Become a part of the TranceAddict community! Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > John Digweed live at Axis, Boston, 28-07-1997
Pages (16): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
enydo
~

Actually already picked up quite a bit. I Trance You, Stealth Sonic Soul, Ethnic Prayer, Ready For Dead.

Limbo is killerrrr.

Their new stuff sounds kinda whack though.

Old Post Feb-17-2013 20:19 
Click Here to See the Profile for enydo Click here to Send enydo a Private Message Add enydo to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

They are slightly annoying, because they've put (almost) all their back catalogue on Beatport, but a lot of the tracks clearly don't come from the master recording, and either have surface noise or distortion.

> Hangover Square [House/Tech/Progressive]
> Falling Leaves [Deep & Melodic]
> All Night Long: 2018 [Open To Close Set]

Old Post Feb-18-2013 00:21  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list SYSTEM-J is online now Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
enydo
~

Yup. It seems that a lot of the 90's stuff I pickup from Beatport have this issue.

Old Post Feb-18-2013 00:24 
Click Here to See the Profile for enydo Click here to Send enydo a Private Message Add enydo to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Lews
Platipus And Prog Addict

Yeah, I bought a few Limbo releases, but they seemed to be just vinyl recordings, and not very good ones at that. A couple even sounded like they were just Mono. A lot of the Silver Planet stuff is like that, too.

Old Post Feb-18-2013 00:27 
Click Here to See the Profile for Lews Click here to Send Lews a Private Message Add Lews to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Woony
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by SYSTEM-J
They are slightly annoying, because they've put (almost) all their back catalogue on Beatport, but a lot of the tracks clearly don't come from the master recording, and either have surface noise or distortion.

It's pretty common since the original master tapes often aren't available. Even worse is when the vinyl pressings already suck balls (early chicago stuff) and then they put a rip of that up. Ugh.

Old Post Feb-18-2013 02:06 
Click Here to See the Profile for Woony Click here to Send Woony a Private Message Add Woony to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
paulversuspaul
Inventor of the fist pump

its not ideal but platinum notes works pretty good on these kind of files i would say. Will def make them much better. Not ideal but will do the trick for most people.

This guy needs to come back

Old Post Feb-18-2013 02:08  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for paulversuspaul Click here to Send paulversuspaul a Private Message Add paulversuspaul to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
djnitride
Tiesto played my record

I really wish Diggers would release more of his old sets, the few I have listened to are PURE GOLD.

The ones I have listened to so far:

97 @ Simons, Flordia
97 @ Axis, Boston (300th Transitions Episode)
99 Essential Mix @ Twilo
01 @ Twilo (2009 Transitions Episode)

Any other super special digweed live sets from that era I am missing out on?

Old Post Feb-18-2013 20:06  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for djnitride Click here to Send djnitride a Private Message Add djnitride to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
paulversuspaul

quote:
Originally posted by djnitride

99 Essential Mix @ Twilo

FYI that is mislabeled and has been for years. That EM was studio recorded and it was based on what kind of stuff he was playing at TWILO but for sure that is not a live recording from twilo. Another reason why it sounds so much like bedrock one as that em got a lot of hype from the moment it came out.

There is only two confirmed twilo sets that I know of, and both are basically different 1 hour episodes from TWILO 4th anniversary bd special, one of which you have posted. There is also a sasha and digweed mix that has been labelled as a twilo mix that neither sasha or digweed have ever confirmed to the best of my knowledge as actually being recorded at twilo live and not just a "twilo like set". You can usually guess that the mixes are not twilo live mixes by just hearing how fast, hard, and trancey digeers was playing even in 2001 live at twilo. For anyone who has never heard it, this mix is 1 hour of pumping, high energy, that is what twilo was all about :

John Digweed - Kiss 100@Twilo 4th Anniversary. 30/03/2001 by Hiro on Mixcloud

Dilly-Paranoid Girl holy fuck what a god damn tune!!! Someone invent a time machine as I want to go raving!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by paulversuspaul on Feb-19-2013 at 02:42

Old Post Feb-19-2013 02:36  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for paulversuspaul Click here to Send paulversuspaul a Private Message Add paulversuspaul to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
enydo
~

Their Exposure mix is the one you're talking about, right?

http://www.discogs.com/Sasha-John-D...release/1598603

I love both of those hour-long Twilo sets to death, although I generally have to skip over Sputnik - Stylus Trouble because that cheesy synth drives me bonkers.

Old Post Feb-19-2013 03:08 
paulversuspaul

quote:
Originally posted by enydo
Their Exposure mix is the one you're talking about, right?

http://www.discogs.com/Sasha-John-D...release/1598603

I love both of those hour-long Twilo sets to death, although I generally have to skip over Sputnik - Stylus Trouble because that cheesy synth drives me bonkers.

Correct! Once again to the best of my knowledge this has never been confirmed as being a live recorded mix from twilo. and it makes sense for not to have been live recorded as all their live twilo sets were something like 6-12 hours long, no way they busted their nut that quickly with that killer track list so early unless the mix was taken from very late into the night, ie peak time and if that was the case, even fn digeers was probably pushing the bpm close to 140 at that point. To this day, most new yorkers who lived through the twilo days associate sasha and digweed with trance because of the style of their twilo sets. It may not make sense to a lot of people why i have my head so far up both sasha and digweeds asses and pvd as the latter is associated with trance and snd with progressive house but back in the day, 96-2002, it was basically the same thing when you saw them all live.

Old Post Feb-19-2013 03:30  United States
djnitride
Tiesto played my record

That mix fucking explodes with energy around Bipath - Paranoise and Madam - Penetration.

Also, pretty much the last 1/2 of that mix is Satoshi Tomiie

Thanks for the info on that essential mix, it didn't sound too much like the twilo sound to me so I had some doubts about it myself but thats what it was labeled everywhere.

EDIT:

Ok, I got my mixes mixed up. The one you posted was the other one but I didn't realize that.

Old Post Feb-19-2013 04:20  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for djnitride Click here to Send djnitride a Private Message Add djnitride to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
paulversuspaul

quote:
Originally posted by djnitride
That mix fucking explodes with energy around Bipath - Paranoise and Madam - Penetration.

Also, pretty much the last 1/2 of that mix is Satoshi Tomiie

Thanks for the info on that essential mix, it didn't sound too much like the twilo sound to me so I had some doubts about it myself but thats what it was labeled everywhere.

EDIT:

Ok, I got my mixes mixed up. The one you posted was the other one but I didn't realize that.

I assumed you were talking about the other 4th anniversary one as for some reason that one is more readily available. Not sure why. I prefer this one because of dilly-paranoid girl. That version is not available on youtube as whole, only version posted is the rip from this twilo set. What a fn tune and a half. Jesus that song is the very definition of a club peak time banger:

Old Post Feb-19-2013 04:53  United States

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > John Digweed live at Axis, Boston, 28-07-1997
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (16): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread