posted by EarnYourKeep on May-15-2012 17:08:

stop all this crazy talk and someone go get marty's walker with some milk and cookies

you ask where we were all season? sorry we didn't post on the forums we were too busy making carter bleed all over the ice.

the rangers have been blocking shots all year, you all want to continue believing we're burning out but we're still battling and winning the forecheck. don't act like you didn't have chances, you had plenty of chances and got stood up in the blue and off the stick hand THREE TIMES

Get the fuck out of here with that bullshit static, i won't be surprised if marty flops flat on his ass and we eat 4 straight from jersey, but the real grind about us blueshirts is we want to play 7 we've been grinding the whole league all year and we're still beating your forwards in open ice blue line to blue line (McDonagh ring a bell?)

end of the day, NHL and EVERY REAL HOCKEY FAN wants a Gretzsky repeat LAK vs NYR

We're relentless, we'll continue to bring it, nonstop and still standing you up in the crease.

BLUE SHIRTS ALL FUCKING DAY

Posted by edubbz on May-15-2012 18:09:

Not only that, but you ask where we were all season long? We've been in the top 5 all season and about 60%, perhaps even 70%, of it holding first in the east. How is that considered jumping "on the bandwagon" when we've been doing damage all along.

I can't help to continue looking back at what was said and LOL. So we BARELY beat the 8th seed which happens to be fucking Ottawa. Are you serious? You trying to say Ottawa sucks? LOL (again). As much as I hate to say it, we have a hard time facing canadian teams for the fact that they're fucking nasty, ALL OF THEM! 7th seed, Capitals, have, nonetheless, a fucking beast (Ovechkin)- give this man a puck and he will find an open space and hit the crevice in the net. Now, if your logic is that bc they're the last seeds in the finals, explain to me how relentless the Kings have been? Did they not blow away the 1st seed in the west? Furthermore, what's your point about "demolishing" the Philthies? Because, as far as I know, we shut them down all season long- including in the winter classic, at home! Let me repeat that one more time, SHUT. THEM. DOWN (5 games, FYI). TBH, I was hoping we play the Dev's instead of the Flyers for the fact that I wanted a more challenging and exciting series to watch, otherwise, we would've just breezed into the finals. I'm going to stop myself here bc, like I said, you have no clue what you're talking about.

It was, indeed, an exciting game to watch. The Devil's played good, IMO. Fortunately, it just wasn't enough. I don't think our D is getting burnt either. It is bc of them that we have gotten so far and Henrik, of course. Even the noob, Kreider, has adapted well to the game and is putting work out there- he just needs a few tweaks here and there but is playing well with the power lines.

It is just game 1 (only thing I could have agreed with you..than again, that's a given) and I expect it to go to game 7. But after ydays game, I wouldn't be surprised if we win it in 5, than again, they did come from a lengthy rest so perhaps they were just rusty (giving them the benefit of the doubt here).

Now, THAT'S a novel worth reading. Come back on wed night for chapter 2.

Posted by Eu Pili on May-15-2012 19:32:

Jumping on the bandwagon in regards to all the "WANNABE FANS". Of course I give the Rangers props to being in the number 1 spot all season long. It's a shame they didn't win the presidents trophy. It just annoys me how everyone all of a sudden becomes a RAGS fan because they make it deep into the play-offs. 95% of the fans don't even watch the games. They check ESPN the next morning for the score and start shit talking. That's besides the point.

Everyone complained when the Devils implemented the "trap" system that went on the win the Cup, not once, not twice, but THREE times. Now everyone has the RAGS nuts in their mouths praising how great they are and the system they use is logical and inspirational. Are you serious? Their system is a classic Devils system with an addition of BLOCKING EVERY SHOT from the point. The RAGS can't even set-up a for-check in the Devils zone because WE win every battle behind the net. Your two goals were scored from just around the blue line. The Devils dominated 80% of the game.

What's done in the previous rounds is done. It's obvious to everyone that the RAGS got lucky to be in the ECF's. Simple as that. Being a number one seed going in as favorites to win it all, you don't need 7 games to win the first two rounds.

Did the KINGS need 7 games to finish off the President Trophy winners? IF that's the case, they will easily SWEEP the RAGS if they DO beat the Devils.

Hope everyone doesn't get all crazy about this. It's all fun and games. We should all have a meet-up to watch a game one night. Flying Puck is a cool spot to watch hockey, or maybe Stout? I'll take the trek from NJ.

DEVILS IN 6!!!

Posted by yankeeBaby on May-15-2012 19:49:

quote:
Originally posted by Eu Pili

You wanna know why I am laughing at your post? Because I assume you posted that out of pure emotion, as most of what you wrote is bullshit.

Ok, I am pretty reasonable, and am not quite as black and white as most of the peeps on this forum, so lemme explain myself:

1) Cant really say much about bandwagon, considering the The Rangers having one of the largest fan bases outside of Canada. If you are talking about the forum, perhaps you accidentally logged into the wrong forum, because most of the guys (and girls) here are long-time fans on both the Rangers AND the Devils sides. Besides, there are "real" fans and "fake" fans on every team imaginable, so thats a moot point.

2) With your theory of winning/losing because of rankings, perhaps we should breeze through Jersey? Not quite. There is no breezing through the Devils, they are a solid team with great goaltending, and vise versa. Ranking doesnt mean shit: see below example of Philthy.

3) Putting down an effort versus the Caps and the Sens is where I really dont get your hockey "knowledge." Even if I separate myself as an unbiased hockey fan: The Caps and Sens are both tough teams. IMO, Jersey played teams that *I*, as a Ranger fan, would have MUCH preferred to play based on our style of play. Teams match up differently against different teams. Look at Philthy. They beat the Pens, who the Rangers (and many teams) have had a tough time against, yet the Rangers absolutely destroyed Philly throughout the season. I would have killed to play Philly: we would have an extra 6 days rest. Seriously: bragging about beating down Philly is laughable and makes your whole "knowledge" of hockey seem miniscule at best. Again, different teams match up differently, so why even go there? And besides, its not like the Devils destroyed either Ottawa or Caps in the reg season either. I believe you guys were 2-1 against both of 'em, with several games going into OT/SO. So...tell me guy, how is that much different?

4) get over the Marty cheer. Half the freakin rivalries in the league taunt a player of their choice. I have been IN NEWARK on several occasions when I hear the Henrik taunts, so does that make your fans assholes, too? Not really. Shit happens, its what fans DO. It clearly doesnt affect either Marty or Henrik, so why do you care?

5) On the topic of Henrik, this is where I lose my cool. As any reasonable fan, anyone can say that Henrik is one of the best goaltenders out there currently. I can say the same for Marty. Marty is the Mariano Rivera of hockey: old as hell and still killin it like he's 25. Any asshole who says other wise is not a real hockey fan. And you are also an asshole if you diminish what Henrik does on the ice. Unfortunately, and I am rational enough to admit this: the Rangers have not been able to give Henrik a solid enough team like Jersey has to give him a Cup, but that does NOT take away from how good *HE* is. PERIOD.

And thats all I gotta say about THAT.

Posted by yankeeBaby on May-15-2012 19:50:

Oh, and its "FORE-check"....Mr. Man of great knowledge

Posted by EarnYourKeep on May-15-2012 20:01:

luongo had a horrid series against LA after game 1, schneider should have been in minding the net and canucks were down Sedin which fucked their lines up. Canucks got hurt at the worst time and didn't get the needed goal tending they wanted from luongo. presidents trophy winners or not, point is LA got hot when the time is right and they went through 2 top teams who both were beaten up at the wrong time of the year. Same goes for the blues, elliot's panties fell to the ground his legs were wide open the whole series especially after the cake walk the blues put on the sharks. the west is open for LA's taking since they are skating the best ever since the 2nd round.

the east is a completely different story, so many more bigger lines out there Semin/Ovi and Malkin/Crosby are studs to get past same for Spezza out of the sens, the east is a completely different story in my opinion and the Rangers have battled and bruised, weathered, and dominated all year.

Of course the devils were going to win the forecheck, coming off of a rest that's about all they could do is beat us on the boards. but we still grind we still grit we play rangers hockey. I wouldn't say tort has us playing a trap system, its honestly more about our defensive lines with the king in net. We play the forecheck well on boyles line but dont cycle the necessary slot that makes the trap so popular. we rotate our forecheck and play it up top and cycle our screens since we have heavy shooters like girardi, richards, staal.

The trap doesn't work with our line we're more of a speed screen shoot team which is why a lot of teams have open ice odd man rushes on us but with the king in the net we welcome those opportunities because of outlet passes.

Also keep in mind, we've been down a forward in dubinsky who hasn't had a great round 1 and have filled that with a ROOKIE out of BU in Kreider who is playing some exceptional hockey for his age and we also just got hagelin back which adds speed to his line

Devils you may be us to the boards but we'll bring the shots on goal and you better pray that marty finds himself a fountain of youth.

Posted by Eu Pili on May-15-2012 20:32:

LOL! Tight I see..

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions. You can have yours, I will have mine. Rangers suck, Devils rule.

It's all good. Stating your point on the internet is useless.

The QUEEN would be no where if it wasn't for the defense blocking every shot. Your coach is a douche. Your owner guaranteed a cup, but I don't see that happening.

One does not need hockey knowledge to understand the Rangers didn't need two rounds going into game 7's to be in the ECF. The LA KINGS did not, and they played 2 teams far superior to the Rangers.

Any who... we shall let the player's decide the games ON THE ICE.

LET'S GO DEVILS!!!
RANGERS SUCK!!!
MARTY'S BETTER!

“We’re here to win the Stanley Cup,” DeBoer said. “Our season success or failure isn’t based around the New York Rangers or beating the New York Rangers. It happens they’re in our way on our goal to win a Stanley Cup and we’re going to have to get through them to get where we want to go.” Devils Head Coach Pete DeBoer

DEVILS IN 6!!!

OH NOES!

Posted by EarnYourKeep on May-15-2012 20:45:

when you begin to provide factual knowledge backing up your statements then i'll consider your statements as well thought-out logic, otherwise the gibberish you are posting is quite amusing, so amusing that I begin to wonder when did you jump on the so called wagon

Pages (5): [1] 2 3 4 5 »