Become a part of the TranceAddict community! Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > mark knight
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Hides in Shadow
Supreme tranceaddict

Cmon guys help me out here, we can't let them ruin true music to dance to.

Old Post Aug-15-2019 18:30  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Hides in Shadow Click here to Send Hides in Shadow a Private Message Add Hides in Shadow to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
MR STROKE
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by planetaryplayer
mark knight is shit and has always been shit

Have fun head bobbing to Dixon while getting a reach around from a dude with a Seth Troxler stache

Old Post Aug-15-2019 19:09  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for MR STROKE Click here to Send MR STROKE a Private Message Add MR STROKE to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
LoveHate

quote:
Originally posted by planetaryplayer
mark knight is shit and has always been shit

quote:
Originally posted by Silky Johnson

this must be personal, mark knight did something to you guys.

Old Post Aug-15-2019 19:18  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for LoveHate Click here to Send LoveHate a Private Message Add LoveHate to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Hides in Shadow
Supreme tranceaddict

Yeah fill their ears with good party music they didn't know get down and boogie with, pft.

Old Post Aug-15-2019 19:23  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Hides in Shadow Click here to Send Hides in Shadow a Private Message Add Hides in Shadow to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
LoveHate

quote:
Originally posted by MR STROKE
Have fun head bobbing to Dixon while getting a reach around from a dude with a Seth Troxler stache

ditto, anything associated with big room is like an automatic red flag to some people, i just dont think thats the case across the board ...the Steve Aoki reference was spot on ..big room is a spectrum

Old Post Aug-15-2019 19:35  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for LoveHate Click here to Send LoveHate a Private Message Add LoveHate to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

quote:
Originally posted by MR STROKE

Are you just naming random people and things you have a vague perception of as cool? Minimal-Berghain-Dixon-something-something.

There is plenty of pumping big room music that's miles better than this generic shit. Mark Knight is for 20 year olds who put glitter on their faces and then OD on their first ever UPS pill.

> Hangover Square [House/Tech/Progressive]
> Falling Leaves [Deep & Melodic]
> All Night Long: 2018 [Open To Close Set]

Old Post Aug-15-2019 20:17  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DJ RANN
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by LoveHate

this is his latest track and its been making the rounds , currently charting on beatport, i guess you can say its big room tech house ish..so his sound hasn't proceeded much in the past 10 years however he has become more proficient , where he really shines is the output on his label and the consistency of which...

If this is what he's doing now, then I'm sorry it's a pass;

This sounds like B-side stuff from Hed Kandi circa 2002 which was pretty generic then but at least there were some interesting disco and italo house influences.

If you'd have told me this was Calvin Harris I would have just said it figures.

Old Post Aug-15-2019 20:53 
Click Here to See the Profile for DJ RANN Click here to Send DJ RANN a Private Message Add DJ RANN to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Hides in Shadow
Supreme tranceaddict

What's wrong with Calvin Harris? I know alot of people that get down and party to that.

Old Post Aug-15-2019 21:27  United States
MR STROKE
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by SYSTEM-J

There is plenty of pumping big room music that's miles better than this generic shit Mark Knight is for 20 year olds who put glitter on their faces and then OD on their first ever UPS pill.

like?

and....When's the last time you've been to a Toolroom party or seen Mark Knight play ? His shows are 30 years old's and up. You're fucking crazy if you think 20 year old's are listening to Mark Knight or anything Toolroom. Those kids go to Marshmallow and Steve Aoki.

You literally sound like my mother when she first heard Hip Hop in the 90's. "That's not MUSIC, that's black people ghetto noise"

Old Post Aug-15-2019 23:13  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for MR STROKE Click here to Send MR STROKE a Private Message Add MR STROKE to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
MR STROKE
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by LoveHate
ditto, anything associated with big room is like an automatic red flag to some people, i just dont think thats the case across the board ...the Steve Aoki reference was spot on ..big room is a spectrum

but let's be honest here. Mark Knight/Toolroom isn't even close to typical "Festival Big Room"

That is Dimitri Vegas & Like Mike/David Guetta/Aoki stuff

I really consider Toolroom to be old fashion "Driving House Music"

Seems like people here are just old, jaded and crusty.

How the fuck did DJ's like- Erick Morillo, Roger Sanchez, Prok & Fitch, Danny Tenaglia, AND Mark Knight get lumped into "Big Room cheese" these days ? WTF TA..

Old Post Aug-15-2019 23:24  United States
DJ RANN
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Hides in Shadow
Calvin Harris? I know alot of people that get down and party to that.

I have no doubt you do.

quote:
Originally posted by Hides in Shadow
and....When's the last time you've been to a Toolroom party or seen Mark Knight play ? His shows are 30 years old's and up. You're fucking crazy if you think 20 year old's are listening to Mark Knight or anything Toolroom. Those kids go to Marshmallow and Steve Aoki.

You literally sound like my mother when she first heard Hip Hop in the 90's. "That's not MUSIC, that's black people ghetto noise"

Not to fight his arguments for him - Jack's perfectly capable of posting good examples (and you bet your life he will) - but I think your trapped in a bubble.

The music you posted in this thread was pretty formulaic 20 years ago when it was at least a thing. Now? it's not just basic but it's aged, not least becuase you will find it being played to death by the likes of Aoki et al. In fact a quick google reveals toolroom are all over Aoki's mixes.

Each to their own of course, and I respect Knight for pluggin away but it's hardly new or anything less than entry level house.

Old Post Aug-16-2019 00:38 
Click Here to See the Profile for DJ RANN Click here to Send DJ RANN a Private Message Add DJ RANN to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
LoveHate

i get what you're saying and I agree somewhat but to be fair I think sounding dated is part of the appeal ,albeit having some more "drops" added in ..

I'll reply more later in the bus now

Old Post Aug-16-2019 01:57  Canada

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > mark knight
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread