Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > people on pills
Pages (11): [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
OrangestO
–30–

I don't mean beans, but fuck these pain killers are taking souls.

Anyone else lost/losing friends to this shit?

Down here in Florida it's become an epidemic and it's the saddest thing to see a good friend go through. I've given the dude so many chances and it's going no where. I almost feel guilty cause we grew up together and have been through so much but it's time to cut ties. Walking away and saying goodbye for good is hard as fuck, right now.

At the same time, it doesn't stop and it doesn't seem like it will.

Old Post Apr-16-2013 05:03 
Click Here to See the Profile for OrangestO Click here to Send OrangestO a Private Message Add OrangestO to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
pkcRAISTLIN
arbiter's chief minion

[QUOTE]Originally posted by OrangestO
Walking away and saying goodbye for good is hard as fuck, right now.

At the same time, it doesn't stop and it doesn't seem like it will. /QUOTE]

take something to ease the pain.

Old Post Apr-16-2013 05:10  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for pkcRAISTLIN Click here to Send pkcRAISTLIN a Private Message Add pkcRAISTLIN to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Zharen
Put down the plate

Yeah I knew a guy who's just been doping himself full of diazepam, weed and other benzos. Maybe not painkillers per se, but benzo abuse can be just as serious. I finally had to walk away. Dude's definitely changed over the years I've known him.

Old Post Apr-16-2013 05:40  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Zharen Click here to Send Zharen a Private Message Add Zharen to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

As one of my favourite pieces of graffiti once put it...

Medication rules the nation.

> Rough & Ready [Modern Trance]
>A Different Energy [Good Modern Trance]
> The Edale Mix [Panoramic Beats]

Old Post Apr-16-2013 06:50  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list SYSTEM-J is online now Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
OrangestO
–30–

Typical...

Old Post Apr-16-2013 06:52 
Click Here to See the Profile for OrangestO Click here to Send OrangestO a Private Message Add OrangestO to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
looom
tranceaddict in training

Oh yeah, this is most common among teenagers here - a relative of mine, she is 17, broke up, then tried to Actually get back together with him a few days later, then, as you already guessed, realised it is not going to work. I was just on my way to her parents', found the crazy chick (apologies in advance to all sensitive audience out there) on her bed with an empty bottle of painkillers next to her on the floor...I was like "oh for fk sake". Next thing she tells me (after she's been treated in the hospital for days) "oh it was so dumb of me, I am soo stupid blaablaablaa" and what do you know, a couple of months later, deja vu in the air. (This is almost everyday news that a student in some school of so and so, overdosed on painkillers - at some point I was in the pharmacy and the lady behind the desk refused to sell painkillers to a 15? 16? year-old girl, made me chuckle a little )

For some reason my sympathy is very limited towards people who begin to abuse these painkillers especially when they are trying to commit suicide.

One of my colleagues, who is, well, supposed to be out of teen age, is 24 - things got tough with him and her, hectic times at work, he begins to swallow those damn painkillers right infront of my eyes at work, not 1 or 2, a palm full. I didn't even say anything, I thought he'd been on those things too long, he wouldn't even see I was there if I didn't punch him in the face.

It's funny, I have less problem with it, when women do it, but if other men break so easily ..ughh, it is just agitating.

Last edited by looom on Apr-16-2013 at 07:39

Old Post Apr-16-2013 07:32  Estonia
Click Here to See the Profile for looom Click here to Send looom a Private Message Add looom to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Vector A
Your petrochemical arms

Never known anyone who did it, but I have seen a number of billboards for Suboxone treatment, so I guess someone around here is.

Old Post Apr-16-2013 10:16  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Vector A Click here to Send Vector A a Private Message Add Vector A to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Floorfiller
Girl + Sweater = Hotness

weird this thread is coming up. i was just watching a documentary on Florida and their pill problem this weekend.

i dunno why people can't just be smart. i mean i think we've all pretty much used drugs, but why do you have to destroy your life with it?

Old Post Apr-16-2013 11:25 
Click Here to See the Profile for Floorfiller Click here to Send Floorfiller a Private Message Visit Floorfiller's homepage! Add Floorfiller to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
srussell0018
Chaostician

They're taking steps against this soon. People being prescribed opiate painkillers are going to begin getting drug tested before getting their scripts. If they don't have the correct levels of the drug in their system, the doctors can assume they're selling them/giving them away, and will void the script altogether.

Old Post Apr-16-2013 12:38  Ireland
Click Here to See the Profile for srussell0018 Click here to Send srussell0018 a Private Message Add srussell0018 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
LAdazeNYnights
Crossing Swords

quote:
Originally posted by looom
Oh yeah, this is most common among teenagers here - a relative of mine, she is 17, broke up, then tried to Actually get back together with him a few days later, then, as you already guessed, realised it is not going to work. I was just on my way to her parents', found the crazy chick (apologies in advance to all sensitive audience out there) on her bed with an empty bottle of painkillers next to her on the floor...I was like "oh for fk sake". Next thing she tells me (after she's been treated in the hospital for days) "oh it was so dumb of me, I am soo stupid blaablaablaa" and what do you know, a couple of months later, deja vu in the air. (This is almost everyday news that a student in some school of so and so, overdosed on painkillers - at some point I was in the pharmacy and the lady behind the desk refused to sell painkillers to a 15? 16? year-old girl, made me chuckle a little )

For some reason my sympathy is very limited towards people who begin to abuse these painkillers especially when they are trying to commit suicide.

One of my colleagues, who is, well, supposed to be out of teen age, is 24 - things got tough with him and her, hectic times at work, he begins to swallow those damn painkillers right infront of my eyes at work, not 1 or 2, a palm full. I didn't even say anything, I thought he'd been on those things too long, he wouldn't even see I was there if I didn't punch him in the face.

It's funny, I have less problem with it, when women do it, but if other men break so easily ..ughh, it is just agitating.

this story strikes me more as ... "some chick i know has tried to commit suicide by pain pills a couple times. lulz"

whereas the thread is talking about people taking the stuff recreationally and becoming dependent/addicted.
I've known people that have tried it, even spent a week or two blowing through a supply, but never anyone who has become addicted (except for one chick i dated - the only person I've ever known to be truly addicted to weed - who would use any small excuse to pop some vicodin: 'i'm really drunk and just fell on my knees! vicodin!' suffice it to say we didn't last long after this sort of behavior became recurrent.). honestly, it seems to me like most of the people who get addicted to this kind of stuff are already lowest-common-denominator, in some way or another.

a best friend of mine (former ta, actually) has tried all of this shit, and i've always been in the know about it. but he's a smart, upstanding guy and i never once caught him taking it too far. he was trying oxy at one point and i thought 'wow that shits all over the news! u r gonna die, dude' - he took it for a week, enjoyed it, and then never again.

I do recognize, though, that there are also doctors to blame for this particular epidemic: pill-pushers who unwittingly (i'd like to believe) nurture dependence. my girlfriend was diagnosed as bipolar, so she was prescribed lithium (which i think is fucking extreme - i've had another friend go through the same - but the debate rages and who am i to say), but she was also given some sort of sleeping pill that functions as an antidepressant, which is the kind of pill that has more negative effects than positive ones and strikes me as nothing more than a money-grab. fortunately, she couldn't stand the stuff and stopped taking it early on.

I think that my perspective on pharmaceuticals is a little bit extreme, and maybe that comes through here, but it's not unwarranted: my dad, a phd chemist, has made his living in the chemistry industry in manufacturing/designing/sales. he's careful to not even abuse tylenol, and takes it only when he has a migraine or some serious pain. he doesn't even believe in most of what big pharma pushes, and we've talked about how most drugs nowadays are approved based on a pay-to-play system, with studies on new drugs repeated ad infinitum until the desired results are achieved and then published. he's especially critical of the pain pill industry, citing it as a distinctly american problem ("you americans just don't know what real pain is...everybody nowadays moans and whines about the slightest ache"). suffice it to say that my views on this topic were shaped by his.

Old Post Apr-16-2013 12:39  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for LAdazeNYnights Click here to Send LAdazeNYnights a Private Message Add LAdazeNYnights to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
srussell0018
Chaostician

quote:
Originally posted by LAdazeNYnights
my girlfriend was diagnosed as bipolar, so she was prescribed lithium (which i think is fucking extreme

Lithium is the most common and some argue the most effective drug for treating bipolar disorder actually. It also doesn't really have much propensity to be abused.

Old Post Apr-16-2013 12:43  Ireland
Click Here to See the Profile for srussell0018 Click here to Send srussell0018 a Private Message Add srussell0018 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
LAdazeNYnights
Crossing Swords

I know, but I didn't raise it in the context of abuse (if you read it that way then the mistake was likely on my end), but rather in the context of drugs that (1) aren't entirely kosher and (2) physicians nurture dependence on.

While it is the most prescribed, and probably the most 'effective' (whatever that really means in this context), it's certainly..well, let's say 'far from perfect'.

Old Post Apr-16-2013 12:56  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for LAdazeNYnights Click here to Send LAdazeNYnights a Private Message Add LAdazeNYnights to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > people on pills
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (11): [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackPlease identify this one for me! [2007] [10]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackBypass - "Cyberia" (Deep Trance mix) [2002]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread