Become a part of the TranceAddict community! Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Promotion > Jack Moss - Falling Leaves [Deep & Melodic]
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

Jack Moss - Falling Leaves [Deep & Melodic]

It took me so long to get this mix right I started to worry that autumn would be over before I figured it out. Now it's finally done and I think it's one of the nicest mixes I've made in a long time. Essentially a sequel to last year's Autumn Drive but with more of a dreamy Lee Burridge vibe in places. Hope you enjoy!

01. Pole Folder A Glimpse Into The Past [Proton]
02. Lost Desert - Ipanema [Shanti Radio Moscow]
03. Volen Sentir Straler [Shanti Radio Moscow]
04. Volen Sentir Vdol Po Rechenke [Shanti Radio Moscow]
05. Matthias Meyer LA Strings [Watergate]
06. The Real Xperience - El Ritmo [Balkan Connection]
07. Ezequiel Arias - Passenger [Sudbeat]
08. Hot TuneiK - Memories (Lanvary Remix) [Proton]
09. Blood Groove & Kikis - Logica [Ghost Digital]
10. Dmitry Molosh - The Fall (Framewerk Remix) [Afterglow]
11. Joseph Ashworth - Falling [Get Weird]
12. Still Going - On & On [DFA]
13. Ziger Feat Stephano Prunebelli - Living In My Head (Luke Porter Remix) [Temporum]
14. Pysh - Starkiller (Kostya Outta Remix) [Bonzai Progressive]
15. Nhar - Blue Flame [Crossfrontier Audio]

> Falling Leaves [Deep & Melodic]
> All Night Long: 2018 [Open To Close Set]
> Welcome To the Future [Driving Progressive]

Old Post Nov-05-2018 22:37  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Mr Game+Watch
Luka Luka * Night Fever

Took a listen, but will need a few more before it sinks in... Love the track playing at 1h04m!

Deep, Tech House Mix - 2016

Sunday Deep House Mix - 2016 *NEW*
8 Hour Marathon Mix
All My Mixes!

Old Post Nov-07-2018 01:57  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Mr Game+Watch Click here to Send Mr Game+Watch a Private Message Visit Mr Game+Watch's homepage! Add Mr Game+Watch to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

quote:
Originally posted by Mr Game+Watch
Took a listen, but will need a few more before it sinks in... Love the track playing at 1h04m!

That's the Still Going track, released on DFA. Naturally, you zoom in on the most disco-y tune on the whole mix!

This has been getting some good feedback away from TA. Hopefully a few people here will pick it up at some point.

Old Post Nov-10-2018 16:53  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list SYSTEM-J is online now Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
djdk
Nutritional Overachiever

I moved out of London in the summer, out to the country and last Sunday morning I went for my first run in the forest just down the road from my house. I took this with me and it couldnt have been a more perfect accompanyment. I only intended on being out for half an hour or so but I was enhoying this so much I kept taking turns that I knew would extend the course and ended up running for an hour!

I will be taking it with me on more runs and will hopefully give you some more detailed feedback.

Top work mate

Dave King - Tales Of The Future [Trance]
Dave King - Personal Classics
MIX ARCHIVE!!!

Old Post Nov-26-2018 18:23  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for djdk Click here to Send djdk a Private Message Visit djdk's homepage! Add djdk to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

I think running through an autumnal forest is pretty much the ideal listening context for this set.

Didn't realised you'd moved though, Dave. Where are you living now? I was in London last weekend and almost dropped you a line. Sounds like it would have been a fruitless endeavour.

Old Post Nov-26-2018 22:15  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list SYSTEM-J is online now Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Midlothian
Supreme tranceaddict

It's not my place to do a critical review of this, but let's say I'm not disappointed - I grabbed some of your previous mixes as well and was having high expectations because of them (are they not asking you to guest mix on Transition or something like that?).

As far as I'm humbly concerned it's consistently good and pleasant. Quite like Dave King is pointing out, in fact: it's difficult to not keep listening until the very end. Except I wasn't running to it.

It's a keeper.

Old Post Nov-28-2018 17:22  Netherlands
Click Here to See the Profile for Midlothian Click here to Send Midlothian a Private Message Add Midlothian to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
ziptnf
Programming your future

I listened to this (half yesterday and half today) and it was really nice. Very well put together. I like how you quite clearly picked up the pace around the 45 minute mark, but never really lost track of the whole "autumn" theme. Stayed nice and smooth the whole time. Well done!

Set Archive | TA DJ Challenge

Old Post Nov-29-2018 21:21 
Click Here to See the Profile for ziptnf Click here to Send ziptnf a Private Message Visit ziptnf's homepage! Add ziptnf to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

Sorry, forgot to reply to this. Cheers Nick - I had the first five tracks as a definite intro, but for ages I wasn't sure whether to stay really dreamy and deep or pick it up. In the end I decided to go up and then back down, which I reckon works pretty well in this kind of set.

Old Post Dec-08-2018 12:12  England
djdk
Nutritional Overachiever

quote:
Originally posted by SYSTEM-J
Didn't realised you'd moved though, Dave. Where are you living now? I was in London last weekend and almost dropped you a line. Sounds like it would have been a fruitless endeavour.

I just came in here to pillage some tunes and saw that I never replied to this, how rude.

Living in Hampshire now, little place called Alton which is sort of between Basingstoke and Winchester. I am still working in London though so up there alot, do feel free to give me a shout if your in town!

Dave King - Tales Of The Future [Trance]
Dave King - Personal Classics
MIX ARCHIVE!!!

Old Post Jan-08-2019 21:07  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for djdk Click here to Send djdk a Private Message Visit djdk's homepage! Add djdk to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
JonDC
Supreme tranceaddict

Very strong mix - it was quite nice to hear a very traditional set with a consistent theme, which lasts a sensible amount of time. Now that we aren't confined to 80 minute CDs most people (myself included) are putting really long sets up - which is great but I think on reflection, 80 minutes is probably a sensible shift for the average listener

I loved the twinkly intro to this which set the scene perfectly, and the music just built marvellously up to what has to be my track of the year for 2018 - .olen Sentir Vdol Po Rechenke. I can't get over how good this tune is. I was also impressed that you added such a big, bold track in so early on - this is a fairly chilled set so I typically I'd expect the first half to be fairly tracky, but you threw this one in doors, and it didn't compromise the flow at all.

Some great tunes follow with brilliant basslines. I loved the below sequence, which for me is really trancey

07. Ezequiel Arias - Passenger [Sudbeat]
08. Hot TuneiK - Memories (Lanvary Remix) [Proton]
09. Blood Groove & Kikis - Logica [Ghost Digital]

the only comment I would have is that the next - The Fall - brings things down a little too much for me. I absolutely adore that tune, and it's probably a bit of a bias from my experience of playing it a lot - but I always use it early doors to set the scene, where as you've got it as a bit of a climax here and I'm not convinces that's the best way to use it

Some more housey tunes follow with plenty of melody - enjoyed that, and then building up to one of my all time favourite vocals with 'Living in My Head'. I've never heard this mix before but (as I love the original) - it's not as good but it's a much better fit for the set and still superb

Altogether, a jolly good show. Bravo (and sorry it took me an age)

Old Post Jan-13-2019 18:44  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for JonDC Click here to Send JonDC a Private Message Add JonDC to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

Cheers mate. It's funny, I don't really think of Vdol Po Rechenke as a "big" tune as such. It's certainly lush and emotive, but for me it's laid back, very much a warm-up tune.

As for The Fall, I deliberately played it to bring the set back down to earth. I wanted this to be a very flow-y set with an emphasis on more lush, mellow moments rather than just doing another prog-fest. Maybe playing it straight after Logica slams the brakes on too quickly, but I like how it works. Overall I think the 80 minute mix is best for a "listening" set rather one built on club logic, and I like doing these ones with a leisurely intro and a scenic path through the tunes.

Old Post Jan-14-2019 21:08  England

TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Promotion > Jack Moss - Falling Leaves [Deep & Melodic]
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread