Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
tranceaddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > Noise Complaints
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
chris1011
Beep-Beep-Beep

Noise Complaints

I just received my first one after living in the same apartment unit for FOUR years. I was gonna move out this summer anyways and find a roommate because my rent is becoming unpayable, but man, I hate people sometimes.

I didn't even have my Paradigm loudspeakers on, the complaint was from my computer speakers. I don't even understand. Well I guess I kinda do, it was probably the low frequencies from my sub. But why now? The dude beside me moved in like a year ago and I've had my speakers and sub on constantly since then. I've also had many gatherings/pre-parties before then. During the afternoon, nighttime, sometimes for lengthy periods of time, and I didn't receive one then. Why now for such a small loudness issue? It was at a normal listening volume. Ugh. Or am I just a bad person playing my music too loud.

What are your stories re: noise complaints? I wanna read interesting stuff before Game of Thrones starts in t-minus 1.5 hours.

Old Post Apr-01-2012 23:32  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for chris1011 Click here to Send chris1011 a Private Message Add chris1011 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Sphere City
Junior tranceaddict

sometimes when im wanking i let the cum leak all over myself then sit there and stare out my window at the blue sky and clouds, i start to think to myself what a beautiful world we live in

Old Post Apr-01-2012 23:40  Bhutan
Click Here to See the Profile for Sphere City Click here to Send Sphere City a Private Message Add Sphere City to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
chris1011
Beep-Beep-Beep

Old Post Apr-01-2012 23:43  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for chris1011 Click here to Send chris1011 a Private Message Add chris1011 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
MSZ
such artist

i dont have any sound advice here. im probably pissing off my neighbours a lot, but im trying to use my cans more. if you can meet him in the hall or something, try to have a chat about it, and ask politely if you're being to loud if so when. hopefully they're not the passive type. my neighbours are pretty cool i guess.

Old Post Apr-02-2012 00:24  Poland
Click Here to See the Profile for MSZ Click here to Send MSZ a Private Message Add MSZ to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
LAdazeNYnights
Crossing Swords

I posted a similar thread about 2 months ago, or maybe I just posted it in a thread. I, too, had my first noise complaint. I'd been really careful with the noise since moving in. For about 2 months, though, the apartment adjacent to mine was empty. There's one on the other side, but it isn't directly bordering me, I think, or not in the same way. Anyway, I had been a bit louder for some time. I didn't even know people moved in next door until I got a noise complaint. They complained on the first night they moved in. Multiple times, apparently. That was kind of shitty, because the guy who lived next door to me before sort of had an understanding with me -- anytime I was too loud he'd come let me know and I'd turn it off.

Since that first complaint, I've gotten 2 more. Both, fortunately, were the type where the place sends a security guard to check it out instead of just emailing me crudely the next morning. Both times the security guard knocked after standing outside for 10 minutes to tell me 'listen i got a noise complaint...but i don't hear anything. sorry to bother you.'

as you hypothesized, it was the bass for me too. They must've just been hearing the lows somehow. I feel bad but...why shouldn't I be able to play music loud enough so that I can hear it through my whole apartment? I have the bass on my speakers turned literally all the way down, but there's still some. fuck it.

Old Post Apr-02-2012 05:19  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for LAdazeNYnights Click here to Send LAdazeNYnights a Private Message Add LAdazeNYnights to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Sykonee
Supreme EMCritic

Unless you live in concrete building or put sound padding all over your apartment, you're gonna be dealing with noise leakage no matter what. My old apartment, it didn't matter because it was right at a busy intersection so there was noise all the time (still, some folks complained when an emo-singin' drummer in my building would jam for a bit).

My current place is the complete opposite - the only outside noise comes from the occasional low-flying plane in the middle of the night. Within the first week I realized the bass from my decade-old stereo system was encroaching on all my neighbours, some of which are 50+. No choice but to go the headphones route whenever I want to enjoy music or movies at full volume.

(~)

Old Post Apr-02-2012 05:31  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Sykonee Click here to Send Sykonee a Private Message Visit Sykonee's homepage! Add Sykonee to your buddy list Sykonee is online now Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
narcism
faithless fangirl

Pro-tip, apartments are shit.

Old Post Apr-02-2012 07:40  Malta
Click Here to See the Profile for narcism Click here to Send narcism a Private Message Visit narcism's homepage! Add narcism to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Sushipunk
Flickering, I roam

quote:
Originally posted by narcism
Pro-tip, apartments are shit.

> S u s h i p u n k . P h o t o g r a p h y <

Old Post Apr-02-2012 08:42  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for Sushipunk Click here to Send Sushipunk a Private Message Visit Sushipunk's homepage! Add Sushipunk to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
aquila
Ringing

quote:
Originally posted by narcism
apartments are shit.

Old Post Apr-02-2012 10:48 
Click Here to See the Profile for aquila Click here to Send aquila a Private Message Visit aquila's homepage! Add aquila to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
OrangestO
Supreme tranceaddict

If you get to know you're neighbors, you can avoid it.

Unless they're bitches and call the cops/landlord instead of knocking on your door.

I remember in the military I passed out drunk with my system on max multiple times in the barracks and they finally confiscated it for a month. I didn't learn my lesson.

Good times.

Old Post Apr-02-2012 16:15 
Click Here to See the Profile for OrangestO Click here to Send OrangestO a Private Message Add OrangestO to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
chris1011
Beep-Beep-Beep

Apartments are the suck idd.

I just feel really angry how he didn't come and knock on my door so we could deal with it like adults. I mean I'm a pretty nice guy who will take other people's considerations into account and not be a total asshole.

I just hate people who go over my head and report to the "authorities" instantly. I guess that's kind of normal for people to do however, since they don't like confrontations. So it's up to me to go knock on his door and solve this amicably, but I feel he might not even want to do it that way, since he already tried to solve it by going to the "powers that be".

Bleh.

Old Post Apr-02-2012 16:51  Canada
PivotTechno
senseless

Confront him anyway - better just one passive-aggressive person than two.

WestsideWax Soundcloud

WestsideWax Mixcloud

New! WestsideWax Archives

Old Post Apr-02-2012 17:26 
Click Here to See the Profile for PivotTechno Click here to Send PivotTechno a Private Message Add PivotTechno to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

tranceaddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > Noise Complaints
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (4): [1] 2 3 4 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread