Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > Friday 158 - Cinco De Mayo & Playoffs!
Pages (5): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Lira
Ancient BassAddict

quote:
Originally posted by Singularity55
Absolutely epic moment from the night I was at last night. I found someone who was at the very pinnacle of the vibe of the club.

Been there, done that

Sometimes you want some kick-ass background music and you need to catch up with your reading, so it's a win-win, really. Now here's something I've never done:

Gotta give it to Marchand, that's a very good way to see if the other players are salty

Last edited by Lira on May-05-2018 at 03:34

Old Post May-05-2018 01:48  Brazil
Click Here to See the Profile for Lira Click here to Send Lira a Private Message Visit Lira's homepage! Add Lira to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Sushipunk
Flickering, I roam

quote:
Originally posted by Zoso
Currently having a Stella. Is this moar acceptables?

Considerably more acceptable, yes.

Just doing some catching up around here. Man, so sorry to hear about your wife. That's intense. Excellent that she's responding to the treatment though. You guys stay strong and beat that mofo.

Old Post May-05-2018 02:23  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for Sushipunk Click here to Send Sushipunk a Private Message Visit Sushipunk's homepage! Add Sushipunk to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Lira
Ancient BassAddict

Speaking of catching up with your reading, were the 30 books any good?

Old Post May-05-2018 04:51  Brazil
Click Here to See the Profile for Lira Click here to Send Lira a Private Message Visit Lira's homepage! Add Lira to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Zoso
Banging Gangs!

quote:
Originally posted by Sushipunk
Considerably more acceptable, yes.

Just doing some catching up around here. Man, so sorry to hear about your wife. That's intense. Excellent that she's responding to the treatment though. You guys stay strong and beat that mofo.

Thank you, Stu. We're doing our best to approach it from the "it's still first world" in the sense that it's 1.) treatable; 2.) we live in a time and place with the technology and resources for 1; 3.) we, personally, have the financial resources to, eventually, get this done and paid for; and 4.) 2 billion people woke up today, walked outside their mud/tin/straw huts/shacks, and asked, "How and what do I feed my family today?" Yes, it's cancer, and yes, I'm scared shitless...but there are so many more challenges we could be tasked with facing.

Old Post May-05-2018 11:08  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Zoso Click here to Send Zoso a Private Message Add Zoso to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DJ RANN
Supreme tranceaddict

Dude, have to say your mentality is something to aspire to and in the grand scheme of things it's the reason you and your wife are going to be OK. It's great to hear she's battling through it and responding well. I hope you two take a long vacation afterwards.

Old Post May-05-2018 13:45 
Click Here to See the Profile for DJ RANN Click here to Send DJ RANN a Private Message Add DJ RANN to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Zoso
Banging Gangs!

quote:
Originally posted by DJ RANN
Dude, have to say your mentality is something to aspire to and in the grand scheme of things it's the reason you and your wife are going to be OK. It's great to hear she's battling through it and responding well. I hope you two take a long vacation afterwards.

She loves to travel, and I absolutely hate it. My entire body, mind, and spirit reject the very notion, lol. However, in this case, I am going to make an exception and fight my way through it. Not sure when and where, but will most definitely deserve a trip after all of this. This last chemo session has really kicked her tail...she had a really bad episode last night of basically losing feeling over her entire body. Simply waking up and taking a bath this morning has replicated that feeling.

Old Post May-05-2018 13:49  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Zoso Click here to Send Zoso a Private Message Add Zoso to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
MSZ
godspeed

Old Post May-05-2018 15:43  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for MSZ Click here to Send MSZ a Private Message Add MSZ to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

quote:
Originally posted by Lira
Not Jack, it can't be that sunny in Leeds

Amazingly enough, it is! Set to be one of the hottest May bank holidays on record.

And Stu's rejoined the Internet as well. What a time to be alive.

> Rough & Ready [Modern Trance]
>A Different Energy [Good Modern Trance]
> The Edale Mix [Panoramic Beats]

Old Post May-05-2018 17:33  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Sushipunk
Flickering, I roam

quote:
Originally posted by Lira
Speaking of catching up with your reading, were the 30 books any good?

Yeah, actually. I enjoyed every one of them. Some were better than others, obviously, but I think I chose pretty well.

The down side is that I'm almost completely out of ideas on what to read now.

Old Post May-05-2018 21:17  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for Sushipunk Click here to Send Sushipunk a Private Message Visit Sushipunk's homepage! Add Sushipunk to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Zoso
Banging Gangs!

quote:
Yeah, actually. I enjoyed every one of them. Some were better than others, obviously, but I think I chose pretty well.

The down side is that I'm almost completely out of ideas on what to read now.

No joke...if you've never read "East of Eden" by John Steinbeck, I cannot encourage you enough.

The front of the book contains this little epigraph (Pat is Pascal Covici, Steinbeck's long-time editor...

“Dear Pat,
You came upon me carving some kind of little figure out of wood and you said, ‘Why don’t you make something for me?’
I asked you what you wanted, and you said, ‘A box.’
‘What for?’
‘To put things in.’
‘What things?’
‘Whatever you have,’ you said.
Well, here’s your box. Nearly everything I have is in it, and it is not full. Pain and excitement are in it, and feeling good or bad and evil thoughts and good thoughts—the pleasures of design and some despair and the indescribable joy of creation.
And on top of these are all the gratitude and love I have for you.
And still the box is not full.
John”

This could not be a better, more true description of the novel. It is, for me, the best representation of the spectrum of "the human condition" that I have ever come across. In some form or another, it contains everything that it means to be human. I try to read it at least once a year.

Old Post May-05-2018 21:28  United States
Sushipunk
Flickering, I roam

quote:
Originally posted by Zoso
No joke...if you've never read "East of Eden" by John Steinbeck, I cannot encourage you enough.

Ok, it has been acquired on my Kindle.

Anyone else have any recommendations?

Old Post May-05-2018 22:03  Australia
Zoso
Banging Gangs!

quote:
Ok, it has been acquired on my Kindle.

Anyone else have any recommendations?

Good man. It's a "semi-historical" fiction in that the Hamilton family, one of the families central to the story, is John's maternal lineage. I am not sure if the other central family, the Trask family, is based in reality.

Old Post May-05-2018 22:12  United States

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > Friday 158 - Cinco De Mayo & Playoffs!
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (5): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackAny ideas? [2004] [1]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playback nRui Da Silva - "The 4 Elements: Earth" [2004]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread