Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > I <3 CZ
Pages (57): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Forever Forward
Supreme tranceaddict

Thanks for the reply. I made a mistake though. I was thinking of next Sunday (the 20th). By the way, what's cover?

Old Post Mar-14-2011 03:24  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Forever Forward Click here to Send Forever Forward a Private Message Add Forever Forward to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
kotsy

quote:
Originally posted by Forever Forward
Thanks for the reply. I made a mistake though. I was thinking of next Sunday (the 20th). By the way, what's cover?

I may or may not be there for my birthday as well. Cover is $20

Download my latest podcast or go to hell

Old Post Mar-14-2011 08:22  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for kotsy Click here to Send kotsy a Private Message Add kotsy to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
kotsy

*waits for chinamon*

Old Post May-29-2011 00:06  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for kotsy Click here to Send kotsy a Private Message Add kotsy to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Jay Leno
Supreme tranceaddict

Old Post May-29-2011 01:45  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Jay Leno Click here to Send Jay Leno a Private Message Add Jay Leno to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Prometheus Xex
Still alive.

quote:
Originally posted by kotsy

*waits for chinamon*

Me too.

Actually I'm waiting for the "self promoting prick" comment. Too awesome.

Last edited by Prometheus Xex on May-29-2011 at 02:23

Old Post May-29-2011 02:17  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Prometheus Xex Click here to Send Prometheus Xex a Private Message Visit Prometheus Xex's homepage! Add Prometheus Xex to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Halycon
Epicsketch Inc.

i dont know why....I'm not a fan of this place any more....i guess i miss the old zone too much

remember: DO*EPIC*SHIT! always
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://twibbon.com/embed/Daffodil-Month-2012"></script>

Old Post May-29-2011 03:05  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Halycon Click here to Send Halycon a Private Message Visit Halycon's homepage! Add Halycon to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
PurpleHaze
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Halycon
i dont know why....I'm not a fan of this place any more....i guess i miss the old zone too much

I agree with you ... Zone pre-2008 was seriously the bomb and can never/will never be touched! I had absolutely no worry walking down there, you knew what to expect and that's what you got...

Now - I don't like that slight 'uneasy' feel that something might happen. Sure, you lose that feeling while there for a bit but it'll never have the same feel.

Entrena afternoons??? Honestly he was the ONLY international DJ that actually ripped that dungeon apart...coupled with D-unity?? Aug 2007...

It has it's moments but I'll always cherish those pre-2008 days. As I'm sure some of you veterans can say that it was even better when it was called "Buzz"

Old Post May-29-2011 04:09  Romania
Click Here to See the Profile for PurpleHaze Click here to Send PurpleHaze a Private Message Add PurpleHaze to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
The Rattler
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by PurpleHaze
I agree with you ... Zone pre-2008 was seriously the bomb and can never/will never be touched! I had absolutely no worry walking down there, you knew what to expect and that's what you got...

Now - I don't like that slight 'uneasy' feel that something might happen. Sure, you lose that feeling while there for a bit but it'll never have the same feel.

Entrena afternoons??? Honestly he was the ONLY international DJ that actually ripped that dungeon apart...coupled with D-unity?? Aug 2007...

It has it's moments but I'll always cherish those pre-2008 days. As I'm sure some of you veterans can say that it was even better when it was called "Buzz"

What do you mean by slightly uneasy feeling that something might happen?

I've never been to Zone until this year so I never experienced the glory days.

Old Post May-29-2011 15:41  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for The Rattler Click here to Send The Rattler a Private Message Add The Rattler to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Halycon
Epicsketch Inc.

quote:
Originally posted by The Rattler
What do you mean by slightly uneasy feeling that something might happen?

I've never been to Zone until this year so I never experienced the glory days.

Well forone upon entering.. you couldnt see shit. and even after your eyes adjusted, you looked towards the back couches from the middle walk way, and it was just dark. so you never knew really what was to be expected if you headed that way or what may be headed your way. the silver dollar patio show is missed as well, and the many shenanigans that came about. like the ill fated patio bbq

the bouncers also seems alittle more in tune to what was going on. they didn't need to be told about a zombie on the dancefloor about to crumple. said unfortunate perosn would've been noticed already and at least two bouncers would be keepin an eye on them.

they boys from gangtsa row are missed as well wether doin buisness or just shootin the shit. they were wikkid guyz

remember: DO*EPIC*SHIT! always
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://twibbon.com/embed/Daffodil-Month-2012"></script>

Last edited by Halycon on May-29-2011 at 20:17

Old Post May-29-2011 20:10  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Halycon Click here to Send Halycon a Private Message Visit Halycon's homepage! Add Halycon to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
kotsy

I miss old zone too. I really wish they'd make it as dark as it used to be but I'm sure it's probably a legal issue.

I feel the opposite of how Stefan feels. I liked that uneasy feeling I got when walking in (pre-2008). I remember avoiding the chinatown washrooms because I felt like I wasn't allowed to be in that area and if I did use them I'd walk through the crowd as fast as possible with my head down. When I go to zone now I feel way too comfortable... like it's a 2nd home :s Having that slight nervousness while you partied was part of the experience to me. It added to the feeling in the back of your head telling you that you're somewhere where you shouldn't be and that you should've been in bed hours and hours ago.

I'm a hypocrite for saying this because I wear a couple of custom made zone shirts but CZ lost a lot of it's underground feel when they started selling t-shirts and bracelets.

It was depressing to be there the morning of Victoria Day and the place wasn't even close to be rammed. Remember when it used to be like that every sunday with huge lineups outside until at least 9am??

I don't get why Entrena (or any other big guest djs) are very rarely brought in unless it's a long weekend.

Times change, I guess. Long live the glory days. Hell, I feel like I missed most of them by only going from 2007 onwards.

Old Post Jun-09-2011 06:03  Canada
Cribby
Dapper Disco Dino

quote:
Originally posted by PurpleHaze

+ 1 on all aspects

Every Eric Entrenna zone day was a memorable one. I feel like any church outings I've been to over the past few years have been predictable and forgetful most of the time. Halloween @ cz is still GTs though.

Back then I wouldn't go upstairs as much, if ever. Now I'm always excited for it to be 11 am and find myself wanting to cool off up there for a good chunk of the day.

Old Post Jun-09-2011 13:48  Portugal
Click Here to See the Profile for Cribby Click here to Send Cribby a Private Message Visit Cribby's homepage! Add Cribby to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Jay Leno
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by kotsy
It was depressing to be there the morning of Victoria Day and the place wasn't even close to be rammed.

Easter was even worse. I've been really disappointed with the turn out the last few long weekends. The vibe just isn't the same when it's dead.

I doubt I'll go back anytime soon. Cribby is right though, Halloween is a different story. Hopefully that won't go downhill this year as well.

Old Post Jun-09-2011 14:44  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Jay Leno Click here to Send Jay Leno a Private Message Add Jay Leno to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > I <3 CZ
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (57): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackWHo made this track and what is it called? [2003] [1]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackHigh Fidelity - "No Good to Me" (Original Mix) [2002]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread