Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Montreal > Piknic Elektronik 2012
Pages (19): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Allied Nations
Make it happen cap'n

Old Post Jun-19-2012 22:46 
Click Here to See the Profile for Allied Nations Click here to Send Allied Nations a Private Message Add Allied Nations to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Marcus007
marrrrkeeesssss

yessss

and your point is?

Old Post Jun-19-2012 22:56  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Marcus007 Click here to Send Marcus007 a Private Message Add Marcus007 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Allied Nations
Make it happen cap'n

my point is simple, its a solid melody with mass appeal

i guess 10 mins wouldnt go down on the 1234 terrace tho eh

Old Post Jun-19-2012 23:03 
Click Here to See the Profile for Allied Nations Click here to Send Allied Nations a Private Message Add Allied Nations to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Casa
Supreme tranceaddict

mind = blown if someone played hans zimmer time at picnik. That has to be in my top 5 records of all time. I've tried to make an edit of it 30 times but nothing even comes close to how brilliant the original is. so many people have tried and failed. hans is a genius.

Old Post Jun-20-2012 00:06  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Casa Click here to Send Casa a Private Message Add Casa to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
jester
[enigma within a enigma]

quote:
Originally posted by Casa
mind = blown if someone played hans zimmer time at picnik. That has to be in my top 5 records of all time. I've tried to make an edit of it 30 times but nothing even comes close to how brilliant the original is. so many people have tried and failed. hans is a genius.

What is interesting, supposedly part of the movie soundtrack was inspired by Edith Piaf.

Old Post Jun-20-2012 01:00 
Click Here to See the Profile for jester Click here to Send jester a Private Message Add jester to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Casa
Supreme tranceaddict

As for music, I'd say he's my biggest influence. Lot's of my tracks on my album are influenced by him, i look forward to sharing them with you guys.

If anyone is looking to discover some great film music check out Hans Zimmer, John Williams (undisputed king of soundtracks, he wrote the themes for Jaws + Star Wars for fucksake) and Clint Mansell (his score of The Fountain is a masterpiece).

Music is a sick joke for Hans:

The Thin Red Line
The Rock
Broken Arrow
The Lion King
Rain Man
True Romance
Gladiator
Black Hawk Down
Hannibal
Mission Impossible 2
Pearl Harbor
The Last Samurai
Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl
Madagascar
Shark Tale
Kung Fu Panda
The Dark Knight
The Dark Knight Rises
Inception
Sherlock Holmes
Angels & Demons
Call Of Duty : MW2
Crysis 2
Frost/Nixon
The Pacific (series)
A Nightmare on Elm Street
Despicable Me
Spanglish
X-Men: First Class
Transformers: Dark of the Moon

That's like 1/3 of his discography and he's scored 14 movies in one year once.

that's what I call an inspirational place to make music:

Last edited by Casa on Jun-20-2012 at 02:46

Old Post Jun-20-2012 02:40  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Casa Click here to Send Casa a Private Message Add Casa to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
WittyHandle
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Casa

I'm pretty sure you already know this, but your post makes it sound like you may not... Pachanga Boys' Time samples Hans Zimmer's track of the same name. And for anyone who is unfamiliar with the tune we're talking about here

Now someone tell me what Lee played like 3 tunes later I think he played Body Language right after Time after teasing it in a few times.

Last edited by WittyHandle on Jun-20-2012 at 03:18

Old Post Jun-20-2012 02:47  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for WittyHandle Click here to Send WittyHandle a Private Message Add WittyHandle to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Marcus007
marrrrkeeesssss

quote:
Originally posted by Allied Nations
i guess 10 mins wouldnt go down on the 1234 terrace tho eh

ha.... ha....

Old Post Jun-20-2012 02:54  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Marcus007 Click here to Send Marcus007 a Private Message Add Marcus007 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Adam420
Trance Free Since 2003

Did he play this at all?

quote:
Originally posted by SYSTEM-J
Levels is...decent...damn better than a lot of the shite dominating the charts at the moment. It sounds absolutely nothing like...a billion and one similar tracks in this big-room style. I always had a soft spot.

Old Post Jun-20-2012 03:55  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Adam420 Click here to Send Adam420 a Private Message Add Adam420 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
WittyHandle
Supreme tranceaddict

I didn't know this mix before, but I'm pretty sure he did. Why didn't you go Adam?

Old Post Jun-20-2012 04:17  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for WittyHandle Click here to Send WittyHandle a Private Message Add WittyHandle to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
ostrich
13percent.ca

quote:
Originally posted by Adam420
Did he play this at all?

He played the original

04.03 | Daome w/ Shed & Deadbeat
04.18 | Stereo w/ Matthew Dekay
05.01 | Salon Daomé
05.17 | Stereo w / Sven Vath
05.18 | Piknic Electronik
05.18 | Le Bleury

Old Post Jun-20-2012 07:05  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for ostrich Click here to Send ostrich a Private Message Visit ostrich's homepage! Add ostrich to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Adam420
Trance Free Since 2003

quote:
Originally posted by WittyHandle
I didn't know this mix before, but I'm pretty sure he did. Why didn't you go Adam?

I was still all partied out from the previous weekend (Stereo, Circus and Piknic) + pretty broke. And anyway Lee's not a DJ I've had much interest in lately so it wasn't a big deal I guess.

quote:
Originally posted by SYSTEM-J
Levels is...decent...damn better than a lot of the shite dominating the charts at the moment. It sounds absolutely nothing like...a billion and one similar tracks in this big-room style. I always had a soft spot.

Old Post Jun-20-2012 13:48  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Adam420 Click here to Send Adam420 a Private Message Add Adam420 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Montreal > Piknic Elektronik 2012
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (19): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackOlder Track, please ID [2003] [0]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackDumonde - Never Look Back [2002]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread