Become a part of the TranceAddict community! Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
tranceaddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth > New Pioneer PLX-1000 Turntable
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
DJ RANN
Supreme tranceaddict

New Pioneer PLX-1000 Turntable

I can't believe this hasn't been posted yet, but here it is:

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/P...ntable/PLX-1000

quote:
OVERVIEW
The DJ quality PLX-1000 direct drive analog turntable is designed for DJs who enjoy the look, feel, and performance of vinyl for music playback. The model offers a highly familiar, user-friendly control layout, high-torque direct drive mechanism, and exceptional audio playback quality. Combine the PLX-1000 with a Pioneer professional series DJM mixer for an ideal system for true vinyl enthusiasts.

USER-FRIENDLY CONTROL LAYOUT
The PLX-1000 provides a user friendly layout familiar to top DJs of the past and present, providing quick tempo control capability on the right side of the player, start/stop button on the left side, and a high-torque platter with a lighted speed guide

HIGH-TORQUE DIRECT DRIVE SYSTEM
The direct drive mechanism of the PLX-1000 provides high-torque resulting in stable rotation and exceptional control. The turntable can achieve a starting torque of at least 4.5kg/cm and can reach its fixed rotation speed within 0.3 seconds (at 33 1/3 rpm).

SOUND QUALITY DESIGN
To create an extremely stable player and prevent vibration, Pioneer utilized a heavy-mass zinc die-cast chassis for the top section of the player, reinforced with a bottom section made of 8-mm thick resin. The base of the unit was further enforced with 9-mm thick vibration-damping material that results in extremely stable playback. The tone arm also received great attention in build quality and design to maximize performance, using rubber insulation to minimize howling effects during audio playback. The RCA jacks feature gold-plated machine-cut parts for low impedance for excellent sound quality output.

Read the sales blurb. Seems like they copied the technics design verbatim, added RCA sockets in place of soldered cables, using IEC for power, put some rubber in the tonearm and gave you three pitch ranges, for $700.

Not sure if it's enough to convince me they're doing anything other than re-inventing the Technics wheel.

Old Post Jul-20-2014 01:43 
Click Here to See the Profile for DJ RANN Click here to Send DJ RANN a Private Message Add DJ RANN to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
PaULiN0
Supreme tranceaddict

Yeah there was a discussion on it awhile back here.

http://www.tranceaddict.com/forums/...72&forumid=8&s=

The Innocence Lost Podcast every 1st Saturday of the Month at 6:00 PM Eastern on LazerFM
quote:
Originally posted by ucforange
EDM sucks ass but gimme the crowd that goes to LIV or Mansion for Afrojack

Old Post Jul-20-2014 03:52  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for PaULiN0 Click here to Send PaULiN0 a Private Message Add PaULiN0 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
clay
Supreme tranceaddict

if its anything close to 1210 then fine by me.
i think ill buy one to compare. mostly im interesting in the torq force. others than 1210 have been sucking big time (stanton, numark). unpluggable rca and power is a HUGE upgrade from 1210 imo. the big question is maybe: is it plastic?

Old Post Jul-20-2014 08:35 
Click Here to See the Profile for clay Click here to Send clay a Private Message Add clay to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
chris1011
Beep-Beep-Beep

Well, according to internet specs, a 1210 weighs approximately 26.4 pounds and this new PLX-1000 weighs 28.88 pounds. So I guess that rules out any plastic inside the Pioneer?

Click here for recent sets and compilations

Old Post Jul-20-2014 15:17  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for chris1011 Click here to Send chris1011 a Private Message Add chris1011 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
clay
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by chris1011
Well, according to internet specs, a 1210 weighs approximately 26.4 pounds and this new PLX-1000 weighs 28.88 pounds. So I guess that rules out any plastic inside the Pioneer?

weight is always good measurement yes. hope i can see it in some local shops soon to get a feeling. i did dream last night though that my entire dj setup was stolen. didnt like that.

Old Post Jul-21-2014 14:07 
Click Here to See the Profile for clay Click here to Send clay a Private Message Add clay to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
PaULiN0
Supreme tranceaddict

I guess the usb hype was bs.

The Innocence Lost Podcast every 1st Saturday of the Month at 6:00 PM Eastern on LazerFM
quote:

Old Post Jul-21-2014 20:29  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for PaULiN0 Click here to Send PaULiN0 a Private Message Add PaULiN0 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
clay
Supreme tranceaddict

usb does not make sense on a turntable imo.

Old Post Jul-21-2014 20:47 
PaULiN0
Supreme tranceaddict

If you read in the first article the main hype was that you can integrate it with record box.

quote:

Old Post Jul-21-2014 20:55  United States
clay
Supreme tranceaddict

to be able to do what?

Old Post Jul-21-2014 21:08 
PaULiN0
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by clay
to be able to do what?

What else, time code control

quote:

Old Post Jul-21-2014 21:20  United States
clay
Supreme tranceaddict

to play mp3? i dont see the point using a turntable for that.

Old Post Jul-21-2014 22:48 
PaULiN0
Supreme tranceaddict

Well a usb option would eliminate the use of an interface like (A/6/10 or SL 3/4 if there was one already built in the turntable. Shorter signal path and less cables. Plus the option of using your own RCA's and your own power cord is a plus.

quote:

Old Post Jul-21-2014 22:55  United States

tranceaddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth > New Pioneer PLX-1000 Turntable
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (4): [1] 2 3 4 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread