Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > Breaking Bad
Pages (57): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Redd
decent idiot

who cares about the point if that's it

Klangkarussell - Sternenkinder

Old Post Sep-04-2013 14:38  Norway
Click Here to See the Profile for Redd Click here to Send Redd a Private Message Add Redd to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
intoxicatedone
tranceaddict in training

I think gradually from season 1 where we're supposed to sympathize with Walt, the series has shifted to the opposite, poisoning the child, killing Mike, etc........ prehaps this gives us a clue to the ending,

Old Post Sep-04-2013 14:38  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for intoxicatedone Click here to Send intoxicatedone a Private Message Add intoxicatedone to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Redd
decent idiot

didn't the director say he wanted to see how far he could push it before people started disliking Walt?

I don't dislike him, I feel sorry for him most of the time. But once in a while he's awesome.

Old Post Sep-04-2013 14:40  Norway
Click Here to See the Profile for Redd Click here to Send Redd a Private Message Add Redd to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
srussell0018
Chaostician

How could you possibly feel sorry for him?

Old Post Sep-04-2013 15:13  Ireland
Click Here to See the Profile for srussell0018 Click here to Send srussell0018 a Private Message Add srussell0018 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
ziptnf
Programming your future

I still root for Walt. The brilliant thing about this show is that "the point" could be a number of things. Standing up and beating your chest saying "you're missing the point if you feel this way about character X" is fucking retarded, because this show is so open-ended that any one person could feel multiple ways about the characters. The number of situations they've all been put in, and the way they've responded cause conflicting feelings in almost every case.

Set Archive | TA DJ Challenge

Old Post Sep-04-2013 15:44 
Click Here to See the Profile for ziptnf Click here to Send ziptnf a Private Message Visit ziptnf's homepage! Add ziptnf to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Halcyon+On+On
Liebchen

Nono, there has to be a cogent point in the end. Nevermind the whole uncertainty principle that has permeated the entire show thus far.

Old Post Sep-04-2013 15:48 
Click Here to See the Profile for Halcyon+On+On Click here to Send Halcyon+On+On a Private Message Add Halcyon+On+On to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
srussell0018
Chaostician

If you sympathize with Walt at this point there's something wrong with you. He either needs to go to prison or die to get what he deserves.

Old Post Sep-04-2013 15:51  Ireland
Click Here to See the Profile for srussell0018 Click here to Send srussell0018 a Private Message Add srussell0018 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Dykes_on_Jay
Ape me.

The point where Jessie states that no one is lucky like Mr. White, and the bald dude mistaken for a hitman when he was only picking up his daughter tells me that White wins.

Old Post Sep-04-2013 16:09  China
Click Here to See the Profile for Dykes_on_Jay Click here to Send Dykes_on_Jay a Private Message Visit Dykes_on_Jay's homepage! Add Dykes_on_Jay to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Redd
decent idiot

hah, I guess there is something wrong with me.

I really don't care for black and white, and neither does this story. I like him for his decisiveness, ruthless and 'evil' as he might be. If you want to translate that to me having any of his traits in real life, or any other pseudo psychological bullshit, go ahead.

I always rooted for Jerry and hated Tom with a vengeance. Fuck that mouse.

Old Post Sep-04-2013 16:10  Norway
Dykes_on_Jay
Ape me.

He is the Tony Montana of the cancer generation.

Old Post Sep-04-2013 16:45  China
Click Here to See the Profile for Dykes_on_Jay Click here to Send Dykes_on_Jay a Private Message Visit Dykes_on_Jay's homepage! Add Dykes_on_Jay to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
simplcake
tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by srussell0018
If you sympathize with Walt at this point there's something wrong with you. He either needs to go to prison or die to get what he deserves.

why so serious? weren't you the shitbag who denounced and criticized the show before you even watched the first episode?

so don't tell people how to feel about a certain character you pathetic fool because your sense of judgment went out of the window on 4th page of this thread

Old Post Sep-04-2013 16:59 
Click Here to See the Profile for simplcake Click here to Send simplcake a Private Message Add simplcake to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
ziptnf
Programming your future

quote:
Originally posted by srussell0018

This is where your argument is failing: you're assuming that if someone feels a certain way (out of many possibilities) that there's something wrong with them. Is this the first show you've seen where the main character engages in crime-related activity or does something or multiple things that are immoral? This whole show has been a struggle with Walter trying to separate his own personality between that of Heisenberg's (see Hal's reference to the uncertainty principle) and his attempt to keep his family in tact, which was the goal in the first place. People can either choose to root for him, or against them, and the entire purpose of the show is to create those conflicting feelings. SEE AGAIN: Uncertainty principle.

Set Archive | TA DJ Challenge

Old Post Sep-04-2013 17:02 
Click Here to See the Profile for ziptnf Click here to Send ziptnf a Private Message Visit ziptnf's homepage! Add ziptnf to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > Breaking Bad
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (57): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackID please played by pvd [2005] [2]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackPOS - "Remember" (Summer Sun) [2002]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread