Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - New York > Paul Lanzarotti ( Mad Not Mad ) To Open Up New Club In June?
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
RiottoNYC
tranceaddict in training

Paul Lanzarotti ( Mad Not Mad ) To Open Up New Club In June?

Just saw this article

http://www.residentadvisor.net/news.aspx?id=16579

quote:
You say you're not a standard promoter exactly. So what's something that you would tell a venue?

Well, we're going to be opening a... I can't tell you what the name of the club is because it's secret, but in June we're going to be opening a new club, and we have been working it for eight months with the venue owners, and the concept was borne out of my original experience with the first Sasha boat cruise, and then playing around with the format... I got into it because a lot of my friends were, I stopped going out in New York about a year-and-a-half, two years ago because I was frustrated with what was out there, and I think the NY club scene is in a bad place. Then my friends were going out and they were coming back and they were complaining, and every bit that they were complaining about what was the same things that I was complaining about, so I decided "You know what, I'm going to give this a go, I'm going to try and change things."

In New York, everything's much closer together [than London], so people have four or five options when they go out, and that changes people's mindset, and I noticed this seven years ago, that the crowds here are much more apathetic—people come, people go. This new club we're developing is a new club which kind of turns things on its head. First of all the production is going to be first-class, the venue owners are spending a fortune on a state-of-the-art Funktion One soundsystem, not just a couple of speakers in the corner, we're going to have six 21-inch subs in a beautiful space. It's a very beautiful space, it's in Manhattan and not in Brooklyn.

We have a lighting company that's coming in who were recommended to us by a couple of people called iDesign and they're going to be doing some fantastic design work. We're not trying to design a very loud and in-your-face club, in fact what we're trying to do is design a club that's very underground and is targeted at a slightly older audience. We're going to have lots of seating available, the best sound that money can buy, the best lighting money can buy, in an underground, 500-capacity club, and it's going to be semi-private, and the idea is to connect the real fans of music to the DJs and give the DJs the best possible platform to be heard.

Old Post May-15-2012 22:50  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for RiottoNYC Click here to Send RiottoNYC a Private Message Add RiottoNYC to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SebG
Et Tu, Bruté?

quote:
club that's very underground and is targeted at a slightly older audience. We're going to have lots of seating available, the best sound that money can buy, the best lighting money can buy, in an underground, 500-capacity club, and it's going to be semi-private, and the idea is to connect the real fans of music to the DJs and give the DJs the best possible platform to be heard.

Do you guys think that last MadNotMat with Sasha at Slate was a test run of his up coming club? Kinda makes sense....

Old Post May-15-2012 22:57  Poland
Click Here to See the Profile for SebG Click here to Send SebG a Private Message Visit SebG's homepage! Add SebG to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
RiottoNYC
tranceaddict in training

quote:
Originally posted by SebG
Do you guys think that last MadNotMat with Sasha at Slate was a test run of his up coming club? Kinda makes sense....

Thats what I'm thinking, looking back at the Sasha at Slate thread it seemed like they were stressing the same ideas for that night ( no dress code, bottle service, etc.. ).

Pure speculation but maybe they're going to buy out Slate? It would make sense to me to just buy it out if they already did the renovations for the Sasha event.

Old Post May-15-2012 23:16  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for RiottoNYC Click here to Send RiottoNYC a Private Message Add RiottoNYC to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SebG
Et Tu, Bruté?

quote:
Originally posted by RiottoNYC
Thats what I'm thinking, looking back at the Sasha at Slate thread it seemed like they were stressing the same ideas for that night ( no dress code, bottle service, etc.. ).

Pure speculation but maybe they're going to buy out Slate? It would make sense to me to just buy it out if they already did the renovations for the Sasha event.

Exactly why I mentioned Slate being a test run....

Since MNM saw that it was a success, they pulled the trigger and invested money into that place. Of course this is all hypothetical....but i wouldnt surprised me if that was the case

Old Post May-15-2012 23:21  Poland
Click Here to See the Profile for SebG Click here to Send SebG a Private Message Visit SebG's homepage! Add SebG to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
xpand3r
Supreme technoaddict

Another new club that's supposed to be all about underground music, GREAT! ;-)

Old Post May-16-2012 00:45  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for xpand3r Click here to Send xpand3r a Private Message Add xpand3r to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
AY STAR
let the music use you up

quote:
Originally posted by xpand3r

lol i said the same thing
i hope the whole "semi-private" thing is sort of like what blk market and other promoters do where its rsvp only, and not held to the decision of some douchebag doorman or forced to buy bottles

Old Post May-16-2012 00:48  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for AY STAR Click here to Send AY STAR a Private Message Add AY STAR to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Chaska
Techno Addict

quote:

LOL.

I'd go. But not on Sasha night.

Old Post May-16-2012 00:51  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Chaska Click here to Send Chaska a Private Message Add Chaska to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SebG
Et Tu, Bruté?

quote:

LOLOLOL

cough* D36 *cough*....

Old Post May-16-2012 00:53  Poland
Frequency Frank
Supreme tranceaddict

It sounds like he's talking about that Beekman Beach Club where Middleton and M.A.N.D.Y. are playing...maybe?

Official Website
My Podcast (techno): The H.I.N.T. - http://hint.podomatic.com

www.TeggnoRecords.com

Old Post May-16-2012 03:09  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Frequency Frank Click here to Send Frequency Frank a Private Message Visit Frequency Frank's homepage! Add Frequency Frank to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Skeptic
Supreme tranceaddict

this smells like another Sankeys situation

Old Post May-16-2012 03:41 
Click Here to See the Profile for Skeptic Click here to Send Skeptic a Private Message Add Skeptic to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
pyro264jb
i'll be back

quote:
Originally posted by skalariak
this smells like another Sankeys situation

Its not another sankeys situation. Paul is a stand up guy. I had the plesaure of meeting him a few times and also met his colleague Rocky who is another stand up guy.

Lets hope for the best

Old Post May-16-2012 05:22  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for pyro264jb Click here to Send pyro264jb a Private Message Add pyro264jb to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DJslantzz
Number Cruncher

quote:
Originally posted by pyro264jb
Its not another sankeys situation. Paul is a stand up guy. I had the plesaure of meeting him a few times and also met his colleague Rocky who is another stand up guy.

Knowing Paul for a few years, I am confident he wouldn't get involved with anything unless it was something that was definitely worth it. That being said, I wouldn't mind another new venue in NYC, couldn't hurt at all. As a local DJ, a new venue opens up more opportunities for us local DJ's that have no problem playing an opening/closing slot alongside some great headliners.

Best of luck to Paul and the rest of the Mad Not Mad crew.

Old Post May-16-2012 12:16  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for DJslantzz Click here to Send DJslantzz a Private Message Add DJslantzz to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - New York > Paul Lanzarotti ( Mad Not Mad ) To Open Up New Club In June?
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (2): [1] 2 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackPaul Kalkbrenner - Steinbeisser [BPitch Control] [BPC 072] [2006] [2]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackMarco V - "Recovered" [2004]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread