Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - West Coast / Las Vegas > Simon Patterson Avalon..what to expect
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Quazar
still likes trance

quote:
Originally posted by rowdy
wait he's playing techno? like techno techno or tech trance?

Actual techno, along with progpsy and tech trance. He's been doing this for a while now, hence his jump in popularity.

quote:
Originally posted by Sushipunk
At least last time you Brits got pissed off, we got punk music out of it. This time, it'll probably just end up being embers breaks

Old Post Jul-23-2014 20:00  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Quazar Click here to Send Quazar a Private Message Add Quazar to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
jdub889
Supreme tranceaddict

not just techno either. he opened his "8 hr" set (which turned into a 5 hr set when he broke his foot during his set) at avalon a while back with a couple ten walls tracks, a mind against track, etc.

the problem is that he gets through his still rather limited selection of techno and house and then seems to hammer some pretty monotonous progpsy stuff for what seems like hours on end. i like progpsy as much as the next guy, but i'm not sure he's figured out yet how to transition from that to something else

Old Post Jul-24-2014 04:26  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for jdub889 Click here to Send jdub889 a Private Message Add jdub889 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
modthispny
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by jdub889
not just techno either. he opened his "8 hr" set (which turned into a 5 hr set when he broke his foot during his set) at avalon a while back with a couple ten walls tracks, a mind against track, etc.

the problem is that he gets through his still rather limited selection of techno and house and then seems to hammer some pretty monotonous progpsy stuff for what seems like hours on end. i like progpsy as much as the next guy, but i'm not sure he's figured out yet how to transition from that to something else

what's progpsy?

will you be there sat?

Old Post Jul-24-2014 05:22  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for modthispny Click here to Send modthispny a Private Message Add modthispny to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
GPC
#trance

quote:
Originally posted by modthispny
what's progpsy?

Progressive psytrance.

Old Post Jul-24-2014 17:42  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for GPC Click here to Send GPC a Private Message Add GPC to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
modthispny
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by GPC
Progressive psytrance.

wtf does that mean? LOL

slow psytrance?

LOL

Old Post Jul-24-2014 21:56  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for modthispny Click here to Send modthispny a Private Message Add modthispny to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
GPC
#trance

GPC

quote:
wtf does that mean? LOL

slow psytrance?

LOL

Ha ha yeah pretty much. At least slower/deeper than full on banging psytrance.

Old Post Jul-24-2014 21:59  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for GPC Click here to Send GPC a Private Message Add GPC to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
GPC
#trance

GPC

I don't know if you every listen to J00F's Global Trance Grooves podcast but usually the first hour is progressive psytrance and the last hour straight up psytrance. I love the first hour but not so much the second hour especially when he does a turbo mix. That just beats you senseless lol.

Old Post Jul-24-2014 22:03  United States
modthispny
Supreme tranceaddict

i skimmed through SP's 2014 EDC vegas set, it sounds

https://soundcloud.com/simonpatters...vegas-june-2014

i'm really excited!

Old Post Jul-25-2014 00:15  United States
in2muzikk
Supreme tranceaddict

I thought he would be playing more "machine gun trance," similar to what C. Lawrence plays. That style gets monotonous and boring to me, but if it's really progressive (emotional, intoxicating, complex rhythms) similar to Digweed, Guy J, Hernan Cattaneo, Nick Warren, then I'd probably like it. This sounds like a blend between the two, which I didn't know was humanly possible.

I'll definitely give SP's set a listen if it's recorded, and then maybe will make it out next time around. Not committed so far tho.

Old Post Jul-25-2014 01:53  Germany
Click Here to See the Profile for in2muzikk Click here to Send in2muzikk a Private Message Add in2muzikk to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
jdub889
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
what's progpsy?

will you be there sat?

yup! see you there?

as for progpsy i might be using the term wrong but i think it's pretty much the 'machine gun' trance that was referred to above ... essentially to differentiate it from full on and goa psytrance. imo it loses any of the elements that made it 'psychedelic' in the first place, and although i do like it in moderation (especially on a big sound system like avalon's), it gets a bit repetitive after a while.

something like this (love the vocal stab in this one haha):

Old Post Jul-26-2014 17:57  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for jdub889 Click here to Send jdub889 a Private Message Add jdub889 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
jdub889
Supreme tranceaddict

also, i don't mean to continue to slag off on this style of music -- again, i like it enough to come out to simon tonight -- but i just stumbled on this and thought it was pretty funny:

Old Post Jul-26-2014 18:01  United States
in2muzikk
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by jdub889
also, i don't mean to continue to slag off on this style of music -- again, i like it enough to come out to simon tonight -- but i just stumbled on this and thought it was pretty funny:

LMAO!

Old Post Jul-27-2014 02:34  Germany
Click Here to See the Profile for in2muzikk Click here to Send in2muzikk a Private Message Add in2muzikk to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - West Coast / Las Vegas > Simon Patterson Avalon..what to expect
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackIDed: Chill Techno Trance track [2005] [4]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackGeorg Friedrich Händel - "Sarabande in D Minor" [2005]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread