Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > Dark tribal progressive house/trance - where is it?
Pages (37): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
enydo
~

DO YOU HEAR VOICES?

DO YOU HAVE VISIONS?

PREMONITIONS?

VOICES.

Old Post Feb-02-2010 01:58 
Click Here to See the Profile for enydo Click here to Send enydo a Private Message Add enydo to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Lews
Platipus And Prog Addict

Fucking love that song. Ended my first Prog House set with it

Old Post Feb-02-2010 02:13 
Click Here to See the Profile for Lews Click here to Send Lews a Private Message Add Lews to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Existo22
Suspended User

Such an amazing thread this one
Oh the memories...

Old Post Feb-02-2010 03:13 
Click Here to See the Profile for Existo22 Click here to Send Existo22 a Private Message Add Existo22 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
meriter
-

I think it's our job to bring this genre back. Enough of all these tracks that were a hit 10 years ago. Who's producing the stuff now? Where's the new shit?

Let's all write Medway on Myspace and ask him to make tracks like Resurrection and Baseline again.

Hooj Choons is back up. I think we're about to see a resurgence of the more musical electronic music. Get ready everyone

Old Post Feb-02-2010 04:09 
Click Here to See the Profile for meriter Click here to Send meriter a Private Message Add meriter to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

quote:
Originally posted by Steve Evets
Like others have said, this stuff is still being made, you really have to spend some time and dig for it though. Over the weekend, I did some digging on juno and beatport and found quite a bit that fit the bill. I think the oldest track came out in March, but the majority of these are current releases within the last month or two. Anyhow, I made a mix out of it, and I think it came out pretty well. Here it is.

Exoplanet - Waanzucht (Dub Mix)
Dark Soul Project - What Is The Matrix?
Moshic - La Monte
Outamba - Fulani Song (Luzon Remix)
Cezar Lacrone - Everybody (Original Hot Mix)
Seiran DJs - Train Crash
Calzedon Guy - A Day At The Sea
DP-6 - Lava
Diego Brahim - Dark Fear (Alex Mos Remix)
Beta vs Mesmer - Tetris
My Friend And I - Geb (Hypnotic Duo Remix)
Moshic - Esah

[[ LINK REMOVED ]]

Hope you like it

This was a pretty good set to say most of these came out in the last month, but the breaks at the beginnning and Alex Mos' remix were the only one I'd consider buying and playing. Still, you've proved that it's still being made.

> Rough & Ready [Modern Trance]
>A Different Energy [Good Modern Trance]
> The Edale Mix [Panoramic Beats]

Old Post Feb-02-2010 13:40  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
trancedanne
Supreme tranceaddict

Moshic is all you need !

Old Post Feb-03-2010 06:02  Sweden
Click Here to See the Profile for trancedanne Click here to Send trancedanne a Private Message Add trancedanne to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
cjart
deep mystic roots

quote:
Originally posted by enydo

quote:
Originally posted by bas
lol I still play this if I can fit it in

yeah! same here

[ facebook music page | beatport | mixcloud | soundcloud ]

Old Post Feb-04-2010 01:21 
Click Here to See the Profile for cjart Click here to Send cjart a Private Message Visit cjart's homepage! Add cjart to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Cobalt
Trance Isn't Trance

Miss it a lot. Yes, the Pappa set at Innercity is gold.

Creamer & Stephane K, Science Dept, ah, it just doesn't exist anymore. Even Moshic, judging by the last time I heard him, doesn't have quite the same depth and energy of dark old prog in the 2001 twilight.

I've tried many other genres and styles since then, and I still miss prog so much. Maybe another year or two until a revival? One can always hope.

Old Post Feb-04-2010 05:08  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Cobalt Click here to Send Cobalt a Private Message Add Cobalt to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
enydo
~

I'm sure that type of "sound" will cycle back at some point, I actually hear a lot of the deeper dubstep stuff that reminds me, in some way, of that older style of prog.

Old Post Feb-04-2010 05:14 
Click Here to See the Profile for enydo Click here to Send enydo a Private Message Add enydo to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Cobalt
Trance Isn't Trance

I should be clear that I don't mean a carbon-copy revival, since those never really happen, except as explicitly kitchy throwbacks. I mean something with the progressive aesthetic. I haven't felt that fluidity and hypnotism in dance music since about 2005. And I remember thinking that the Big Prog Slowdown of 2002 was turning its back on solid principles!

Everyone wanted change in 2006 (prog was in the gutter). I suppose you should be careful what you wish for. It's probably far too soon for revival of old ideas. I'd give it until at least 2011, probably longer. Cocoon seemed to have promising tendencies, but it was never the real thing.

I'm not very tapped-in these days, though, so I suppose something may be developing somewhere already.

Old Post Feb-04-2010 05:34  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Cobalt Click here to Send Cobalt a Private Message Add Cobalt to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
trancedanne
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Cobalt
Miss it a lot. Yes, the Pappa set at Innercity is gold.

Creamer & Stephane K, Science Dept, ah, it just doesn't exist anymore. Even Moshic, judging by the last time I heard him, doesn't have quite the same depth and energy of dark old prog in the 2001 twilight.

I've tried many other genres and styles since then, and I still miss prog so much. Maybe another year or two until a revival? One can always hope.

dude progressive is still verry much alive, Michael & Levan, Kay-D, Hypnotic Duo, Faskil, Domased Electronica etc, there are alot of good producers who makes proper deep progressive house.

Old Post Feb-04-2010 06:41  Sweden
Click Here to See the Profile for trancedanne Click here to Send trancedanne a Private Message Add trancedanne to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

Saints & Sinners have a new release on Beatport, the dub mix is pretty dark and tribal.

> Rough & Ready [Modern Trance]
>A Different Energy [Good Modern Trance]
> The Edale Mix [Panoramic Beats]

Old Post Feb-04-2010 14:33  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > Dark tribal progressive house/trance - where is it?
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (37): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackold prog. song from DJ Astrid Set!! I Been dying for ID [2002] [4]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackOceanLab - Miracle (Above & Beyond Club mix) [2008]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread