Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - Florida > bpm 2015 dates?
Pages (15): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
iLLiE586
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Cool1g
actually last year it wasn't as crowded as there weren't as many people going. It has grown quickly and exponentially.

They are capped out - they can't grow anymore - this is basically it minus a tweak or two.

the shuttle from what i heard only held 14 people and ran every 20 minutes. borderline pointless to wait for that. we took a taxi for 100 pesos ($7 or so) a person to get there...and $20 a person back

I felt like all the big Blue Parrot parties were a complete mess last year, I don't think I was ever able to really enjoy myself in that venue. Coco Maya and Mammitas were the only ones that felt like I could really get into the vibe and have fun. Blue Venado was cool too, but that was only used for one party.

I've heard so many mixed reviews this year, can't say I am really dissapointed that I didn't attend, but I'll still consider it next year. I'll keep it limited to maybe days 3-8 and a bit of tulum, rather than the whole thing though.

Old Post Jan-20-2015 07:57  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for iLLiE586 Click here to Send iLLiE586 a Private Message Add iLLiE586 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
chillenandy321
PARTY!! 8-)

Yeah thinking the same 4-5 days tops next year. Ill buy the 3 day band and maybe one single ticket. Would like to see more culture of Mexico exploring. The one thing that kills me is the terrible sound systems most of the clubs had. Canibal Royale was best sounding during Solomun +1 event. People were covering their ears being close to stage in some matters. If its too loud people back away lol cheez. Glad for high def plugs I brought. Had someone offer me $40 for my set lol

Old Post Jan-20-2015 13:26  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for chillenandy321 Click here to Send chillenandy321 a Private Message Visit chillenandy321's homepage! Add chillenandy321 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Donnie Gryphon

quote:
Originally posted by Cool1g
BPM isn't moving anywhere, people just like to make stuff up I guess.

I personally didn't hear of anything bad happen to anyone I knew. the main issue was so many people this year that a few parties were just too full. We hated Paradise at Blue Venado and skipped Innervisions due to that. Friday night all venues were slammed with lines/occupancy holds. I think a lot of people came down just for the last weekend so it was the busiest then.

Paradise at Blue Venado turned into the jam at 6am, just like every Paradise/Hot Creation party does once it clears out a bit. What jamie did that morning was straight bananas. We were there till 11am.

Solomun +1 was bomb. Ame was dropping heat after heat.

Listed party Wednesday was a really good vibe. Danny Howells was on point.

Circo Loco went to catch Davide and Matthias and once again those two didn't disappoint at all. Not sure what Seth did after that but it wasn't to hot in my opinion.

Rumors at the cenote was a mess. Wantickets put the wrong GPS coordinates to the event. Then we get to the right cenote, not really a cenote and the generator was blown. We headed out to Tulum beach chilled drank and went to the ruins. Headed back to the party at 2pm and it was jumping. The apollonia boys were on point. Groove bombs all day. Gerber had computer issues played a couple tracks. Then dyed and bill patrick went b2b and lit that place up. We left around 10 and bill was just destroying that place by himself.

Hot Creations at La Santenera was rough. MK and Anabel cancelled for "sickness". Lee Foss and wAFF filled in. Well Lee ended up cancelling for being "sick". Downstairs Denney was grooving along nicely proper tunes from the homie. Was looking forward to catching Digitaria live again and they had computer issues so Denney kept going, they couldn't get it fixed and Russ Yallop hopped on and dismantled the building. Upstairs the boy Mark Jenkyns was moving the Terrace along and happy surprise Denney jumped on b2b with him for the last hour or so. Then wAFF got on and just lit it up properly! So good.

Caught Guti pop up in the middle of the street on the way to that party and it was ace.

This Is the End and No.19 musically was bad. Richy Ahmed b2b Lauren Lane was really good and after that just went down hill. I just can't get into Art Department.

Skipped Innervisions on Thursday had a bad feeling about that party and glad I missed. Had a couple friends sit in a Mexican jail for 2 days. They raided that place and searched the majority of Taxis coming out of the venue that morning. Pretty much strip searches from what I heard from my friends.

Vatos Locos was the jump off at Canibal with Martin Buttrich as the special guest. The boys Randy, Chad and David did a stand up b2b2b set and got the party going strong.

Did some super sketchy mexican afterhours and other things lol.

If you go down you gotta make sure you hit this chicken spot on Calle 2 and 20th Ave called Asadero el Pollo. Best chicken I've eaten in my life and you get whole chicken, rice, oninons, salsa, tortillas and a drink for 110 pesos.

Overall, I had a blast there did a bunch of sightseeing the first part in Tulum. Checked out tulum ruins, Coba, Cenotes and a ton of other stuff. All these people that had issues made some bad decisions in Mexico. It's as safe as you make it. Don't walk at night alone, don't do dumb shit and you'll be fine. Our crew didn't have any issues the whole time.

Ear plugs are a must. Those systems are big and not tuned properly all the time. Happy we weren't in Playa the whole time.

Old Post Jan-20-2015 14:42 
Click Here to See the Profile for Donnie Gryphon Click here to Send Donnie Gryphon a Private Message Add Donnie Gryphon to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
PatMcGroin
lost

thanks for all the reviews guys!

Old Post Jan-20-2015 16:14  Germany
Click Here to See the Profile for PatMcGroin Click here to Send PatMcGroin a Private Message Add PatMcGroin to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Faceplant
Supreme tranceaddict

what a crazy weekend i had. Got in town and met up with some friends from mexico who traveled in. They were sketched and said this year was unlike any others. One of our friends phone got taken right out of her pocket book when she was hanging with her other girl while waiting in line for the bathroom. Both of these girls are not american/european looking at all and are actually of mexican decent so it's not like the thiefs were just targeting touristas. super sketchy shit going on everywhere. Ended up loosing my phone in a cab the first night. I actually got tried a few times but working in the the worst hoods in orlando i know how to handle my self fairly well when it comes to people skeming. I personally didn't really have any issues even when it was just me and my lady, even at some very weird after hours spots i went to. I thought mia was weird at 9am but it got nothing on playa.

We ran into ms mada and heard the whole story about what went down at innervisions, I heard there was lots and lots more stuff that didn't gt reported. A friend of a friend lives in playa and was telling me what they heard from the locals and the municipal federals tried to keep a lot of stuff quite that went down.

Either way I had a great time, coudln't find my friends from orlando for shit. Got to kick it with Andy for a bit at our condo.

As for the music,

Touch of class: great great music and great vibe

ame + solomun: probably the best music i heard all weekend.

hot creations: pissed everybody got "sick" but good music

tuskegee: was there for 5-10 min when my buddies from mexico said we needed to leave. I listened to them and we were out

vatos locos, great music and my favorite vibe of the weekend.

social experiemnt: caught art department but the place was a cluster fuck

there were a few afterhours we went to, honestly it was a blur once 8/9 am rolled around, stayed at one party till like 1pm

either way it was my first and last bpm, great experience but the sound sucked at most the venues. Also i would much rather deal with walking around the miami ave hoods at 5am than playa when the sun comes up. I spent just as much as i would in miami for 3 days, add the plane tickets and i would rather just do miami.

Last edited by Faceplant on Jan-20-2015 at 20:51

Old Post Jan-20-2015 20:42  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Faceplant Click here to Send Faceplant a Private Message Add Faceplant to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Faceplant
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by chillenandy321
Yeah thinking the same 4-5 days tops next year. Ill buy the 3 day band and maybe one single ticket. Would like to see more culture of Mexico exploring. The one thing that kills me is the terrible sound systems most of the clubs had. Canibal Royale was best sounding during Solomun +1 event. People were covering their ears being close to stage in some matters. If its too loud people back away lol cheez. Glad for high def plugs I brought. Had someone offer me $40 for my set lol
i agree canibal royal and the middle room at santana were the only 2 places with even remotely decent sound. good hanging with you for a bit

Old Post Jan-20-2015 21:06  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Faceplant Click here to Send Faceplant a Private Message Add Faceplant to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
OrangestO
–30–

Thanks for the reviews everyone!

You've persuaded me not to attend BPM in the future, lol.

And not because of the 'weird' or 'criminal' elements of the festival. I can't stand shitty sound, so it's not worth it at all if that's the case there across the board.

We live in Florida - we have everything we need here, so why go to Playa if it's not a primo experience. Those are my thoughts, anyways.

Glad all the regular FLTAs made it back OK

Old Post Jan-20-2015 21:24 
Click Here to See the Profile for OrangestO Click here to Send OrangestO a Private Message Add OrangestO to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Faceplant
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by OrangestO
Thanks for the reviews everyone!

You've persuaded me not to attend BPM in the future, lol.

And not because of the 'weird' or 'criminal' elements of the festival. I can't stand shitty sound, so it's not worth it at all if that's the case there across the board.

We live in Florida - we have everything we need here, so why go to Playa if it's not a primo experience. Those are my thoughts, anyways.

Glad all the regular FLTAs made it back OK
i def would not say it's unsafe, but when u have 10-15 people from mexico, some from some of the worst area's in mexico saying that its now getting out of hand with the skeming going on, that kinda got me shocked. I heard the first weekend was much better in that aspect, but all the thugs, goons and petty thiefs came in town Thursday/ Friday to take advantage of the people partying all week and totally out of it. My Spanish Is terrible but it saved me from getting ripped off more than a handful of times by bar tenders, cab drivers, and just in general everybody who see's americans/Europeans who are easy to get a few bucks out of. I was amazed at how much better my Spanish got by the 4th day.

it's like ultra for me, everybody needs to check it out at least once. a

as for the sound most people didn't even notice, but me being blessed with the pickle, treehouse, space, soundbar ect. I honestly didn't realize how much of a diff a properly tuned sound system can make.

Old Post Jan-20-2015 21:35  United States
Cool1g
Supreme tranceaddict

thanks for the detailed reviews above everyone!

i might get around to doing one this week lol.

musically for me both of Solomun's official bpm parties had the best music. again nor me or any friends had any issues at all... but i can see how things might happen.

if I went back next year i'd prob cut out at the latest that friday of the 2nd weekend as its apparent a lot of people came in just that weekend and that really stretched the clubs people loads to the limits.

Presale tix for Academy LA, Exchange LA, Time OC and Nova SD!

Old Post Jan-21-2015 02:26  Christmas Island
Click Here to See the Profile for Cool1g Click here to Send Cool1g a Private Message Add Cool1g to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Donnie Gryphon

quote:
Originally posted by Faceplant

as for the sound most people didn't even notice, but me being blessed with the pickle, treehouse, space, soundbar ect. I honestly didn't realize how much of a diff a properly tuned sound system can make.

This.

It's not terrible but it's just not what we're used too. Blue Venado had a nice rig. We were in the center the whole time and it was nicely tuned for Paradise. Mamitas wasn't bad just a bit to low end heavy. Canibal Royal was nice as well maybe just a bit to loud on the highs. La Santanera middle room was fucking ace with that Funktion One. Gerber brought in a nice rig for the Rumors Cenote party as well. I didn't hear a overly terrible soundsystem, it's just that were so used to perfectly tuned dynacord and Funktion one rigs here it makes it tough to compare.

Old Post Jan-21-2015 14:07 
Click Here to See the Profile for Donnie Gryphon Click here to Send Donnie Gryphon a Private Message Add Donnie Gryphon to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
PatMcGroin
lost

quote:
Originally posted by OrangestO
We live in Florida - we have everything we need here

not to hijack this... but from someone who did all the florida clubbing and plenty of clubbing in other places.... GET THE FUCK OUT OF FLORIDA!!!! florida is great. dont get me wrong. but fuck me theres so much to see in this world. expand!!!!!

Old Post Jan-21-2015 16:07  Germany
Click Here to See the Profile for PatMcGroin Click here to Send PatMcGroin a Private Message Add PatMcGroin to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
OrangestO
–30–

quote:
Originally posted by PatMcGroin
not to hijack this... but from someone who did all the florida clubbing and plenty of clubbing in other places.... GET THE FUCK OUT OF FLORIDA!!!! florida is great. dont get me wrong. but fuck me theres so much to see in this world. expand!!!!!

I was using Florida more as a way to argue against going to BPM because we get the same good music here along with the beaches and all that other stuff that comes with it.

Totally get why someone from Canada would want to attend, but it doesn't make much sense for us imo.

Trust me, I've done my fair share of traveling and partying too. Florida is a shithole in the grand scheme of things; that's why I'm trying to get the hell out, lol.

Old Post Jan-21-2015 16:50 
Click Here to See the Profile for OrangestO Click here to Send OrangestO a Private Message Add OrangestO to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - Florida > bpm 2015 dates?
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (15): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackID this track, seems to be a difficult one! [2005] [2]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackGlobal Experience - Madras [2007]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread