Become a part of the TranceAddict community! Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
tranceaddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > For Rent: For your event / party: Blinker Wall v3.0 - Custom built, portable, LED light-wall
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
VETEZE
Junior tranceaddict

For Rent: For your event / party: Blinker Wall v3.0 - Custom built, portable, LED light-wall

Hey guys,

I'm trying to get these rented out a little bit more this summer. Sorry if this is the wrong forum for this. These are only available in Toronto and the surrounding area.

The latest and greatest Blinker Boxes were finished a couple weeks ago and I gave them a full weekend long test run at my annual "Summer Camp" party a couple weeks ago and they were installed at a second party on Canada Day.

In total there are 8 modular boxes consisting of 36 lights / box. They can be configured any number of ways. Each box is 43" (just over 3.5 feet) squared and 7" deep. They are very solid custom constructed in 1/2" plywood. They're interconnected with RJ45 (ethernet) cables which can be run up to 40 feet apart. They also have quick disconnects for power. The simplest way to configure them is to set them up end to end mounted on a wall like a picture or on stands. These new boxes are all sealed. There are no dangling cables. The "pixel density" is 7" square.

They're controlled through a piece of custom software that will run on any windows computer that has a USB output on it. This year we've added 4 new colour palettes into the mix as well as a couple new effects. The software has come a long way and the effects on the current build of the wall are stunning. You will not be disappointed with these lights. They produce a TON of light. The brightness level can be controlled in the software.

Rental rates are per installation and include delivery, setup, takedown and installation of the control software on any Windows (or OSX running parallels) PC. Multi-day events carry an additional charge.

The whole kit is $600/night (for 8 boxes) or $100/box/night (minimum 2 boxes). If the budget for your event is limited then get in touch with me to discuss possible options.

The assumption is that you or another tech will run the lights during your event. The software can be mastered in about 15 minutes. To have a lighting tech stay and run the software for you during your event is $200 for the first 5 hours and $40/hour thereafter.

Video of software running and lights @ most recent installation:

Close up video @ most recent installation:

Photos:

Most recent installation:

Previous installation. 4 boxes shown here. 2 mounted in a custom stand:

2 boxes here. 8 feet apart.

Last edited by VETEZE on Jul-06-2012 at 16:13

Old Post Jul-06-2012 14:52 
Click Here to See the Profile for VETEZE Click here to Send VETEZE a Private Message Visit VETEZE's homepage! Add VETEZE to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Swamper
Webmonstah

Cool.

"In a world of illusion you only see what you feel"

Old Post Jul-06-2012 14:59  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Swamper Click here to Send Swamper a Private Message Visit Swamper's homepage! Add Swamper to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
VETEZE
Junior tranceaddict

Definitely watch the two videos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JsapGV2Bu6I

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xn79FGga0cM

I guess it's not possible to embed youtube clips on here?

Old Post Jul-06-2012 15:05 
Click Here to See the Profile for VETEZE Click here to Send VETEZE a Private Message Visit VETEZE's homepage! Add VETEZE to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Swamper
Webmonstah

huh? it's very possible - paste the embed code

"In a world of illusion you only see what you feel"

Old Post Jul-06-2012 15:18  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Swamper Click here to Send Swamper a Private Message Visit Swamper's homepage! Add Swamper to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
GGM
Supreme houseaddict

Pretty sweet, goodluck in renting them out. Price doesn't sound too bad at all.

Old Post Jul-06-2012 16:06  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for GGM Click here to Send GGM a Private Message Add GGM to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
VETEZE
Junior tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Swamper
huh? it's very possible - paste the embed code

sometimes the answer is the simplest one...

Old Post Jul-06-2012 16:15 
chris1011
Beep-Beep-Beep

Great stuff man, good to see some quality light rentals in Toronto starting up. Pretty decent price too

Click here for recent sets and compilations

Old Post Jul-06-2012 16:29  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for chris1011 Click here to Send chris1011 a Private Message Add chris1011 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Magnetonium
Dubstep = Douchestep

I am interested in buying one of these. I am a mobile DJ with a lot of gear, and this is one concept that I am missing from my setup. Just could never find a company or a product that is reputable enough to get.

Whenever you go and buy something, you are affecting someone somewhere, be it environment, a person, or a community - you're making a statement with what you buy. So make it a smart choice ... Its a big picture

Old Post Jul-08-2012 09:01  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Magnetonium Click here to Send Magnetonium a Private Message Visit Magnetonium's homepage! Add Magnetonium to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
VETEZE
Junior tranceaddict

pm sent.

quote:
Originally posted by Magnetonium
I am interested in buying one of these. I am a mobile DJ with a lot of gear, and this is one concept that I am missing from my setup. Just could never find a company or a product that is reputable enough to get.

Old Post Jul-09-2012 20:21 
tranceOzone
Junior tranceaddict

this looks fkn awesome. wish i had the event to do this. cause i would. yeah.

Old Post Jul-11-2012 07:56  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for tranceOzone Click here to Send tranceOzone a Private Message Add tranceOzone to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
-g-
Supreme tranceaddict

it really did look great at our Bounce by the Lake jam on Canada Day!

Old Post Jul-14-2012 22:50  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for -g- Click here to Send -g- a Private Message Visit -g-'s homepage! Add -g- to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

tranceaddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > For Rent: For your event / party: Blinker Wall v3.0 - Custom built, portable, LED light-wall
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread