Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > TOTA Golf Talk
Pages (22): « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
jchung52
Supreme tranceaddict

so daly isnt done golf.. just for 2 weeks. hes playing at pebble lol

Old Post Feb-06-2010 19:36  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for jchung52 Click here to Send jchung52 a Private Message Add jchung52 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
jchung52
Supreme tranceaddict

Jesper Parnevik has broken vertebrae... golf career may be finished.

quote:
STOCKHOLM (AP) -- Jesper Parnevik said Wednesday he will likely have to quit golf because of a broken vertebrae in his lower back. Parnevik, a five-time winner on the PGA TOUR, told Swedish tabloid Aftonbladet that doctors said he needs to have joint fusion surgery, "which means I can't play anymore." The paper reported Wednesday that Parnevik had emergency back surgery on Monday that would keep him from playing for at least a month. The 44-year-old Swedish golfer said a more advanced operation that could risk his career "seems inevitable." RELATED Parnevik's player page Parnevik's stats Parnevik's results Parnevik finished second in the 1994 British Open and is considered one of Sweden's greatest golfers. He had surgery on his right hip last year and did not play a tournament until q-school in December, when he withdrew before the six rounds were over because he wasn't ready. Back problems forced Parnevik to withdraw from the Northern Trust Open in Los Angeles last week. He will visit a physiotherapist in Detroit next week in a last-ditch attempt to prolong his career, Aftonbladet said. "I'll have to hope for a miracle if there's going to be any more competitive golf," said Parnevik, who made headlines by expressing outrage when allegations of Tiger Woods' extramarital affairs were revealed in December. Parnevik once employed Woods' Swedish wife, Elin, as a nanny and was responsible for introducing them. He told Aftonbladet at the time that he had lost all respect for golf's No. 1 player as a man and a father, and regretted introducing the couple.

source

Old Post Feb-10-2010 15:16  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for jchung52 Click here to Send jchung52 a Private Message Add jchung52 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
ChemEnhanced
ƒ¶ƒåƒÓƒÛƒnƒéƒßƒåƒnƒÚƒÕƒÞƒ

quote:
Tiger Woods to make statement on Friday at TPC Sawgrasstext size Feb. 17, 2010
By PGATOUR.COM staff
PONTE VEDRA BEACH, Fla. -- Tiger Woods will make a statement Friday at 11 a.m. ET from the PGA TOUR's headquarters. PGATOUR.COM will stream the statement live.

Press info
Members of the media interested in more information concerning Friday's event, please click here.

It's the first public appearance by Woods since he decided to take an indefinite leave of absence in December.

According to Woods' agent Mark Steinberg, the world's No. 1 golfer plans to "discuss his past and his future and he intends to apologize for his behavior."

Woods will be speaking to "friends, associates and colleagues" at the TPC Sawgrass clubhouse, according to Steinberg.

PGA TOUR Commissioner Tim Finchem said Wednesday, "I'm pleased that he's going to make some comments and do what the statement says he's going to do, so that's good news.

Finchem, speaking from the press room at the World Golf Championships-Accenture Match Play Championship, said he will be in attendance when Woods reads his statement.

"I don't know what his plans are in terms of what he's going to say," the commissioner said. "I don't know what he's going to do after he finishes his rehab."

Players participating at the Accenture Match Play Championship were asked about the impending Woods statement.

"It's encouraging that he's coming back to at least be seen by the public and the rest of us, too," Stewart Cink said. "I consider myself the public when we're talking about this matter. So it's good that we're going to see Tiger Woods. ...

"I think this is maybe the beginning of the comeback process for him."

Added Sergio Garcia: "I guess everybody is going to get their answers."

"He's got to come out at some point," said Rory McIlroy. "I mean, it's just went on for so long."

I can't wait to see what Tiger has to say. I really wish he would take questions from the media.

Last edited by Moral Hazard on Apr-26-2011 at 07:48

Old Post Feb-18-2010 17:06  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for ChemEnhanced Click here to Send ChemEnhanced a Private Message Add ChemEnhanced to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Jay Leno
Supreme tranceaddict

What time is the press conference today?

Heard on the radio this morning that Vegas is giving 7/4 odds that he will be there with his wife. LOL

Old Post Feb-19-2010 14:53  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Jay Leno Click here to Send Jay Leno a Private Message Add Jay Leno to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
ChemEnhanced

quote:
Originally posted by Jay Leno
What time is the press conference today?

Heard on the radio this morning that Vegas is giving 7/4 odds that he will be there with his wife. LOL

11:00 am

There are also odds on whether he will cry or not.

Old Post Feb-19-2010 15:12  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for ChemEnhanced Click here to Send ChemEnhanced a Private Message Add ChemEnhanced to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
jchung52
Supreme tranceaddict

27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" id="ep">

Old Post Feb-19-2010 19:01  Canada
Jay Leno
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Tiger hires ex-Bush aide to manage comeback

Cathal Kelly
Staff Reporter

Tiger Woods has turned to former George W. Bush press secretary Ari Fleischer to advise him on how to handle the media spotlight as he prepares to reengage the wider world.

Rumours are flying that Woods will be back in competition within the next two weeks. Friend and pro-golfer Mark O’Meara floated the idea to the Golf Channel that Woods might play in the made-for-TV Tavistock Open on March 22-23rd.

However, the New York Post is reporting that Woods is more likely to play in the Arnold Palmer Invitation in Orlando beginning Thursday, March 25th.

In the same report, the Post says Woods has engaged the services of Fleischer to help him deal with what promises to be a baying press pack.

Fleischer runs a boutique crisis PR firm catering specifically to pro athletes. He helped slugger Mark McGwire negotiate his admission that he’d used steroids. Most thought McGwire emerged relatively intact.

Source

Nice to see he will be back for the Master's!

Old Post Mar-11-2010 19:23  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Jay Leno Click here to Send Jay Leno a Private Message Add Jay Leno to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
ChemEnhanced

quote:
Originally posted by Jay Leno
Source

Nice to see he will be back for the Master's!

Not that surprising......all hell would break loose if he missed the masters.

On another note, anyone see the Being John Daly show on The Golf Channel. You can't help but feel for the guy.

Old Post Mar-11-2010 19:27  Canada
jchung52
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by ChemEnhanced
Not that surprising......all hell would break loose if he missed the masters.

On another note, anyone see the Being John Daly show on The Golf Channel. You can't help but feel for the guy.

Great show. Very insightful that's for sure

Old Post Mar-11-2010 19:36  Canada
ChemEnhanced

Good to see that Daly made the weekend play and will bring home a pay cheque. He is tied for 30th right now.

Els looked awesome all weekend and I'm glad he won. As always, weir was all over the place with up and down rounds.

Old Post Mar-15-2010 17:45  Canada
ChemEnhanced

Tiger confirms he will return to golf at the Masters. Personally, I think he should return before that....the masters isn't the place to make his return. The circus that will follow Tiger will not only be a distraction to him but to the other golfers. I don't think its fair to him or the other golfers for them to initially deal with this at the first major of the year.

Old Post Mar-16-2010 15:22  Canada
Jay Leno
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by ChemEnhanced
Tiger confirms he will return to golf at the Masters. Personally, I think he should return before that....the masters isn't the place to make his return. The circus that will follow Tiger will not only be a distraction to him but to the other golfers. I don't think its fair to him or the other golfers for them to initially deal with this at the first major of the year.

Regardless if he returns a week/few weeks before, or at the Masters, the circus that will surround Tiger at Augusta is going to be unreal and very unfair. This might be a blessing in disguise for the other golfers though, as Tiger's mind will surely not be focused solely on golf.

Tiger winning the Masters = biggest headline of his career?

Old Post Mar-16-2010 15:35  Canada

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > TOTA Golf Talk
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (22): « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackPvD @ Evosonic 1997 [2004] [0]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackVince Rellman - "Untitled" (Omkara Techichi Remix) [2003]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread