Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > Production Studio > Sound Card Reccomendations
Pages (5): « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
echosystm
super wow maker

Clay has a history of having problems that no one else does. You gotta take his complaints with a pinch of salt. I'm still getting one.

quote:
Originally posted by floyd741
i think echosystm is a pretty cool guy. eh pwns robby rox and doesn't afraid of anything.

Old Post Feb-16-2014 22:52  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for echosystm Click here to Send echosystm a Private Message Add echosystm to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
The Dark NINJA
Supreme tranceaddict

LOL

Old Post Feb-17-2014 07:52  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for The Dark NINJA Click here to Send The Dark NINJA a Private Message Add The Dark NINJA to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
echosystm
super wow maker

quote:
Originally posted by The Dark NINJA
LOL

Don't lol too hard buddy, some of your own statements have to be taken with an entire desalination plant.

quote:
Originally posted by floyd741
i think echosystm is a pretty cool guy. eh pwns robby rox and doesn't afraid of anything.

Last edited by echosystm on Feb-17-2014 at 11:12

Old Post Feb-17-2014 11:04  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for echosystm Click here to Send echosystm a Private Message Add echosystm to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SystematicX1
Supreme tranceaddict

Just got my tandem and already notice a HUGE difference and more of a flat response than I expected which is precisely what I am needing.
Granted, its gonna be a few days of seasoning to get the true quality out,but right off the top I'd say I am pretty pleased.
Damn if I dont remember as I just got out of guitar center but...I saw a external that could emulate different monitors. Pretty cool but another 150$.

Old Post Feb-17-2014 20:06  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for SystematicX1 Click here to Send SystematicX1 a Private Message Add SystematicX1 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
The Dark NINJA
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by echosystm
Don't lol too hard buddy, some of your own statements have to be taken with an entire desalination plant.

LOL

Old Post Feb-18-2014 03:42  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for The Dark NINJA Click here to Send The Dark NINJA a Private Message Add The Dark NINJA to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
earcandy
tranceaddict in training

Anything by MOTU or RME. A bit expensive both worth it.

Old Post Feb-18-2014 13:49  Ireland
Click Here to See the Profile for earcandy Click here to Send earcandy a Private Message Add earcandy to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DJ RANN
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by clay
it distorts as hell, its 24 bit support istn real (!) and its fake balanced too. i replaced it after a day with Steinberg UR22 which was a lot better, yet still not same class as Audiofire 4 but that one is unfortunately firewire. i will go back to audiofire if its still has supported drivers for when i get a thunderbolt computer - hopefully soon.

I would love to hear more about these specifics; What do you mea about it not having real 24bit support? And are you saying it's pseudobalaced instead of balanced?

The audiofire is a great value interface because they use the exact chips for DAC that RME did in their $1300+ interfaces (the FF400 and FF800).

Motu are decent but not that more beyond that in terms of clarity - they do offer stability and a lot of connectivity but true pristine audio quality was never their strong suit. The mic pres can be a little noisy too when compared to other offerings in that price range.

RME are superb, but they don't have any cheap offerings, and apogee's cheap offerings are also good but so limited in terms of connectivity.

I never used to be a fan of Steinberg interfaces (I doubt many people remember their offerings in the late 90's/early 2000's but they were dogshit) until the UR and UM ranges came out and they kind of nailed it - well priced with good features and quality.

As for the audiofire, I don't really understand why it being FW is an issue? Just get a $20 Thunderbolt to FW adapter. Having a dedicated TB interface is a total waste of bandwidth anyway - it's not even using 1/20th of the available protocol so whether you use it via an adapter or a dedicated port, there's no difference.

Old Post Feb-18-2014 19:52 
Click Here to See the Profile for DJ RANN Click here to Send DJ RANN a Private Message Add DJ RANN to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
The Dark NINJA
Supreme tranceaddict

Thunderbolt sound quality?

Old Post Feb-19-2014 00:42  United States
DJ RANN
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Thunderbolt sound quality?

Please tell me you're joking.

Old Post Feb-19-2014 00:47 
Click Here to See the Profile for DJ RANN Click here to Send DJ RANN a Private Message Add DJ RANN to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
The Dark NINJA
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by DJ RANN
Please tell me you're joking.

Right now I am, waiting till my new Mac pro comes friday and my thunderbolt card for my lynx hilo comes. I got it for reduced latency and i'm rich. Anyway I'll let you know soon.

Old Post Feb-19-2014 00:50  United States
The Dark NINJA
Supreme tranceaddict

So far this guys says he has better sound quality using an adapter lmao

http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f...aranteed-19227/

Old Post Feb-19-2014 00:53  United States
DJ RANN
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
So far this guys says he has better sound quality using an adapter lmao

http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f...aranteed-19227/

Jesus H Christ man, you need to stay the fuck away from these misguided people. I know audiophiles can be full of bullshit at the best of times but these guys are really special.

It worries me that you think a change in the data connection protocol will somehow make anything sound better, or that faster hard drives = more sonic quality.

This isn't a subjective thing - it's binary data, 1's and 0's. This does not change based on the speed or type of drive. End of discussion.

Unless the DAC used is different or the actual transmission protocol (i.e. AES vs SPDIF) used chages for the test, it is physically impossible for there to be any change in audio quality of the perceived signal. Whether you stream the same binary info from an SD card, a USB drive or OCW/Samsung SSD, the data is the same, and it is being processed by the same DAC.

Go again and read that thread - they are not comparing apples to apples (no pun intended) and many of the people commenting completely miss this fact and agreeing that using different drives affect the audio quality which is pure group reinforced placebo.

The guy that actually lists his hardware used is doing a terrible job of explaining that his process uses a different DAC for the output stages (built in USB vs the devices own DAC).

There are two ONLY possible differences outside of this:

1,possibility of electrical ground noise in different systems when comparing USB vs Thunderbolt, but that chances of that happening in a pro system with power conditioners, isolated mains etc is infinitesimally small but then again, these guys can hear differences between drives

2, Ambient noise (from real magentic hard drives) in your studio affecting your perception of signal output. By this, I mean your computer in your studio making more noise without an SSD can affect your perceived noise floor and thus make you think that SSD's (lowering the ambient noise of your studio) have somehow improved audio quality.

Old Post Feb-19-2014 18:45 

TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > Production Studio > Sound Card Reccomendations
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (5): « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackPiet Blank Song [2005] [1]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackFirst Choice - "Love and Happiness" [2005]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread