tranceaddict Forums

tranceaddict Forums (www.tranceaddict.com/forums)
- Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont.
-- Electric Daisy Carnival 2012 .....345000 people
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »

Posted by emonster4life on Jun-11-2012 20:26:

Electric Daisy Carnival 2012 .....345000 people

There's several more live sets from the user name on the first video

Posted by jon jon on Jun-12-2012 01:06:

wind cancellation footage from sun morn

Posted by Skipper on Jun-12-2012 04:06:

I had never even heard of this festival until the whole Mark Farina thing came up. 350,000 people ? Jesus.

Posted by jon jon on Jun-12-2012 06:52:

quote:
Originally posted by Skipper
350,000 people ? Jesus.

ya how crazy is that

is it fair to say that Vegas is the biggest market in the States now? all those ridiculous DJ residency's, so much $$$$$

it's wild, vegas is kinda turning into an american ibiza... i think it's bad ass... the 50's had Frank Sinatra, we have Steve Lawler lol

Posted by jon jon on Jun-12-2012 07:56:

lol wow

Posted by jon jon on Jun-12-2012 08:28:

lol and almost on cue from the New York Times...

The New Stars in Vegas: D.J.ís and Dance Music
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/06/12/a...times&seid=auto

Posted by Orko on Jun-12-2012 13:44:

quote:
Originally posted by jon jon
it's wild, vegas is kinda turning into an american ibiza.

It was only a matter of time till another city was able to rain on Ibiza's parade. After a little thought, vegas does seem like a natural fit. Is there another city in the US that has more drugs floating around?

Posted by GGM on Jun-12-2012 15:17:

Until they actually start to book proper DJs (and don't kick them off the decks for playing proper music) I wouldn't put Vegas up against Ibiza or even in the same category. They've been doing this for 20-30 years and steering our music's direction as we know it, I don't think Vegas' booking of Tiestos and Afrojacks nonstop compares.

Posted by geroin on Jun-12-2012 16:23:

yeah vegas is complete cheesefest

Posted by jon jon on Jun-12-2012 22:36:

pic of main stage, crazyyyy

Posted by rabbitjoker on Jun-12-2012 22:43:

^^^^^--- crapper! that looks fun!

Posted by jon jon on Jun-12-2012 22:44:

quote:
Originally posted by geroin

ibiza has cheesefest too! doesn't mean the underground can't coexist...

Posted by RyanVice on Jun-12-2012 23:02:

LOL 'rave' this and ..'rave' that.. When will John and Jane America get off that word?

Posted by RyanVice on Jun-12-2012 23:04:

quote:

This.

And when was the last time Lawler played in LV!?? ..2010??

Cheese.
Dick.
Fest.

Posted by oldschool420 on Jun-13-2012 00:44:

quote:

This!

The CosmicMEADOW stage had a pretty solid lineup saturday & sunday.
Love that Vegas is blowing up and more DJ's are starting to play there. Just more reason to make frequent trips there.

Posted by kotsy on Jun-13-2012 04:17:

quote:

pic of main stage, crazyyyy

fuckin' hell...

Posted by geroin on Jun-13-2012 04:25:

quote:
Originally posted by oldschool420
This!

The CosmicMEADOW stage had a pretty solid lineup saturday & sunday.
Love that Vegas is blowing up and more DJ's are starting to play there. Just more reason to make frequent trips there.

sure is but all those guys play any other festival and come to toronto relatively often, if i was to go away to a festival somewhere i'd like to see dj's/acts that i'd love to see but barely able to in my home town but that's just me.

Posted by oldschool420 on Jun-13-2012 06:11:

quote:
sure is but all those guys play any other festival and come to toronto relatively often, if i was to go away to a festival somewhere i'd like to see dj's/acts that i'd love to see but barely able to in my home town but that's just me.

Fair enough. Mind blowing music is not always #1 one of my priorities for choosing vacations. EDC would just be a blast... so many people, tons of different music, crazy costumes, and tons of hot women... sounds like a good time to me!

Posted by mindspin1 on Jun-13-2012 14:33:

quote:

I've always said no way I'd go to see these cheesey acts. That changes quick if you are a heterosexual, and like a good fun pool party. The pool parties in Vegas are so much fun. And I despise the radio pop cheese music. I'd suggest to anyone to check these out. If anything just people watching is fun.

Posted by GGM on Jun-13-2012 15:56:

quote:

This is true. It can co-exist, but that doesn't mean it currently does. To this day I haven't seen a shred of hope that that's what Vegas is trying to accomplish. When they open something in the lines of DC10 and away from Marquee/Surrender then the Ibiza vs Vegas debate is open.

Posted by ChemEnhanced on Jun-13-2012 16:10:

A buddy was at the Q-dance stage and he said it was absolutely incredible.

Posted by mindspin1 on Jun-13-2012 16:47:

quote:
Originally posted by GGM
This is true. It can co-exist, but that doesn't mean it currently does. To this day I haven't seen a shred of hope that that's what Vegas is trying to accomplish. When they open something in the lines of DC10 and away from Marquee/Surrender then the Ibiza vs Vegas debate is open.

Drais set a record for most people and revenue last week when Hawtin played there. He played from 4am-11am. If anyone has been to Drais they know how fun that night would have been.

Posted by gilboman on Jun-13-2012 17:01:

Shut down in middle of Markus' set, he played on a mini stage later for a bit before doing a B2B studio set with Armin in a trailer lol

Posted by gimmebeatz on Jun-13-2012 22:10:

quote:
Originally posted by GGM
Until they actually start to book proper DJs (and don't kick them off the decks for playing proper music) I wouldn't put Vegas up against Ibiza or even in the same category. They've been doing this for 20-30 years and steering our music's direction as we know it, I don't think Vegas' booking of Tiestos and Afrojacks nonstop compares.

not to mention the clubs in vegas dont even remotely compare to ibiza's. ive never been to ibiza but have been to many in vegas and i cant think of one that compares to amnesia, space, or privelege in sound, lights or even overall production of a show. vegas is definitely not the new ibiza with their ridiculous dress codes as well to get in. ibiza is about the people and the music hands down. vegas is about $$$ and status then the music..kind of (depending on what DJ you are)

Posted by jon jon on Jun-13-2012 23:45:

quote:
Originally posted by gimmebeatz
not to mention the clubs in vegas dont even remotely compare to ibiza's

that's true, but has Ibiza ever seen a festival as big at 1 time as EDC? unlikely... either way u CAN compare them

quote:
Originally posted by gimmebeatz
ive never been to ibiza

u can tell! ibiza has the DC10's and the Bora Bora's, but it also has Pacha and other upscale dress code BS $$$$ as well...

Ibiza isn't just for clubbers, it's a massive tourist destination for Euro wealthy as well

Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »