Become a part of the TranceAddict community! Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - West Coast / Las Vegas > BPM festival is back for 2020 YAAAAASSSS
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
72hrpartyanimal
Supreme tranceaddict

Location: West LA, California (where retired party people live)

quote:
Originally posted by MR STROKE
flights booked.. Looking for a hotel to stay at but hard to know where the parties will be at and how the clubs/beach parties will be laid out until we visit Costa Rica for the 1st time.

Anyone from here planning on going in Jan ?

dude! that's awesome! we're considering it BUT it depends on our friends. They have a teenage daughter that sometimes babysits our kid. We can probably make it a family trip with some partying in between

Old Post Jul-30-2019 16:51  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for 72hrpartyanimal Click here to Send 72hrpartyanimal a Private Message Add 72hrpartyanimal to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
mar46017
Mikey Esq.

I'm surprised this is done so close to the Ocaso Festical January 9-12th. Ocaso festival will likely have same or similar lineup.

BPM is January 15-19

Maybe they will share stage costs.

Just got back from Tamarindo. Cool beach town. LIR airport is much closer than San Jose (SJO) airprot.

We flew into SJO and out of LIR. Stayed 3 nights in La Fortuna/Arenal area at Tabacon Hotel (highly recommend), 2 nights in Monteverde and 3 nights in Tamarindo at a Airbnb/Homeaway 4 bedroom condo across the street from the beach.

Other touristy areas that we missed were Jaco and Manuel Antonio.

A 4x4 SUV is a must since many roads are not paved. (Especially the road to/from Montevede)

Also don't forget to apply mosquito repellent!

Old Post Aug-06-2019 22:04  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for mar46017 Click here to Send mar46017 a Private Message Visit mar46017's homepage! Add mar46017 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
MR STROKE
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by mar46017
I'm surprised this is done so close to the Ocaso Festical January 9-12th. Ocaso festival will likely have same or similar lineup.

BPM is January 15-19

Maybe they will share stage costs.

Just got back from Tamarindo. Cool beach town. LIR airport is much closer than San Jose (SJO) airprot.

We flew into SJO and out of LIR. Stayed 3 nights in La Fortuna/Arenal area at Tabacon Hotel (highly recommend), 2 nights in Monteverde and 3 nights in Tamarindo at a Airbnb/Homeaway 4 bedroom condo across the street from the beach.

Other touristy areas that we missed were Jaco and Manuel Antonio.

A 4x4 SUV is a must since many roads are not paved. (Especially the road to/from Montevede)

Also don't forget to apply mosquito repellent!

I am going to imagine BPM will be sharing DJ's with Ocaso Festical, Sound Tulum, and Holy Ship Wrecked. They are all in Jan, somewhat close flights and very similar type of crowd/DJ's

Do I need to rent a car? No uber uh

Old Post Aug-06-2019 22:48  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for MR STROKE Click here to Send MR STROKE a Private Message Add MR STROKE to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
mar46017
Mikey Esq.

quote:
I am going to imagine BPM will be sharing DJ's with Ocaso Festical, Sound Tulum, and Holy Ship Wrecked. They are all in Jan, somewhat close flights and very similar type of crowd/DJ's

Do I need to rent a car? No uber uh

They do have uber. (super good pricing also) But its hit and miss when they have cars available. Uber from LIR to Tamarindo runs for about $60 whereas taxi costs around $120 each way. Its a little over an hour drive, appox 100 km. There are also shuttles on Viator.com for about $45 a person each way. If you do rent a car they have mandatory liability insurance they push. Your credit card will likely cover collision on the car.

I came across last year's Ocaso festival page that showed shuttles to the monkey venue from base camp.

Also no need to get their currency (Colones)

I pulled out $100.00 worth from their atm but I was still getting everything quoted in dollars. You do end up getting their currency as change when you use US dollars. When you get a check from a restaurant it will show Colones or Dollars. Also they usually add 10% service fee if you sit down. (not at the bar) service fee = tip. Impuesto = tax.

Old Post Aug-07-2019 20:32  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for mar46017 Click here to Send mar46017 a Private Message Visit mar46017's homepage! Add mar46017 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
MR STROKE
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by mar46017
They do have uber. (super good pricing also) But its hit and miss when they have cars available. Uber from LIR to Tamarindo runs for about $60 whereas taxi costs around $120 each way. Its a little over an hour drive, appox 100 km. There are also shuttles on Viator.com for about $45 a person each way. If you do rent a car they have mandatory liability insurance they push. Your credit card will likely cover collision on the car.

I came across last year's Ocaso festival page that showed shuttles to the monkey venue from base camp.

Also no need to get their currency (Colones)

I pulled out $100.00 worth from their atm but I was still getting everything quoted in dollars. You do end up getting their currency as change when you use US dollars. When you get a check from a restaurant it will show Colones or Dollars. Also they usually add 10% service fee if you sit down. (not at the bar) service fee = tip. Impuesto = tax.

curious: whats the cost of vacationing down there? Are we taking Miami/Hawaii prices or dirt cheap Mexico prices ?

Old Post Aug-19-2019 19:02  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for MR STROKE Click here to Send MR STROKE a Private Message Add MR STROKE to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
mar46017
Mikey Esq.

quote:
curious: whats the cost of vacationing down there? Are we taking Miami/Hawaii prices or dirt cheap Mexico prices ?

I would say somewhere in between. Flight is Hawaii price. Decent hotel/airbnb $100 something a night. We got a 4 bedroom condo across the street from the beach for around $250 a night. With fees $1,050 for 3 nights in Tamarindo.

$250 a night out the door for 4 bedroom house in Monteverde (town at the top of a mountain)

I recommend staying at Tabacon near the Arenal Volcano. All the hotels in that area have natural hot springs. Tabacon was the priciest of the hotels at around $400 a night after taxes and fees. (but everyone had commented Tabacon once I posted suggestions in Costa Rica so I knew it was a must stay/see)

We didn't go to the Jaco/Manuel Antonio region. Guess you can't do it all.

Old Post Aug-20-2019 21:59  United States
MR STROKE
Supreme tranceaddict

phase 1

This being the first year back in Jan, I am curious if they will pull any mega names like Mexico had year after year: Cox, Hawtin, Dixon or Beyer.

Last edited by MR STROKE on Aug-27-2019 at 21:35

Old Post Aug-27-2019 17:52  United States
72hrpartyanimal
Supreme tranceaddict

Location: West LA, California (where retired party people live)

not a bad first phase but just like Mr Stroke, I'm waiting to see what they pull out of their hats.

Old Post Aug-27-2019 18:26  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for 72hrpartyanimal Click here to Send 72hrpartyanimal a Private Message Add 72hrpartyanimal to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - West Coast / Las Vegas > BPM festival is back for 2020 YAAAAASSSS
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (2): « 1 [2]  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread