Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > How Do You Become A Moderator?
Pages (5): « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
meriter
-

Old Post Aug-19-2012 18:50 
Click Here to See the Profile for meriter Click here to Send meriter a Private Message Add meriter to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
rdevito
Controlling Paradox

Old Post Aug-19-2012 18:58  Brazil
Click Here to See the Profile for rdevito Click here to Send rdevito a Private Message Add rdevito to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Lira
Ancient BassAddict

quote:
Originally posted by rdevito
I'm curious: What's the story behind the moderators of this forum? How did you become one?

Oh, hai!

It happened some years after the turn of the millennium. Everybody was happy and excited about the dawn of a new era, and there were different threads trying to gather people to create loads of regional forums. There was one for Spain, one for Portugal, one for South America, one for New Mexico, one for Central America, one for Ibiza, and one for a drunken Chinese guy lost in Macao.

I then convinced everyone that it would be better if we all joined forces and created just one or two regional forums, and I then had to take care of the mess since I was the one to blame for that (and could speak both languages at the time). I would mow the lawn on Thursdays, and take out the trash every Saturday. Eventually I had to dispose the body of the drunken Chinese guy from Macao, as he had insulted some Chinese officials.

In order to deal with this international crisis, I took care of the PDD, and... yeah, that's pretty much my story.
quote:
And how the 'recruiting' works?

You're usually chosen by public acclaim (regional forums often have polls for moderators), resourcefulness, and whether or not the person is trustworthy.
quote:
It's about what: being a nice guy, help people, Swamper's friend, money contribution, musical knowledge or having a big file host for our mixes ?

I've never met Swamper in my life, but I did have to send him naked pics for security reason. Or so I heard.

As for my musical knowledge, I knew a fair deal about electronic music until a few years after I became a moderator, but I eventually had to stop arsing about and had to study for my actual job instead. Also, tranceaddict does not support file sharing.

Old Post Aug-19-2012 19:28  Brazil
Click Here to See the Profile for Lira Click here to Send Lira a Private Message Visit Lira's homepage! Add Lira to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Intellekshual
tranceaddict in training

I have it on good authority that being passionate about birds and big-breasted birds is mandatory. I don't see anyone but Stu and Lira being suitable for moderating these forums.

Old Post Aug-19-2012 19:54  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Intellekshual Click here to Send Intellekshual a Private Message Add Intellekshual to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
EddieZilker
This is the dance.

I can tell you, but first you must do the following to prepare for the penultimate transmogrification between the fifth and seventh bardo of evolutionary consciousness. If you haven't started your journey, I highly recommend purchasing The Secret by Rhonda Byrne. Read it and Melody Beattie's book, Codependent no More, while listening to Lost Tribe's "Gamemaster", on repeat, through a large-venue, JBL commercial PA installation.

It is important for you to alternate between each page of both books, for this to take effect. As you collate their pages, allow them to form a new set of instructions - made larger than the sum of their parts by your unholy fusion of self-help literature - that you must follow. Do this in one sitting with no food or water. Do not sleep until you are finished.

Once you have made manifest, through the law of attraction, a loveless, passionless, and meaningless relationship with a nurturing, helpful, and ultimately selfless, Range Rover salesman, you are ready to move onto the first step for obtaining moderating privileges.

You will need the following:

1. Fifty five-gallon buckets of commercial-fisherman grade chum
2. A trampoline
3. An above-ground, kidney shaped pool with at least 15,000 gallons of water and walls no higher than the height of the trampoline.
4. Duct tape
5. One abandoned industrial lot having a twenty-five-foot privacy fence and 10,000 square feet of warehouse space.
6. One football helmet
7. A cubit by cubit recreation of the Ark of the Convenant as it is described, in the Bible's Old Testament.

As soon as you have one through six, I might be able to send you #7, provided you can spring for shipping.

Now with extra singles!
my old stuff, not quite up to snuff - but I still dig it - UPDATED 9/23/2012

Old Post Aug-19-2012 20:25  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for EddieZilker Click here to Send EddieZilker a Private Message Visit EddieZilker's homepage! Add EddieZilker to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Joss Weatherby
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by OrangestO
Yea, it's called banging your mom.

Thats actually not that much of a competition...

If she was in the olympics she'd be expelled for failing to compete and letting everyone win all over her.

Old Post Aug-19-2012 20:37 
Click Here to See the Profile for Joss Weatherby Click here to Send Joss Weatherby a Private Message Visit Joss Weatherby's homepage! Add Joss Weatherby to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Intellekshual
tranceaddict in training

'Mom insults' are so fucking lame and tasteless. Everyone who insults someone else's mother in an effort to hurt the person can eat a fucking bag of dicks. Idiots.

Old Post Aug-19-2012 20:41  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Intellekshual Click here to Send Intellekshual a Private Message Add Intellekshual to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Coup
Retired

Years ago Tranceaddict had a chat room and a lot of the mods talked to Swamper most days in chat. I originally became mod of polls, then COR and MD, then Florida, then supermod, then admin entirely.

Swamper was/is quite reluctant to add new mods and I used to badger the fuck out of him for new mods. I think I got narcism, FallingMoon, Lira, Lucid, Allied Nations and montana into mod positions, most of which came about because they used the chat room or I spoke to them on msn/icq.

All so long ago now!

quote:
Do mods get paid? Perks?

If not, anyone wanting to be one must be a loser with too much time on his or her hands.

When I was a mod Tranceaddict was a lot more popular than it is now and when I used to go clubbing people were like "wow, you're a mod on tranceaddict". I didn't get any sex from it though.

Last edited by Coup on Aug-19-2012 at 21:17

Old Post Aug-19-2012 21:08  England
Click Here to See the Profile for Coup Click here to Send Coup a Private Message Add Coup to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
OrangestO
–30–

quote:
Originally posted by Intellekshual
'Mom insults' are so fucking lame and tasteless. Everyone who insults someone else's mother in an effort to hurt the person can eat a fucking bag of dicks. Idiots.

Your lover is lame and tasteless then, as well.

Old Post Aug-19-2012 22:04 
Click Here to See the Profile for OrangestO Click here to Send OrangestO a Private Message Add OrangestO to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Mattsanity.
Supreme tranceaddict

I'm glad TA has no neo nazi mods. From my experience on other forums, what would be considered a slap on the wrist is a permanent ban.

Old Post Aug-19-2012 23:16  South Korea
Click Here to See the Profile for Mattsanity. Click here to Send Mattsanity. a Private Message Add Mattsanity. to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Halcyon+On+On
Liebchen

quote:
Your lover is lame and tasteless then, as well.

At least I got a back of tasty dicks out of it.

Old Post Aug-19-2012 23:22 
Click Here to See the Profile for Halcyon+On+On Click here to Send Halcyon+On+On a Private Message Add Halcyon+On+On to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Halcyon+On+On
Liebchen

quote:
Originally posted by Mattsanity.
I'm glad TA has no neo nazi mods. From my experience on other forums, what would be considered a slap on the wrist is a permanent ban.

Mattsanity for TA mod!

Old Post Aug-19-2012 23:23 
Click Here to See the Profile for Halcyon+On+On Click here to Send Halcyon+On+On a Private Message Add Halcyon+On+On to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > How Do You Become A Moderator?
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (5): « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbacksounds like pryda, what is it? [2006] [5]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackSisko - Light Over Me (Gate Of Light Mix) [2002]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread