Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > "Trance Wax One"
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
the-sixth
Supreme tranceaddict

Not a fan of:

The artificial crowd noise throughout

The Bjork vocal laid over Tantrix on the intro goes on for too long especially when the pad opens up, takes away from the lush intro Tantrix has. If only it was shorter it would have been great.

Only really gets going for me when the Auranuat kicks in and I wasnt keen on how it kicked in either.

Otherwise great

Rare Vinyls spinning on video If you like that sort of thing

Old Post Jun-19-2018 15:02  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for the-sixth Click here to Send the-sixth a Private Message Add the-sixth to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
craiggarner
Senior tranceaddict

I'm not sure how I feel about this, on one hand it's great fun to hear some classics given renewed attention and the Trance Wax mixes are mostly decent.

On the other hand, it kinda boils down to a bog-standard classics set with absolutely no attention given to the flow of the mix - certainly not the 'full 2018 refit' that Pete Tong mentions in the intro...

Old Post Jun-20-2018 04:57  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for craiggarner Click here to Send craiggarner a Private Message Add craiggarner to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Light The Fuse
Training Tranceaddicts

1 or 2 hectic key clashes along the way that took me out of it a bit - but on the whole I enjoyed it.

Greatly.

Last edited by Light The Fuse on Jun-22-2018 at 09:38

Old Post Jun-20-2018 08:45  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for Light The Fuse Click here to Send Light The Fuse a Private Message Add Light The Fuse to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
paulversuspaul
Inventor of the fist pump

As an FYI and of course take this for what it's worth but ejeca didn't do this as some ironic joke. I meet some industry guy and he told me that ejeca got into dance music through listening to trance and hence why he made these cuts. I have to say I do love the fact that anyone can play and old school trance track in a set nowadays. Everything is cyclical. I was a huge fan of these releases.

Anyone seen ejeca live? Wonder how he is as a dj

This guy needs to come back

Old Post Jun-24-2018 21:27  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for paulversuspaul Click here to Send paulversuspaul a Private Message Add paulversuspaul to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

I didn't see him in Manchester in the end. I listened to a few of his sets online and didn't really rate him. The trance edits are what they are, but I find the modern techno he plays in between very flat footed and rhythmically boring. Not much sense of him really building sets either. Still, I imagine it's all good fun when you're mangled.

> Rough & Ready [Modern Trance]
>A Different Energy [Good Modern Trance]
> The Edale Mix [Panoramic Beats]

Old Post Jun-24-2018 21:46  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
paulversuspaul
Inventor of the fist pump

quote:
Originally posted by SYSTEM-J
I didn't see him in Manchester in the end. I listened to a few of his sets online and didn't really rate him. The trance edits are what they are, but I find the modern techno he plays in between very flat footed and rhythmically boring. Not much sense of him really building sets either. Still, I imagine it's all good fun when you're mangled.

Everything is a lot of fun when you're mangled

Really excited to finally see bicep do their live show. Los Angeles sucks at times bc some artists play basically only festivals and I prefer indoor venues

This guy needs to come back

Old Post Jun-24-2018 22:06  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for paulversuspaul Click here to Send paulversuspaul a Private Message Add paulversuspaul to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
stealthman
Supreme tranceaddict

oh FFS, the year of the recycled

Old-School Trance Appreciation Club

and may the PLUR be with you.

Old Post Jul-12-2018 11:09  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for stealthman Click here to Send stealthman a Private Message Add stealthman to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > "Trance Wax One"
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (2): « 1 [2]  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackplease help ID [2003] [1]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackV.I.P 3000 - "The Combat" [2004]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread