Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - New York > Enter District 36
Pages (75): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
euphoria

We can hope that the crowd is good, but saying that my money is better than your money just because I dress nicer is kinda discrimination
I don't have a problem with anyone that has respect. I've actually met some really nice guidos before

Being selective at the door promotes a sense of exclusivity to the club, however if it can be considered discrimination then it is grounds for a lawsuit. For example...allegedly Greenhouse got sued for not letting in overweight women and African Americans. As a new club I doubt they want that kind of attention.

Old Post Oct-15-2010 15:56  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for euphoria Click here to Send euphoria a Private Message Visit euphoria's homepage! Add euphoria to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Neonbeats
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by jashic
Jesus. All of you are a bunch of elitests no different than the door people at Marquee.

I only have one requirement. Be yourself and come as you are.

Let's relax there. To get in places like marquee you need to roll in with girls and buy bottles. We're talking about keeping the pacha crowd out. Simple guidelines like no bedazzled jeans is not elitest marquee, its not wanting to be around the same people that ruined pacha.

Old Post Oct-15-2010 16:00  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Neonbeats Click here to Send Neonbeats a Private Message Add Neonbeats to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
EarnYourKeep
LIT

quote:
Originally posted by pyro264jb
lol... I took alot of pills back in those days so Im probably a bit off on this point hehe

but I am sure of this

twilo did reject certain people at the door. I hope district goes that route and keeps this place filled with the "right" kind of patrons

John, Twilo didn't have a dresscode, they had an unplugged metal detector and would do the "everyone from here to over here, get off the line and go to the end" or the "everyone in this section of the stairs, please get up and get out"

I've visited twilo in board shorts and flip flops, no lies.

Old Post Oct-15-2010 16:18 
Click Here to See the Profile for EarnYourKeep Click here to Send EarnYourKeep a Private Message Visit EarnYourKeep's homepage! Add EarnYourKeep to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Blake
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by jashic
Jesus. All of you are a bunch of elitests no different than the door people at Marquee.

I only have one requirement. Be yourself and come as you are.

Do you really believe your own statement here?
Does D36 really need to be packed with cracked out Chinese?

quote:
Originally posted by Neonbeats
bedazzled

lulz

Old Post Oct-15-2010 16:48  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Blake Click here to Send Blake a Private Message Add Blake to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
EarnYourKeep
LIT

the dresscode should be,

- no button down and shoes
- no tucked in polo shirts
- no christian audiger, ed hardy, or anything that has been bedazzled
- no bottle service

now that will fuck peoples up lmao...in order to get in you have to look like a scrub

Old Post Oct-15-2010 16:53 
Click Here to See the Profile for EarnYourKeep Click here to Send EarnYourKeep a Private Message Visit EarnYourKeep's homepage! Add EarnYourKeep to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
EarnYourKeep
LIT

you ever get the response "go home and change and come back, will let you right in" - imagine the faces on the amateur hour bridge and tunnel who come to the city to 'party' at the most popping clubs lol I'd pay to see that being said to people as they are getting kicked off the line LMAO

Old Post Oct-15-2010 16:57 
AMMORA
are u Listed?

look bottom line, we're adults...and unfortunately in this community of electronic music, not everyone ACTS like an adult and instead goes out, thinking its a sport to drink as much Patron as possible, harass females to the point of creeper-status, and fist-pump their sweat all over everyone...while dressing like a bunch of ass-clowns that completely stereotype and generalize the whole group making the environment SUCK--this has been the downfall of just about EVERY major club in this country!
Its not too much to ask for a REAL club to go to in order to enjoy the music we all love and bring some big name DJs...instead of a tent or empty warehouse for an underground party that has to be kept secret until 20 minutes before it starts to keep the above mentioned ass-clowns OUT! Call it an elitist attitude if you want, but I don't think its too much to ask for a comfortable spot, drama free, and all about the music.

there comes a time when the operation of the machine is so odious that you cannot even tacitly participate. you've got to place your bodies on the gears, the wheels, all the mechanism. you've got to indicate to those who own it and those who run it, that unless you are free, the machine will be prevented from working at all.

Old Post Oct-15-2010 16:58  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for AMMORA Click here to Send AMMORA a Private Message Add AMMORA to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
edge007
Senior tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Blake

lulz

I do agree though the asian populaition ruins it with there cracked out looks. But hey I look asian, but in more technical terms, im filipino and we always get pushed to that side, which really sucks. Im there to enjoy the music I just hope ppl dont stereotype that...

Old Post Oct-15-2010 18:20  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for edge007 Click here to Send edge007 a Private Message Visit edge007's homepage! Add edge007 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
edge007
Senior tranceaddict

quote:

lulz

I do agree though the asian populaition ruins it with there cracked out looks. But hey I look asian, but in more technical terms, im filipino and we always get pushed to that side, which really sucks. Im there to enjoy the music I just hope ppl dont stereotype that...

Old Post Oct-15-2010 18:20  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for edge007 Click here to Send edge007 a Private Message Visit edge007's homepage! Add edge007 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Chaska
Techno Addict

Now word is it's opening halloween weekend (Thursday).

Old Post Oct-15-2010 20:49  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Chaska Click here to Send Chaska a Private Message Add Chaska to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
AY STAR
let the music use you up

quote:
Originally posted by get nyce
you ever get the response "go home and change and come back, will let you right in" - imagine the faces on the amateur hour bridge and tunnel who come to the city to 'party' at the most popping clubs lol I'd pay to see that being said to people as they are getting kicked off the line LMAO

back at sound factory like 10 years ago paris used to reject people all the time
in fact during halloween if you didnt show up in a costume you didnt get in and during the toy drive if you didnt show up with a toy you didnt get in either

i mean dress code wise as long as you dont look like you just crawled out of a hamper or look over the top gweedo'd out i dont really care what you wear just as long as you respect the people around you

Old Post Oct-15-2010 22:49  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for AY STAR Click here to Send AY STAR a Private Message Add AY STAR to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
jashic
Senior tranceaddict

quote:

lulz

So tell me how you'll enforce your door policy on cracked out Chinese?

No asians and italians? Maybe throw in african americans for good measure?

Ok, maybe you'll be more selective than that. You'll somehow come up with a way to determine which asian is going to be cracked out and which italian is a fist pumper. Maybe by how chinky the eyes are and how bulging the biceps are?

I get what you're saying. There's GOT to be a door policy of some sort, but it gets dicey. Twilo at some point starting pushing out the cracked out chinese. Then it made the papers and a lawsuit on racial discrimination. Then the cops came in and the place got additional attention on top of the already outrageous attention it already had.

It all adds up to a lot of noise and suddenly, you have a Marquee door policy.

Old Post Oct-15-2010 23:27  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for jashic Click here to Send jashic a Private Message Add jashic to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - New York > Enter District 36
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (75): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbacktrack i.d. #2 [2005] [1]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackKatana - "Fancy Fair" [2002]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread