Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > Danny Tenaglia @ Guv, Jan 10th
Pages (8): « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Big Boss
Supreme tranceaddict

It's funny that Danny is playing a closing party, since he never really was fond of the place.

The only two good Danny parties I remember were

Labour of Love 2007 and iDream 2000.

Danny played Boa, The Docks, CiRCA, more.

He hated the old booth at The Guvernment (the one all the way in the corner). Part of the reason the booth moves at Guvernment now is because of Danny's complaints.

It's a good booking, but doesn't really make sense as someone to close Guv out. There's no emotional attachment there....

Old Post Dec-20-2014 16:58  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Big Boss Click here to Send Big Boss a Private Message Add Big Boss to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Shaya007
SMILE...YOU'RE FAMOUS!!!

quote:
Originally posted by Big Boss
It's funny that Danny is playing a closing party, since he never really was fond of the place.

The only two good Danny parties I remember were

Labour of Love 2007 and iDream 2000.

Danny played Boa, The Docks, CiRCA, more.

He hated the old booth at The Guvernment (the one all the way in the corner). Part of the reason the booth moves at Guvernment now is because of Danny's complaints.

It's a good booking, but doesn't really make sense as someone to close Guv out. There's no emotional attachment there....

by corner you mean the one they had to build just for big events?

the only 2 booths were the one up in the sky and the current moving one

I agree there is nothing emotional attachment to this. I would rather see Lawler back, he build a following in that room

Old Post Dec-20-2014 18:23 
Click Here to See the Profile for Shaya007 Click here to Send Shaya007 a Private Message Visit Shaya007's homepage! Add Shaya007 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
torontobarfly
comfortably numb

Danny's not closing it...

Cosmic Gate is playing the 17th

"There are no boring places, only boring people"

Old Post Dec-20-2014 18:31  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for torontobarfly Click here to Send torontobarfly a Private Message Add torontobarfly to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
kotsy

quote:
Originally posted by torontobarfly
Danny's not closing it...

Cosmic Gate is playing the 17th

As stated on Guv's fb announcements - Danny is part of their final 5 closing parties #guvfinale. Yeah, they're milking it lol

I agree about the lack of emotional attachment too. This is how Guv introduced the final 5 parties before naming any names...

"Get ready for FIVE days of major announcements from artists who have been instrumental in making The Guvernment Canada's best nightclub over the past 18 years."

I wouldn't consider Danny or Cosmic Gate instrumental in making Guv the way it is. Certainly Lawler, Ferry Corsten or Mark Oliver would fit the bill better but there are still 2 announcements left.

Download my latest podcast or go to hell

Old Post Dec-20-2014 19:54  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for kotsy Click here to Send kotsy a Private Message Add kotsy to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Shaya007
SMILE...YOU'RE FAMOUS!!!

quote:
Originally posted by kotsy
As stated on Guv's fb announcements - Danny is part of their final 5 closing parties #guvfinale. Yeah, they're milking it lol

I agree about the lack of emotional attachment too. This is how Guv introduced the final 5 parties before naming any names...

"Get ready for FIVE days of major announcements from artists who have been instrumental in making The Guvernment Canada's best nightclub over the past 18 years."

I wouldn't consider Danny or Cosmic Gate instrumental in making Guv the way it is. Certainly Lawler, Ferry Corsten or Mark Oliver would fit the bill better but there are still 2 announcements left.

cosmic gate lives in the left speaker since 2007 lol

Old Post Dec-20-2014 20:19 
Click Here to See the Profile for Shaya007 Click here to Send Shaya007 a Private Message Visit Shaya007's homepage! Add Shaya007 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
kotsy

quote:
Originally posted by Shaya007
cosmic gate lives in the left speaker since 2007 lol

ok, they weren't instrumental to me then

Old Post Dec-20-2014 20:44  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for kotsy Click here to Send kotsy a Private Message Add kotsy to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
gimmebeatz
JP Addict

quote:

While he doesn't have an emotional attachment I certainly won't complain about DT getting booked. Cosmic gate is a weak finale booking IMO

Old Post Dec-20-2014 22:24  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for gimmebeatz Click here to Send gimmebeatz a Private Message Add gimmebeatz to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
kotsy

quote:
Originally posted by gimmebeatz
While he doesn't have an emotional attachment I certainly won't complain about DT getting booked. Cosmic gate is a weak finale booking IMO

100%
I am STUPID excited for Danny. I could see him going later than Markus

Old Post Dec-20-2014 22:48  Canada
gimmebeatz
JP Addict

quote:
100%

I hope he does! Take us into the afternoon! Any word on ticket releases?

Old Post Dec-20-2014 22:50  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for gimmebeatz Click here to Send gimmebeatz a Private Message Add gimmebeatz to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
planetaryplayer
Surpeme traineanddict

Danny is going to destroy the place...

Old Post Dec-20-2014 23:49  Norfolk Island
Click Here to See the Profile for planetaryplayer Click here to Send planetaryplayer a Private Message Add planetaryplayer to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Shaya007
SMILE...YOU'RE FAMOUS!!!

quote:
100%

I doubt it..neon nation won't let him

Old Post Dec-21-2014 00:48 
Dior Homme
Hedi Slimane

quote:
Originally posted by Big Boss

Danny also retired. Quite the kooky fellow.

Old Post Dec-21-2014 05:31  France
Click Here to See the Profile for Dior Homme Click here to Send Dior Homme a Private Message Visit Dior Homme's homepage! Add Dior Homme to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > Danny Tenaglia @ Guv, Jan 10th
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (8): « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackID this track pls - John Digweed [2005] [0]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackLee Burridge - Do You Smoke Pot? [2002]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread