Become a part of the TranceAddict community! Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
tranceaddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > Production Studio > pc specs help
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Greeny1210
Senior tranceaddict

pc specs help

Just started playing with reason etc for last couple of weeks on my old mesh pc (amd athlon 64x2 dual core, 2gb ram, creative sound blaster audigy 2 zs soundcard, and creative labs inspire speakers) Probably all obsolete etc now but cost me a small fortune 6 years ago

anyway long story short after 4 weeks using it perfectly with reason after it being standing for best part of 2 years gathering dust, today I go to switch it on and it wont load up and get the dreaded ''disk boot failure, please insert system disc'' go through all this change sata ports, change sata cable, even try 2 other hard drives but not even recognized in bios (only other thing I can think of is either the sata power cable is dead got one of those from shop but replacing that is way beyond me as it plugs straight into the power bit with about 30 other colored wires.

so now I am wondering if its going to be worth getting whatever it needs fixing or just buy a new machine, on a very tight budget as out of work at moment unfortunately
what your opinions guys ? what sort of money am I looking at repair wise and what sort of specs do I need in a machine if I get a new one (it will be as cheap as possible) how much are sound cards these days or could I just use my old one

main use will be learner music production stuff on reason etc and maybe will try some dj software seeing as everyone is banging on about it and Im still here with 5000 odd records.

cheers

Hypnotic Dreams - Classic Prog Trance mix
Eternal Sound - Progressive Trance mix
One for the Underground - Dark Progressive mix

Old Post Jun-10-2012 01:01  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for Greeny1210 Click here to Send Greeny1210 a Private Message Visit Greeny1210's homepage! Add Greeny1210 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
itsamemario
Italian Plumber

Go for top of the line models 2010-2011. at least for cpu and mobo. and yah like stabilty > performance. and yeah that soundcard will do you absolutely no good.

Old Post Jun-10-2012 02:11 
Click Here to See the Profile for itsamemario Click Here to Email itsamemario Click here to Send itsamemario a Private Message Visit itsamemario's homepage! Add itsamemario to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Greeny1210
Senior tranceaddict

Is my sound card crap then ? I thought sound blaster were good, spent about 1k on the pc new in 2006

what would something like this be like for basic stuff http://www.ebuyer.com/362648-zoosto...op-pc-7873-1058

I know its not ideal but on a mega budget, what would I need to add other than operating system ?

as you can tell I am useless with computers

Hypnotic Dreams - Classic Prog Trance mix
Eternal Sound - Progressive Trance mix
One for the Underground - Dark Progressive mix

Old Post Jun-10-2012 13:21  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for Greeny1210 Click here to Send Greeny1210 a Private Message Visit Greeny1210's homepage! Add Greeny1210 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
stewart.m
Supreme tranceaddict

im unimployed at the moment to and i was able to make my own home build pc for around 350 in english pounds and it works really well.

just find your local pc stockist and buy things when you can and lookout for motherbord and cpu bundles its much cheaper

Old Post Jun-11-2012 21:35  England
Click Here to See the Profile for stewart.m Click here to Send stewart.m a Private Message Add stewart.m to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

tranceaddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > Production Studio > pc specs help
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread