Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - New York > Euphoria's Interview Thread (Updates: Funkerman, Daniel Wanrooy, Redroche, Kyau & Albert)
Pages (14): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
chimera66
PARTOUZE

quote:
Originally posted by MeLLyMeL
yeah but i mean - like FLASHBACK gdjb early days too.

that would be awesome, i have a set from your days in miami (2003 with buster as the mc or something). anyway would like to hear stuff from a couple years back.

z - good interview with markus

I once saw Swamper peel off 4 or 5 $100 bills from a fat roll and say this to Donald Trump: "Go clean yourself up; you look like a bum.". And then he threw the bills right in Trump's face/hair! Then Swamper and his entourage of 30, who were all wearing TA monogramed Rolexes, left the room and flew to Hawaii for a few hours because Del wanted fresh coconut.

To his defense, Trump didn't even really look like a bum.

Old Post Sep-01-2010 23:05 
Click Here to See the Profile for chimera66 Click here to Send chimera66 a Private Message Add chimera66 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
euphoria

Thanks for all the kind comments

Stay tuned for more Electric Zoo interviews + Trance Take over artist interviews.......

Old Post Sep-02-2010 19:24  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for euphoria Click here to Send euphoria a Private Message Visit euphoria's homepage! Add euphoria to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Scoops
4 bags deep

I dunno what it is bout Markus but he seems like he loves doing interviews... he gets soo into the questions and is very vocal about every subject

one of the most personable DJs out there IMO

Old Post Sep-02-2010 19:41 
Click Here to See the Profile for Scoops Click here to Send Scoops a Private Message Add Scoops to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
euphoria

Smiley DJ Massive Event Special Feature: Ronski Speed Pre-Trance Takeover Interview

Trance extraordinaire Ronski Speed returns to New York to perform at Massive Event's Trance Takeover at Pacha. He lands in the big apple this evening and is very happy to be back. In the following interview he talks about his feelings for the city of New York as well as sharing the stage with Andy Moor for this weekends festivities. Continue reading to see what you can expect from Ronski this Saturday....

What tasks does a casual day in the life of Ronski Speed include?

Working, eating, Internet stuff, and all the things everybody is doing. Around the weekends is it more like travelling, flying in airplanes, waiting at airports, searching for lounges with Internet. Check in and out in Hotels and sometimes I also try to see a bit of the city I’m playing.

What differentiates your particular sound from other Trance artists?

I’m always trying to find a perfect sound for the song or remix I’m doing. I’m very much mixing up the styles and in the end always bring that special Ronski speed touch in it.

What are some of the musical elements that you feel are lacking in some recent Trance productions?

Actually there is a lot of random stuff out there. The People should rather sit down a bit longer on their tracks and find a special melody or vocal. Otherwise it will disappear in the masses.

You have been with Euphonic since 1997, what are some of the great qualities of this label?

It’s a high quality label. Nearly every release is great and gets a big feedback. We all know and trust each other at the label and we are good friends.

Have you begun working on the follow up to Pure Devotion?

No, it is not planned at the moment.

Are there any upcoming compilations in the works?

Nothing.

You returned with your Sun Decade alias last year after a four-year pause. Can we expect future releases under this guise?

For sure. I made some remixes in the past under the Sun Decade guise and lately “Lasting Light”. Definitely working on new ideas for that.

Goldenscan is making a comeback this year. You previously remixed their track Sunrise. Do you anticipate working with them again?

Oh not yet, but good to hear they coming back.

Have you completed any equipment upgrades for your studio recently?

I’m absolutely lazy in this case. Using the same synths for years now.

What is your favorite VST at the moment?

Nexus, V-Station

You will be performing at the upcoming Trance Takeover event Presented by Massive NYC at Pacha in New York. Are you excited to return to New York?

I absolutely love this city and will already arrive on Friday to see the other guys too. So this will be a massive weekend.

Do you ever spend any additional time in New York to sight see or other activities?

This time I will stay one day longer.

How do you feel about sharing the stage with Andy Moor?

He is a good guy and we played already a few times together, at least 2 weeks ago in ministry of sound London. So this will be a fun night with him.

You tend to be extremely warm and welcoming to your fans at your performances. Why do you feel that is important?

Imagine yourself in the position you want to talk to your favorite DJ or producer and take a photo with him. It would be very un-polite not to give the chance for that.

What has been the most requested track by your audience in recent months?

My Track “Denva” and “Lasting Light” but still some of my classics seems to never get old.

At times fans may get overly aggressive at times when a DJ is trying to perform without realizing it. What types of behaviors disturb you when you are behind the decks?

Oh actually the DJ’s has to be high concentrated behind the decks. He is responsible to make a good show and a great night for everybody. So I don’t like if people try to disturb me too much, actually this usually doesn’t happen.

What would you consider to be your most unusual personality trait?

Hmm, hard to say, maybe you have to ask my friends and family.

Do you have any pets? If so, what are they?

My hamster and canary died last year, so not at the moment.

Awww! I have pet hamsters also.

Besides sleep, what else do you do to stay occupied while on long flights?

Usually listening new stuff and watching a bunch of new movies. Need some entertainment.

Do you have any other comments you would like to share with our readers?

I’m really happy to get back and looking forward to a great weekend.

- Interview by Zaneta Ortiz

http://www.ronskispeed.com/
http://www.ElectronicNightLife.com
http://www.massiveevent.com/

Old Post Sep-24-2010 15:29  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for euphoria Click here to Send euphoria a Private Message Visit euphoria's homepage! Add euphoria to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
MeLLyMeL
I miss my best friend :(

Be Cool!

YAYYYYYYYYYY!!! Good interview.

Toniggghhhhhhhhht

Near to me

R.I.P. DarkAngel 12-16-o9

Old Post Sep-24-2010 15:43 
Click Here to See the Profile for MeLLyMeL Click here to Send MeLLyMeL a Private Message Visit MeLLyMeL's homepage! Add MeLLyMeL to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
RoBDaWG
Prepared to Dance!

Awesome interview, Ronski's a great dude, met him a few times.

Real consistent with his beats too!

Old Post Sep-25-2010 13:47  Italy
Click Here to See the Profile for RoBDaWG Click here to Send RoBDaWG a Private Message Visit RoBDaWG's homepage! Add RoBDaWG to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
euphoria

Stay tuned for interviews with Super8 & Tab and Antonio Piacquadio (Sankeys NYC)

Many details for the upcoming Sankeys NYC venue will be unveiled and you guys are going to like what you hear

Old Post Oct-27-2010 14:49  United States
AY STAR
let the music use you up

quote:
Originally posted by euphoria

Many details for the upcoming Sankeys NYC venue will be unveiled and you guys are going to like what you hear

trance?

Old Post Oct-27-2010 14:50  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for AY STAR Click here to Send AY STAR a Private Message Add AY STAR to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
euphoria

quote:
Originally posted by AY STAR
trance?

Open to all genres but focusing more on techno, tech house, and house.

Full interview will be online after 6pm tonight and I will link it here I will be invited for a tour and to take photos of the venue soon as well so you guys can see what it's all about.

Old Post Oct-27-2010 14:56  United States
euphoria

Sankeys NYC Special Feature - Interview with Antonio Piacquadio

http://www.electronicnightlife.com/

Photo Credit: Douglas Sonders

Earlier this year we shared some exciting information with our readers in regards to a new venue opening in New York City. We are happy to announce that slowly but surely some of the details of this new nightclub – Sankeys NYC are being unveiled and the scene in the Big Apple will be extremely pleased at what they hear.

Sankeys NYC will be opening in the beginning of 2011 and promises to deliver an unforgettable and unique clubbing experience with the possibility of additional venues emerging in America, South America, Asia, and throughout Europe in the future.

You have an extreme amount of history within the New York nightlife scene. Would you care to share some details on some of your previous endeavors?

Antonio Piacquadio: I’ve been a DJ in NYC for 20 years. I’ve played every major club within that time.

You have dabbled in the area of production in the past; do you anticipate pursuing it more at some point in the future?

Antonio Piacquadio: I never stopped producing. I’ve been honing my skills as to release an EP I feel satisfied with. My debut EP will be released sometime before year’s end.

I hear there is a new NYC DJ program at SANKEYS in the UK; can you tell me more about that concept?

Antonio Piacquadio: David [Vincent, the owner of SANKEYS Manchester] thought it would be cool to bring some of the top NYC DJ’s to the UK. The response has been massive and I’m playing at the SANKEYS Manchester on a regular basis. David is great to work with.

Who is involved in booking the New York based DJs and how is the talent selected?

Antonio Piacquadio: That’s a collaborative effort between David and myself. We will both be making decisions regarding the talent buying for the SANKEYS NYC venue.

Your residency at SANKEYS begins this month. Can you tell us how this came about?

Antonio Piacquadio: David was with me while I made a track in the studio in New York earlier this year, soup to nuts in less than three hours. He was so impressed that he asked me to come and play a gig this September with The Martinez Brothers. He enjoyed my set and he asked me to become a resident. He told me that he believed in me as an artist and wanted to help build my career on the other side of the pond. I was flattered that he truly felt me as an artist, and of course, I accepted without flinching.

Will you be relocating to the UK temporarily or traveling for each performance?

Antonio Piacquadio: No, I’m based in New York City. There’s something called airplanes, so I’ll be traveling to the UK for my Manchester gigs. [laughs] I need to be in New York.

I understand that you and working on opening a SANKEYS in New York. Can you provide more insight on that?

Antonio Piacquadio: The space is leased and the Community Board has approved all licenses and we are on our way. I would say early-2011 is a safe bet.

What is your vision for SANKEYS NYC?

Antonio Piacquadio: To bring the flavor of SANKEYS to NYC. It will be about the music and dancing, and not about bottles and models. We want you there for the music, not for the scene.

Can you tell us about any of the proposed amenities for the club?

Antonio Piacquadio: A lot of this is still top secret, but I will tell you that the soundsystem will be the best that any DJ has ever heard in their life! We are using high-fidelity technology that has never been used in a nightclub atmosphere before.

What elements will separate SANKEYS from every other electronic music venue in New York?

Antonio Piacquadio: All of it! The attitude and the vibe will be completely different from anything that’s going in New York right now. You will have to see for yourselves.

What type of patrons do you hope to attract?

Antonio Piacquadio: Cool party people who are there for two things: the music, and the party! Also, if you don’t know whom the DJ is, go somewhere else. SANKEYS NYC will be a music-lover’s club for the savviest of music connoisseur. It’s not for poseurs.

How do you hope to deliver the Manchester SANKEYS experience to New Yorkers?

Antonio Piacquadio: I come from the background of [legendary New York clubs] Twilo, Tunnel, Palladium, Limelight and Sound Factory. Those venues actually inspired the SANKEYS in Manchester. It’s come full circle. This is what I know how to do best.

How do you intend on applying your previous experience working at Palladium, Tunnel, Limelight, Roxy, among others to this new venue?

Antonio Piacquadio: By taking my experience and my memories and putting a 2011 technological twist on the whole thing to bring you an insane venue the likes of which NYC has never seen or heard.

Which genres of music will be venue be hosting?

Antonio Piacquadio: It depends on the night. It could be any genre, really, within the dance realm, but the main nights will be mostly techno, tech house, and house. We will focus on any artist that can make a dance floor gyrate. That is the most important thing.

Being that the venue is two floors do you plan on having two simultaneous events occurring at a given time?

Antonio Piacquadio: This is definitely an option on some nights. But it may not be an “every night” situation.

Do you have any other comments for our readers?

Antonio Piacquadio: Get ready for a nightclubbing experience that will be truly unique to Manhattan.

http://www.sankeys.info

Old Post Oct-29-2010 02:34  United States
MeLLyMeL
I miss my best friend :(

Am I blind? Where the hell is SUPER 8 & TAB

Near to me

R.I.P. DarkAngel 12-16-o9

Old Post Oct-29-2010 13:59 
Click Here to See the Profile for MeLLyMeL Click here to Send MeLLyMeL a Private Message Visit MeLLyMeL's homepage! Add MeLLyMeL to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
euphoria

quote:
Originally posted by MeLLyMeL
Am I blind? Where the hell is SUPER 8 & TAB

Posting it tonight. I still have to finish transcribing the audio. They have heavy accents so it's not that easy

I need to learn more languages lol

Old Post Oct-29-2010 14:02  United States

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - New York > Euphoria's Interview Thread (Updates: Funkerman, Daniel Wanrooy, Redroche, Kyau & Albert)
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (14): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackHelp ID SICK Tracks! PLZ [2007] [0]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackE-Craig - "The Beat Goes On" [2004]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread