Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > Production Studio > Waves announces and releases Codex - includes 128 patches from me
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
alanzo
The Equalizer Womanizer

Waves announces and releases Codex - includes 128 patches from me

http://www.waves.com/plugins/codex

The patches are organized by type, not creator. Working on getting the full bank and an audio demo on my website soon. Nice synth, for sure. A great alternative to Massive for wavetable sounds, although I think Massive is still more powerful. Codex can do some really nice analog emulations thanks to the synths they sampled.

If you want to hear it, the videos suck but the audio demos are nice. I didn't do any of the audio on the site, but some of my patches are featured in the audio demos. Entrophy, Destroy All Humans, Electro House, and Awesome Saws.

Last edited by alanzo on Oct-06-2014 at 14:24

Old Post Oct-06-2014 14:15  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for alanzo Click here to Send alanzo a Private Message Visit alanzo's homepage! Add alanzo to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
alanzo
The Equalizer Womanizer

If you attend this free online event, you get a $50 plugin voucher that can be used on sale items. So you can pick up Codex for $49.

http://www.eventbrite.com/e/everyth...ets-13022948991

Old Post Oct-06-2014 14:45  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for alanzo Click here to Send alanzo a Private Message Visit alanzo's homepage! Add alanzo to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
tehlord
Supreme tranceaddict

Jeeze, just in time to go head to head with Serum!

Well played sir

Old Post Oct-06-2014 14:54  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for tehlord Click here to Send tehlord a Private Message Add tehlord to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
alanzo
The Equalizer Womanizer

quote:
Originally posted by tehlord
Jeeze, just in time to go head to head with Serum!

I haven't played with Serum at all, but it sounds real nice. VSTis these days are quite impressive.

Old Post Oct-06-2014 14:57  United States
tehlord
Supreme tranceaddict

Two wavetable synths that even look similar released back to back

Who woulda thunk it

Old Post Oct-06-2014 15:02  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for tehlord Click here to Send tehlord a Private Message Add tehlord to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
alanzo
The Equalizer Womanizer

quote:
Two wavetable synths that even look similar released back to back

Who woulda thunk it

quote:

ADVANCED UNISON
Serum will let you stack a single oscillator to use up to 16 voices. Each of the wavetable oscillators have a number of unison advanced parameters. Stack settings allow for note (e.g. octave) layering to get a fuller sound for a single note-press. Set the unison voices to all have their unique waveform at once with the Unison WT Pos setting, or have them all skewed in a different way with the unison Warp control. A variety of unison tuning modes per-oscillator let you get the stack sound blooming or swarming like you want.

From the Serum website. That's one thing that Codex does not have that really bugged me. So dumb, I don't know why that wouldn't be included on a poly synth.

Old Post Oct-06-2014 15:03  United States
tehlord
Supreme tranceaddict

The unison in Serum is very good as well. Sounds like a Virus

What i don't get is why there's only one filter in it (although only one in codex too!?)

At least codex has an arpeggiator/step sequencer though. They are always useful especially for sequenced modulations.

Old Post Oct-06-2014 15:08  United Kingdom
alanzo
The Equalizer Womanizer

quote:
What i don't get is why there's only one filter in it (although only one in codex too!?)

Codex has one multimode filter. Although a lot of the OSCs are sampled through a filter sweep. So as you go through the OSC, it will lowpass filter or highpass filter, for example.

Old Post Oct-06-2014 15:09  United States
PaULiN0
Twinkle, Twinkle..

Serum, now codex! Damnit.

Old Post Oct-06-2014 19:10  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for PaULiN0 Click here to Send PaULiN0 a Private Message Add PaULiN0 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
alanzo
The Equalizer Womanizer

quote:
Originally posted by PaULiN0
Serum, now codex! Damnit.

Dude on KVR says he's testing out "another one" as well. So expect a third big wavetable VSTi release soon.

Old Post Oct-06-2014 19:24  United States
PaULiN0
Twinkle, Twinkle..

Smoking ..umm..something

quote:
Originally posted by alanzo
Dude on KVR says he's testing out "another one" as well. So expect a third big wavetable VSTi release soon.

Interesting.

Old Post Oct-06-2014 23:08  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for PaULiN0 Click here to Send PaULiN0 a Private Message Add PaULiN0 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DJ RANN
Supreme tranceaddict

Er, not quite sure why but there should be waaaay more congratulations going in in this thred

Well fucking done Alanzo - getting patches on a Waves Plugin release is no small feat; it's kind of to the top of the game.

I'm looking forward to demoing Codex - I have to give props to our fallen brother (Richie/looney4clooney/crayze4swayze/keen4sheen/bustin4justin/twatt4matt etc) who called it over two years ago - he said there's a real gap in the software market for wavetable synths, especially those that you could load your own WT's in to. He was right, and now we got three coming form major sources.......

Old Post Oct-09-2014 23:38 
Click Here to See the Profile for DJ RANN Click here to Send DJ RANN a Private Message Add DJ RANN to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > Production Studio > Waves announces and releases Codex - includes 128 patches from me
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackRoger Sanchez track #2 [2006] [3]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackCosmic Gate - "Exploration Of Space" [2003]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread