Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > Production Studio > This is the most awkward thing I think I've ever witnessed. Idk how to feel.
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Seandroid
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by Looney4Clooney
The severity is often hard to see from the outside. There are people that have to learn all their social cues and if you are unfortunate enough that you have parents that don't realize your condition and miss the vital treatment that works only when you are really young. I think he is aware that he has issues and sometimes it is just easier to hide under your condition and since there is this assume idiot savant relationship which is rare but somehow assumed to be the norm for high functioning ASD, he plays the savant part and he does it in a way that annoys people.

He does seem to have a lot of fans and although I am sure they are al raver misfits, I don't think yiu get the sort of die hard fans he has by being an asshole.

And as easy as it seems to you, things don't translate. You know because yu went to a school were being weird got your ass kicked. Imagine a homeschooled guy who played commuter his entire life.

I just don't think being weird in this way is really ammunition for insults. Given the fact he has autism and that nobody really knows how bad, it seems pointless and kinda unfair. He isn't a dick. His fans apparently think he is nice and doesn't act famous .

And sure, some people do or at least appear to but you aren't privy to that.maybe the person has tried his entire life and at a certain point , you get tired of issuing people off and since yiur intention is not to piss people off, after years and years of trying and failing, you just say fuck it, and use the disorder as a warning, I might piss you off type thing.

I think that he has probably suffered more than we think and maybe accept his claim which one really doesn't want people to know about, and give him a wide birth. clearly he isn't functioning on the same level in certain areas.

I know you get all ayn rand when it comes to this sort of stuff.

This is a great post!

And I agree! As I said, the reason I found it painful to watch is the fact that he decked out his synths with skins of naked women and kept saying kind of douchebaggy sexist things and called major keys "gay" at one point. It seemed immature, at the very least.

But I've read that people who are spectrum sort of pick and choose personality traits that they think they're "supposed" to have. (which is something I sympathize with) If that's the case with Savant, his behaviour makes more sense to me.

Download my song Survive or I'll cut your ass.

Old Post Apr-06-2014 06:24  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Seandroid Click here to Send Seandroid a Private Message Visit Seandroid's homepage! Add Seandroid to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Looney4Clooney
Supreme tranceaddict

I don't think he would be so down with ravers if he had issues against the gauches. I mean his music is pretty campy. And using the word gay when you are a part of that generation just isn't the same. Sure he ios older but he clearly has a bit of mj never land syndrome going on. Blanket!!!

Old Post Apr-06-2014 11:57 
Click Here to See the Profile for Looney4Clooney Click here to Send Looney4Clooney a Private Message Add Looney4Clooney to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DJ RANN
Supreme tranceaddict

Lol, some good posts form you two regarding this, but being weird is no reason for insults; we're all fucking weird. We all have idiosyncrasies and to anyone else they appear completely alien.

The reasons you state of him hiding behind a disorder was exactly what i was getting at - I have a lot of sympathy for people with behavioral disorders, but not when they use it as license to behave like a twat.

My problem with him in this respect is that it's a costume. To me, dressing in a vest and hat for a music production video is like wearing a giant pink banana outfit to a board meeting. Sure, maybe it got to the point where he said fuck it, I'll wear it like a badge as I'm bored of trying to assimilate but again, that's a choice not an affliction, so gloves off and the rules are still the same regardless of if you have a condition or not.

I will say he's got some talents, a loyal fan base and I'm sure he's a nice guy. I just don't have time for fake people.

And this is coming from someone who lives in Hollywood.

Old Post Apr-08-2014 20:55 
Click Here to See the Profile for DJ RANN Click here to Send DJ RANN a Private Message Add DJ RANN to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Looney4Clooney
Supreme tranceaddict

But the issue is that he doesn't realize he has insulted people until after the fact. So to you, he is hiding bends his disorder, to him, maybe he can only explain the disconnect by saying I have this disorder. Imagine having a Rosetta Stone that was slightly off. Now after certain amount of conversations, you. Realize that people tend to get angry and you don't get it. You try to understand what it is, and after a while, y can either accept that you are an asshole which requires certain intentions or that your Rosetta Stone is shit.

And to have autism and get along in e real world, you have to be fake. There is nothing wrong with the brain. You adapt and that is to it's core faking so you are perceived to be normal.

Old Post Apr-08-2014 21:02 
Click Here to See the Profile for Looney4Clooney Click here to Send Looney4Clooney a Private Message Add Looney4Clooney to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
optik
Supreme tranceaddict

i thought it was rather good =)

Old Post Apr-18-2014 22:28  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for optik Click here to Send optik a Private Message Visit optik's homepage! Add optik to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Evolve140
Only Sidechaining a Bit

fuckin videogame sound FX music lol

Old Post Apr-21-2014 01:32 
Click Here to See the Profile for Evolve140 Click here to Send Evolve140 a Private Message Add Evolve140 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Vida1003
Junior tranceaddict

The guy has mental issues just like all of us. He probably has had to endure a lot in his life and uses his music and this persona as a costume to hide what he's going through and his inability to express it. I have severe depression and I too have a persona that I hide behind. I act like a know it all at work and while I'm playing MMO's online because in real life I feel inadequate and because of my depression it is hard if not impossible for me not to feel that way.So I understand this guy and I try to understand everyone and If I Can't I just turn my head but I'm not about to judge anyone.

All that said,he's an intersting guy,I'd hangout with him. Hell of a lot more intersting than the tanned muscle headed tool's you find at places like Ultra Music Festival. What's cool about the world Is that everyone is not the same.

Old Post Apr-24-2014 02:46  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Vida1003 Click here to Send Vida1003 a Private Message Add Vida1003 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > Production Studio > This is the most awkward thing I think I've ever witnessed. Idk how to feel.
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackNice Progressive with Dreamy Vocals [2006] [2]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackJames Holden - "Nothing (93 Returning Mix)" [2003]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread