tranceaddict Forums

tranceaddict Forums (www.tranceaddict.com/forums)
- Chill Out Room
-- I Just Got Robbed
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »

Posted by LAdazeNYnights on Jun-12-2012 07:16:

I Just Got Robbed

By some guy with a knife.
Hoddie on, latino.

I was walking back to my apartment from Ralphs, where I had purchased some beers (Stone Levitation). There's one stretch of my 2 block walk back that takes me past this gated Art School. It was dark out (10:30ish) and I'm walking with my headphones on, head down. He doesn't get out of my way, I try to walk around the other way. He shows me the knife, about a 4 inch long box cutter, industrial type or whatever

"give me all your fuckin' money."
I have 100 bucks in my wallet... "I have no money man..."
"give me all your fuckin money"
I have expensive headphones on and an ipod...shmuck doesn't take notice. He was on something, but I couldn't tell what.
"Here, take my beers man. I don't know what to tell you."
"Gimme the fuckin beers"

Hand em over..some girl is walking about 10 yards behind. I'm in shock. tell her I got robbed. She points out a cop car turning on the corner. I run out into road, flag em down, they catch the fuckin guy immediately and have to use force to restrain him. They pepper sprayed him in the face!!!!

This was kinda terrible for me because I generally trust people. When I saw him I wasn't really afraid at all, it was just muscle reactions. I was on auto-pilot. I was in shock after and almost didn't even call the police

What a fuckin ordeal.

btw I got my beers back.

Posted by Lagrangian on Jun-12-2012 07:28:

Posted by Meat187 on Jun-12-2012 07:38:

Re: I Just Got Robbed

quote:
Originally posted by LAdazeNYnights
btw I got my beers back.

Phew, you got me worried there for a minute.

Posted by saluyamo on Jun-12-2012 08:06:

Good thing you didn't get stabbed in the arse.

Posted by stren on Jun-12-2012 08:10:

well played sir. Your story doesn't help the hoodie stereotype though

Posted by LAdazeNYnights on Jun-12-2012 08:18:

quote:
Originally posted by stren
well played sir. Your story doesn't help the hoodie stereotype though

yeah man, i had the same thought.
i'm gonna be scared now when i walk home late at night and some dude has a hoodie on

Posted by Blake on Jun-12-2012 08:43:

... and you managed to make it home with the beers? well played, indeed. glad to hear that no TA blood was spilt this night.

In all seriousness though, that must've been nerve racking. Glad it was only a knife he was carrying. Wonder if he'll ask himself whether it was really worth it, while he's being butt-raped later on.

Posted by Ian on Jun-12-2012 10:23:

Should be NYdazeLAnights then. I mean, there can't be any crime in LA, they're protected by Bas.

Posted by Acton on Jun-12-2012 10:32:

Most unfortunate. Doesn't sound like nice thing to go through at all.

At least he got arrested shortly after, though....... and you got your beers back.

Posted by Blake on Jun-12-2012 11:01:

quote:
Originally posted by Acton
Most unfortunate. Doesn't sound like nice thing to go through at all.

At least he got arrested shortly after, though....... and you got your beers back.

rob reversal!

Posted by aquila on Jun-12-2012 11:13:

Must be the first time ever the cops have been there when you needed them.

Posted by Looney4Clooney on Jun-12-2012 11:30:

can you list his colour so we can make this a race thing ?

Posted by Sushipunk on Jun-12-2012 11:38:

Re: I Just Got Robbed

quote:

Damn man, that's fucked

Glad to hear you're ok, that could have easily been a lot worse. When I lived in London, I learned really quickly not to be wandering around in the streets at night with headphones on, that's stupid shit right there (I mean that in the nicest possible way though, I used to get hassled a lot). Just risky.

quote:
btw I got my beers back.

Like a boss, though

Posted by Sushipunk on Jun-12-2012 11:39:

quote:
Originally posted by Looney4Clooney

LOL

Posted by LAdazeNYnights on Jun-12-2012 11:52:

Re: Re: I Just Got Robbed

quote:
Originally posted by aquila
Must be the first time ever the cops have been there when you needed them.

Yeah, haha. Funny thing too- after they had finally got the cuffs on him, 5 or 6 more squad cars showed up. It was really something else. This was all within 10 minutes of me having been robbed. Kinda makes you proud to be an American hahahahhahaha

After it was all over, the 2 main police officers seemed to think I was out of earshot and the one said to the other "popped your cherry man". He was a bit younger so I guess it was his first time taking down a suspect and using force. Awesome.

quote:
Originally posted by Looney4Clooney

I don't think it was unfair to include that he was latino. Had I not, the question may have come up, and 'latino' is certainly a more sensitive term than 'mexican'. Also, he kept shouting the n-word at the black cop who cuffed him... so, while I'm not some white kid who is hyper-sensitive to race, i'm also not the racist one in this scenario.

quote:
Originally posted by Sushipunk
Glad to hear you're ok, that could have easily been a lot worse. When I lived in London, I learned really quickly not to be wandering around in the streets at night with headphones on, that's stupid shit right there (I mean that in the nicest possible way though, I used to get hassled a lot). Just risky.

I make this walk (it's a few minutes on foot, no more) an average of say 8 or 9 times a week, occasionally between midnight and 2am to hit up my favorite ramen joint that's another block down. LA isn't really a city in the strictest sense, so most of the time I don't even encounter anybody on my walk. Maybe a few hipsters walking from my apartment building to the grocery store, but that's usually it. I've never had any reason (before this) to be frightened, or the least bit worried, about the walk. :/

Posted by Looney4Clooney on Jun-12-2012 11:56:

naw i wasn't looking for latino.

Posted by LAdazeNYnights on Jun-12-2012 12:01:

oh, well in that case: his skin color was 3 parts mexican to 1 part el salvadorian

Posted by zyklon-jay on Jun-12-2012 12:07:

I usually just tell would be robbers that I'm Fred Savage and figure that they will assume I'm broke.

Posted by OrangestO on Jun-12-2012 13:49:

Box cutter? lol

He would have been TKO'd before knowing what the fuck hit him.

I've been robbed at gun point before, and yes, those nerves in your body are pretty crazy. It's one of those adrenaline rushes you can't describe unless you've been through it. The body and its defense mechanisms are freaky. To the point you might not even feel the wound if something had happened.

Glad you're ok, though. You never know these days.

Posted by Lagrangian on Jun-12-2012 15:05:

Re: Re: Re: I Just Got Robbed

quote:
Kinda makes you proud to be an American hahahahhahaha

Posted by zyklon-jay on Jun-12-2012 17:05:

http://www.latimes.com/news/nation/...0,6237804.story

Posted by Adam420 on Jun-12-2012 17:18:

I wonder how much time he'll get

edit: did you press charges?

Posted by Lira on Jun-13-2012 00:05:

I'm glad you (and your beers) are okay

Posted by EddieZilker on Jun-13-2012 00:12:

quote:
Originally posted by Lira
I'm glad you (and your beers) are okay

Me too.

I've been jumped by three guys and know it's a very unwelcome, unnerving experience. Even though I prevailed, I still didn't feel quite right with the world about three months after the event.

Posted by AnotherWay83 on Jun-13-2012 00:21:

pussy

Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »