Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Promotion > Jack Moss - Welcome To The Future [Progressive]
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

Jack Moss - Welcome To The Future [Progressive]

01. Nanoplex - Room 101 (James Monro Remix) [Iboga]
02. Denis A - Black Sun (Guy Mantzur & Sahar Z Remix) [Dar]
03. Habischman - Moan [Knee Deep In Sound]
04. Orsen - Cloudspotting [Sudbeat]
05. Pardon Moi - Power to the People (Damon Jee Remix) [Roam]
06. Andrea Giudice - Ki Ke (Habischman Remix) [NONSTOP]
07. Planisphere - Memento [Bonzai]
08. Montel - First Light [Bedrock]
09. Dusky - Bowed [17 Steps]
10. Kobana - Together (Nikko.Z Remix) [Proton]
11. Jackie Mayden - Raver Crystals (Kastis Torrau Remix) [90watts]
12. Guy J - Algorithm (Henry Saiz Remix) [Sudbeat]
13. Christian Smith - Traction (Paride Saraceni Remix) [Tronic]
14. D-Nox & Beckers - Forbidden History [Plattenbank]
15. Way Out West - Tuesday Maybe (Guy J Remix) [Anjunadeep]
16. Wally Lopez - Sphera (Steve Parry Remix) [Selador]

This was recorded live on new year's eve at a house party in Manchester. As it was NYE and something of a celebratory event, I basically decided to play a lot of my favourite tracks of 2017, along with a few relative oldies that I've pulled back into the box recently. For anyone who thinks modern progressive house is too floaty and pretty, I do hope you give this set a listen.

> Rough & Ready [Modern Trance]
>A Different Energy [Good Modern Trance]
> The Edale Mix [Panoramic Beats]

Old Post Jan-13-2018 21:07  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Syntonic
Artcore Addict

Knowing more than half of the tracks here, should be a fun listen.

Kudos on the Orsen track, been a recent favorite as well.

Old & New Electronic Music Channel
Soundcloud Mixes

Old Post Jan-14-2018 01:22  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Syntonic Click here to Send Syntonic a Private Message Add Syntonic to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

Yes, this is very much a "big tunes" set. Some of these, particularly First Light, Raver Crystals and Algorithm, are ones I've had for ages now but have only been playing to myself at home, so I just wanted to have fun throwing them into a set. Cloudpotting is an evil tune.

Old Post Jan-14-2018 01:28  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

Definitely in on this one. Excited!

Old Post Jan-14-2018 02:25 
Add  to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
hoopoe
tranceaddict

Will be giving this one a listen at a suitable opportunity

Old Post Jan-17-2018 00:10 
Click Here to See the Profile for hoopoe Click here to Send hoopoe a Private Message Add hoopoe to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Deeve
Senior tranceaddict

Ok tonight is the night I´m finally gonna listen to this one mate. Keep in touch

Old Post Jan-21-2018 17:41  Germany
Click Here to See the Profile for Deeve Click here to Send Deeve a Private Message Visit Deeve's homepage! Add Deeve to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

I'll be interested to know if you enjoy it. This is extremely peak time, and I know you are the dream-weaver supreme.

Old Post Jan-25-2018 21:46  England
Deeve
Senior tranceaddict

Here we go with a quick Deeve review.

While, as the creator of this mix rightfully points out, I´ve recently rather been into Melodic/Dreamy Deep House, you gotta keep in mind where I musically come from in the 90s/early 00s. Which is: Progressive House, the likes of Sasha, Digweed, Deep Dish, Howells, Warren, WoW, Cattaneo, Seaman, Pole Folder etc. You know what I´m talking about.

Hence, I definitely appreciate progressive/peak time sets.

Listening to Welcome to the Future, I was first taken by surprise as the set really takes of at 100% instead of building things up. I acknowledged that and let myself drown into the beats. Then, I noticed that the first tracks don´t only include the dreamy/deep bass sounds of progressive, but also some acid-ish elements - which makes the overall vibe even more peaktime-style. However, I kept on listening further and further as the driving progressive beats already had me. The thing is, the flaw- and seamless mixing made this the often-quoted journey you expect when listening to a DJ set. I listened to this set for the first time together with wifey in an evening/having a drink setting, and then during a home office day while working. While this set is certainly not intended for cozy home settings - it just worked both times. Great programming, flawless mixing, amazing journey. Only thing is that I´d usually expect some kind of build up, be it 1-2 prog break tracks or simply the more moody side of progressive before bangin´ it out. But hey, it depends on the mood and on the type of set you wanna create, so that´s fine.

To sum up, although I usually enjoy listening to slower Deep House sets these days - this was quite a journey, mood-wise taking me back to the early 00s ! Well done Jack. Keep ´em comin´! Cheers mate.

Last edited by Deeve on Jan-27-2018 at 21:18

Old Post Jan-27-2018 20:55  Germany
Click Here to See the Profile for Deeve Click here to Send Deeve a Private Message Visit Deeve's homepage! Add Deeve to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
stealthman
Supreme tranceaddict

fantastic, nice to finally hear some prog with testicles.

Old-School Trance Appreciation Club

and may the PLUR be with you.

Last edited by stealthman on Feb-02-2018 at 12:01

Old Post Feb-02-2018 11:55  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for stealthman Click here to Send stealthman a Private Message Add stealthman to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
JonDC
Supreme tranceaddict

I've listened to this several times now - it's definately amongst your finest mixes! It opens up with a nice tough track and having seen the tracklist prior to listening I was scratching my head thinking 'how are you going to get from this in to a floaty, dreamy number like Black Sun?'. I was really impressed by how smooth the transition was - I would never have thought to put them together but it works like a charm!

I think the run of tracks that follow this is my favourite section of the mix - I urgently crated tracks 3, 4 and 5, and can't wait to play them at my next gig. 'Moan' is a great mix of driving prog beats and handbag house vocals, without getting cheesey, and 'Power To The People' is a sheer genious mix of tough robotic house grooves and an old school trancy lead which had me grinning like an idiot when I first heard it!

The sounds and styles continue to vary nicely but maintaining a really solid flow which never faulters. Was nice to hear you use 'Momento' amongst artists, and that was followed by some more slamming techno tracks.

The mix takes a quick pause for breath with 'Raver Crystals' before slamming in one of the biggest tracks of the mix - the awesome Henry Saiz mix of Guy J - absolutely loved it!

I felt you dialled it down quite nicely after that to set yourself up for the grand finale in the shape of the dark, tribal banger, 'sphera' - a really strong end to a great set

So there you go - I couldn't find a fault with it (and I really do enjoy criticising your work too) ;-) Great job!

Old Post Feb-05-2018 21:17  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for JonDC Click here to Send JonDC a Private Message Add JonDC to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

Cheers guys, much appreciated. I might use "Prog with testicles" as my Soundcloud bio.

quote:
Originally posted by JonDC
(and I really do enjoy criticising your work too) ;-)

Haha. It's rare I get a fault-free Jon Cockle review, so I'll frame this one and hang it over my desk.

From memory, I was originally aiming to finish on Tuesday Maybe, but I'd opted not to play a couple of "maybe" tracks earlier in the set, and so I saw that I had about ten minutes left. Sphera is pretty much ten minutes long, so I went "Fuck it, I'll play that", and the rest is history!

Old Post Feb-07-2018 22:49  England

Hey Jack, I apologize for the very late comment on this mix.

I gotta say, I must have listened to this at least 5 times at my house and a good 10 times at work. From when I downloaded it it was on repeat for a good week.

The transitions were solid, in-key and nothing that detracted from the overall feel of the mix at all. Highlight of the set for me was most definitely Way Out West - Tuesday Maybe (Guy J Remix) [Anjunadeep]... partly because I've also had that tune on repeat ever since it was released

My only complaint with this mix is that I did not feel the last track was warranted. Maybe it was me but I feel as though Tuesday Maybe was the right place to end it. That being said, I understand it was a live mix so it's all good. I probably wouldn't be able to resist playing more either

Old Post Feb-16-2018 03:10 
Add  to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Promotion > Jack Moss - Welcome To The Future [Progressive]
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (2): [1] 2 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackTransmission live Set 7-8-2003 Sydney Mp3 inside [2004] [3]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackTilt - "Invisible" (Lost Tribe Vocal Mix) [2004]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread