Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
tranceaddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > What kind of segments do you like to hear on radio shows?
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 4 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
MrCanada
Supreme tranceaddict

What kind of segments do you like to hear on radio shows?

Hi everyone my name is John, on air I go by the name Mr Canada. I am a dj & radio host on College radio in Toronto.

My show is called World Series: Canada, & it airs every Wednesday at 1am on Fusion Radio. We play Canadian music new & old, from all genres. We also feature interviews with Canadian music makers, music industry professionals, & music fans.

I always like to hear the opinions of Canadian music fans, so I made this thread to get some opinions.

What kind of segments do you like to hear on radio shows?, & What do you think is a good length for the segments, in order to keep the Canadian music fans interested in them? Feel free to make suggestions.

Old Post May-03-2012 19:25 
Click Here to See the Profile for MrCanada Click here to Send MrCanada a Private Message Add MrCanada to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
The Ear
Built for debauchery

Crank calls made by Canadians to other Canadians.

All the time.

Old Post May-03-2012 19:38  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for The Ear Click here to Send The Ear a Private Message Add The Ear to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
MrCanada
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by The Ear
Crank calls made by Canadians to other Canadians.

All the time.

I think that would be illegal to do, & most crank calls on air are staged.

So you like comedy segments on radio shows?

Old Post May-03-2012 19:43 
Click Here to See the Profile for MrCanada Click here to Send MrCanada a Private Message Add MrCanada to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
LightsOut
Antagonist

I think it would be awesome if you could get BMAC on your show. He's been doing some really cutting edge stuff lately. I know he's really popular around here, so you'd certainly get a ton of listeners. Check this new track out, if you could do a mashup with avicci - levels, it would be EPIC, bro.

• Ambivalent - R U OK (Kasper is OK Mix)
  • Do Santos - Menina
  • Heartthrob - Baby Kate (Magda's "Where Is My Baby's Daddy" Mix)
  • Danton Eeprom - To The Bone (Jamie Jones Deep Sea Dub Mix)
  • Matt Nordstrom - Lucky Drawls (Mark Brooms No Rave Stab Mix)

Last edited by LightsOut on May-03-2012 at 20:35

Old Post May-03-2012 20:15  Germany
Click Here to See the Profile for LightsOut Click here to Send LightsOut a Private Message Add LightsOut to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
The Ear
Built for debauchery

I changed my mind.

Now I want to hear 20 minute segments of farts interspersed with 5 minutes of pigs squealing.

Old Post May-03-2012 20:22  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for The Ear Click here to Send The Ear a Private Message Add The Ear to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
LightsOut
Antagonist

also...

• Do Santos - Menina

Old Post May-03-2012 20:26  Germany
Click Here to See the Profile for LightsOut Click here to Send LightsOut a Private Message Add LightsOut to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
The Ear
Built for debauchery

Old Post May-03-2012 20:30  Canada
MrCanada
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by LightsOut
I think it would be awesome if you could get BMAC on your show. He's been doing some really cutting edge stuff lately. I know he's really popular around here, so you'd certainly get a ton of listeners.

Brian Mcknight is not Canadian, so he wouldn't be played on my show. I however do play Canadian RnB music.

Old Post May-03-2012 20:34 
The Ear
Built for debauchery

You could play sounds of people farting in tiger suits to really bring it all together too.

Old Post May-03-2012 20:36  Canada
LightsOut
Antagonist

quote:
You could play sounds of people farting in tiger suits to really bring it all together too.

+1

• Do Santos - Menina

Old Post May-03-2012 20:37  Germany
MrCanada
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
I changed my mind.

Now I want to hear 20 minute segments of farts interspersed with 5 minutes of pigs squealing.

You can change your mind all you want, I am just asking for suggestions on things you like on radio. So if your idea of good radio is pigs squealing & farts that is totally on you.

If you are not going to be serious, please don't reply.

Old Post May-03-2012 20:37 
LightsOut
Antagonist

How can you be so quick to dismiss the idea? Don't knock it till you try it. Are you sure you aren't American?

• Do Santos - Menina

Old Post May-03-2012 20:40  Germany

tranceaddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > What kind of segments do you like to hear on radio shows?
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (5): [1] 2 3 4 5 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread