tranceaddict Forums

tranceaddict Forums (www.tranceaddict.com/forums)
- Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont.
-- THE OFFICIAL EURO 2012 Thread
Pages (13): [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »

Posted by Stilez on Jun-07-2012 17:49:

Exclamation THE OFFICIAL EURO 2012 Thread

Tomorrow the madness begins.
Rep your team, make your predictions, trash/bash other teams, post pics & vids relevant to the tournament. Do it all in here.

ON that note, wow! What an opening game Spain vs Italy.

Discuss.

Posted by Yohan on Jun-07-2012 17:59:

We already have a soccer thread

Posted by Stilez on Jun-07-2012 18:10:

quote:
Originally posted by Yohan
We already have a soccer thread

heh, ya I know, but this is specific to the tournament.

Posted by Dior Homme on Jun-07-2012 18:58:

quote:
Originally posted by Stilez
heh, ya I know, but this is specific to the tournament.

He's busting balls because he started the thread.

Posted by Special K on Jun-07-2012 21:03:

Should be a good tourney. I always prefer the Euros over the World Cup as it is less watered down and more competitive. There are less bullshit teams and for the most part it's pretty much quality from top to bottom. This however looks like it will be coming to a close as the next Euros in France will have 24 teams.

My pics for group winners are:

Russia + Poland
Germany + Holland
Spain + Croatia (blind homerism on the Croatia bit I know)
France + Sweden

Im obviously rooting for Croatia but I am realistic, and to further that we have had a seriously shitty run of form over the course of the last hmmmmmmm 4 years or so. Actually since the last Euro, which I am still bitter about to this day. Although knocking Turkey out of the tournament by way of a smoking in Istanbul was nice bit of tidy revenge.

But yeah I am really not expecting much from them. The Croatian defense is horrible, midfield is QUALITY and the forwards are good & serviceable. So mehhh, I can easily see them going 3 and out, and just the same I can see them advancing out of this group and making some noise. They are just a typical unpredictable sketchy Balkan team.

It would be nice to see Poland & Ukraine do well but I only see Poland advancing and Lewandowski becoming a Polish legend as a result. It's always nice to see Ireland do well too, but yeah they are in tough.

Who do I think will win? Germany.

Posted by FunkyCrew on Jun-07-2012 21:08:

lol @ Anonymous bringing down Ukie Euro website

quote:
Anonymous Operations ‏@Anon_Central

#OpUkraine - Tango Down: http://www.euro-2012.com -- #Anonymous #Ukraine | #Euro2012 because you have no right to kill innocent animals

it's back online now

Posted by Special K on Jun-07-2012 22:18:

ps. I'm jacked for Sunday

One of my fav Suker goals of all time. Croatia v Ireland Euro qualifier from 99, Suker with a goal in the dying seconds of the game. Pure class.

http://espnfc.com/us/en/news/1086938/musa-okwongathe-luka-modric-mystique.html

Posted by LightsOut on Jun-07-2012 22:41:

Pulling for Germany, so close the last few tournements but always just a little short. I was feeling very confident 6 months ago, now, not so much. The quality is there, and the bench is deep, but I think it's all going to come down to who's peaking at the right time, as a handful of teams have the tools to go on a run. I'd like to see Germany v Spain, payback time. Excited for Portugal on Saturday.

Posted by spitty on Jun-08-2012 00:29:

super excited to be in AMSTERDAMfor this!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Endlesswave on Jun-08-2012 00:39:

Don't think Greece will get far but I will support anyhow.

Posted by Stilez on Jun-08-2012 07:42:

Euro 2012: Netherlands 'subjected to racist chants while training'

Fak! Hope this isn't true & certainly hope it's not going to be happening at every game.

SOURCE

quote:

Netherlands' black players were allegedly subjected to racist abuse during their open training session in the Polish city of Krakow.
Dutch captain Mark van Bommel branded the monkey chants as "a real disgrace".
Van Bommel said: "You need to open your ears. If you did hear it, and don't want to hear it, that is even worse."
Uefa officials said an incident had occurred but it was a protest about Krakow not being given any Euro 2012 matches, The Times reported.
The news comes on the opening day of the tournament, which is being co-hosted by Poland and Ukraine.
Analysis

quote:
Dan Roan
BBC sports news correspondent
"It's the last thing Uefa needs - just a few hours before the opening game. The issue of racism has stalked the preparations for this competition and once again it has reared its head."

A BBC documentary had recently raised fears that Euro 2012 could be dogged by the issue of racism.
The Dutch players were reportedly targeted by Polish fans as they began their practice session at the Stadion Miejski.
Van Bommel responded by leading the squad to the far side of the pitch.
The abuse comes just a day after they had visited the Nazi concentration camp Auschwitz, which is nearby.
Van Bommel said: "It is a real disgrace, especially after getting back from Auschwitz, that you are confronted with this.
"We will take it up with Uefa and if it happens at a match we will talk to the referee and ask him to take us off the field."
Martin Lipton, from the Daily Mirror, is in Krakow and suggested there was a large number of Polish fans involved in the abuse.
He told BBC Radio 5 live: "As they were doing a lap on the pitch around 500 of the local fans started doing monkey chants at the black players.
"It became worse on the second lap, at which point Van Bommel took the players to the other side of the stadium. It's the only story in the Dutch press today."
The controversy has overshadowed the start of the tournament which kicks off at 17:00 BST with hosts Poland playing Greece in the opening match.
Earlier this week Uefa president Michel Platini told BBC Sport that referees have been instructed to call a halt to matches at this summer's tournament if a player is racially taunted.
Yet the Frenchman also warned any player who left the field unilaterally in protest over abuse from the stands would be yellow carded.
Italy and Manchester City striker Mario Balotelli had earlier said he intended to do exactly that if he found himself being racially abused.
Former England centre-back Sol Campbell, meanwhile, was compelled to advise fans to avoid the tournament after seeing the Panorama footage of supporters in Ukraine giving Nazi salutes and taunting black players with monkey noises.
Meanwhile, the families of black England players Theo Walcott and Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain have declined to travel to watch the matches because of fears over racism.

Posted by GGM on Jun-08-2012 14:42:

quote:
Originally posted by spitty

Posted by FunkyCrew on Jun-08-2012 15:58:

Re: Euro 2012: Netherlands 'subjected to racist chants while training'

quote:
Fak! Hope this isn't true & certainly hope it's not going to be happening at every game.

it's certainly true :\

*sigh* typical Eastern European attitude to people of other races so sad

Posted by hax-a-million on Jun-08-2012 16:00:

i like holland and france to make some noise this year!

also i was invited to play 11 on 11 tomorrow, a bunch of croatians vs a bunch of irishmen. should be interesting

Posted by geroin on Jun-08-2012 18:34:

hahah sick game so far

Posted by Xavier Moriarty on Jun-08-2012 18:36:

polish substitute goalie should've get red card as soon as he moved the ball on 11 m. what the fuck was up with that?? pft

cmon greece !!!

Posted by Xavier Moriarty on Jun-08-2012 18:40:

quote:
Uefa officials said an incident had occurred but it was a protest about Krakow not being given any Euro 2012 matches, The Times reported

sure !!!

anybody who knows anything about football knows the truth about polish fans. trying to make it into something else is disgraceful. uefa officials should be ashamed of themselves

Posted by Xavier Moriarty on Jun-08-2012 18:41:

cmooooon bratkas !!!!!!

Posted by Stilez on Jun-08-2012 19:05:

Wow. What an opening game/match that was. Cards all over the place, both teams down 10 men. Greece had it in the bag, but couldn't capitalize on that penalty kick.

To think this was just the first game. W00t!

Posted by Stilez on Jun-08-2012 19:05:

Posted by LightsOut on Jun-08-2012 19:20:

quote:
Greece had it in the bag

Kind of an odd match that was. I think Poland had it in the bag, but let Greece off the hook and they paid for it. After a solid first half and heading in the break 1-0 up with a man advantage, they let off the gas and Greece capitalized. It's funny watching teams play 4-3-3 and be completely outplayed, only to go down a man and be forced into a 4-4-1 and then suddenly everything comes together.

Czech Republic - Russia coming up. I don't really the rate either team that high.. If Arshavin, Kerzhakov, & Shirokov are in good form today, Russia should come out ahead.

Posted by Xavier Moriarty on Jun-08-2012 20:00:

YES !!!!!

Posted by Special K on Jun-08-2012 20:07:

Lol @ The Irish welcoming the English team in Poland.

hahahahaha I love it.

Re: Ukranian + Polish supporters.

Dunno if anyone else saw it but I caught a really good BBC Panorama documentary last week called "Stadiums of Hate". Available on torrent.

Posted by Xavier Moriarty on Jun-08-2012 20:08:

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOHOHOOOO

Posted by Xavier Moriarty on Jun-08-2012 20:14:

i just heard that 20.000 russians are going to the game against polland, days after kaczynski started saying russians killed his brother, again.

anybody heard anything simmilar?

Pages (13): [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »