|
| quote: | Originally posted by Big Worm
@desiderata
Ah, ok, I see...
I'm guessing your original federal loan for school was through Sallie Mae, yes? Because Sallie Mae does do federal as well as private loans (unfortunately, I have both kinds with them).
Here is a list of other lenders that you could try and pursue a private loan through:
http://www.finaid.org/loans/privatestudentloans.phtml
With the private lender list, loans are available, albeit with a much higher interest rate.
Now, I don't know how deep of a hole you're in with regards to your loan default, but if you start taking steps to repay the people that now hold your original Sallie Mae loan, I'm pretty sure that you can position yourself to become eligible for further financial assistance.
Not to try and give you too much advice, but I would also contact Sallie Mae and explain your situation, let them know that you messed up early on, but are now in a different place in your life now, and see what they might suggest with regards to moving this whole process forward.
Just remember, you are not the only person who has ever done this, and it can be overcome. |
I'm only owe them $2,500 USD so maybe they will make an exception with me. Thanks for the information!
___________________
But the subsequent collision of fools...
Well versed in the subtle art of slavery.
|