Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > Breaking Bad
Pages (39): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
WittyHandle
Supreme tranceaddict

Don't forget they covered all of Hank's hospital bills, which Marie indicated were quite high.

We're led to believe that Ted broke his neck. They foreshadowed the rug sticking up when he first walked to the door to let the goons in.

Old Post Sep-27-2011 15:23  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for WittyHandle Click here to Send WittyHandle a Private Message Add WittyHandle to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
cammaxwell
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by WittyHandle
Don't forget they covered all of Hank's hospital bills, which Marie indicated were quite high.

We're led to believe that Ted broke his neck. They foreshadowed the rug sticking up when he first walked to the door to let the goons in.

Yeah, definitely a broken neck....you could see his fingers twitching. The way he fell against the kitchen island, it's completely plausible...

Old Post Sep-27-2011 15:38  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for cammaxwell Click here to Send cammaxwell a Private Message Visit cammaxwell's homepage! Add cammaxwell to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
GGM
Supreme houseaddict

quote:
Originally posted by cammaxwell
Yeah, definitely a broken neck....you could see his fingers twitching. The way he fell against the kitchen island, it's completely plausible...

Well if he's not dead, probly paralyzed, chalk it up as one more healthcare bill that the Whites will be paying for lol.

On that note I had a funny thought the other day. Imagine this show took place in Canada? Walt's cancer wouldn't have had any bills, never would've made meth, would've been quite the boring show...

Old Post Sep-27-2011 16:09  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for GGM Click here to Send GGM a Private Message Add GGM to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
WittyHandle
Supreme tranceaddict

I know it's believable that he broke his neck, I guess it just feels a bit tacked on to me. Then again, that's only within the context of the incredibly high standards this show has set. I guess I'm just spoiled.

Old Post Sep-28-2011 02:50  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for WittyHandle Click here to Send WittyHandle a Private Message Add WittyHandle to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Mach X
DEMF Ambassador

Gotta love the internet...

quote:
Okay, so I've seen a bit of confusion about how Walt has no money left, and as someone who realized that Walt must have been low on cash as soon as Skylar gave the money to Ted, I wanna go over this a bit.

Using this TIMELINE, which covers the first 3 seasons, we can get a basic idea of how much time has past.
The show premiered January 20th, 2008. Let's assume that this is actually the date of Walt's birthday. This can also be corroborated by conversation Walt has with Jane's dad, who mentions that they found water on Mars. Notice the date. Exactly 5 months after the start of the show, and corroborates almost perfectly with the timelines mention of Jane's death being 19 weeks and 6 days after the started.
So, first, Walt's earnings. All of these numbers have taken into account the split with Jesse, and deductions specifically mentioned by Saul.

EARNINGS

• Walt made about 50k dollars with Tuco.
  • Walt's next big score was 480k dollars from the 38lbs he made in "4 days out"
  • Walt is then hired 26 weeks after the start of the show. He works about 1 month, making 500k dollars.
  • 29 1/2 weeks, Gus offers the 15 million dollars for a year. Walt has gotten a raise.
  • Season 3 ends at 31 weeks. Two weeks have past since Walt's raised, and he's earned another 272k at his new salary.
  • Season 4. This is where the timeline gets a little trickier. In Episode 7, we see Walter bring 272k dollars into the car wash, as well as hearing Jesse mention that "A few weeks back" he shot a dog.
  • With the timeline and progression of Season 4 so far, I think the safest bet we can make in the number of payments Walt has received without overshooting is 3. One seen, 2 unseen (possibly 1 unseen). So, assuming 2 unseen payments, that's an additonal 550k dollars
    Total earnings are about 2.125 million

Next, let's look at the money we know Walt has spent, to the best of our knowledge.

EXPENDITURES

• $800k dollars for the carwash
  • $620k dollars to Beneke
  • Walt's Medical bills according to Skylar, minus his surgery, were all paid up. 100k for medical treatment, 200k for the surgery. Medical bills for Walter so far, $300k TOTAL
  • Hank's Medical bills can only be guessed at, but let's say roughly $100k dollars
  • $50k for the Challenger debacle.
  • Cost of living for a family of 4 over roughly 7 months, 50k dollars
    Juniors PT, and some random Saul expenditures, at most, equal $25k dollars

Total expenditures are about 1.945 million

TOTAL EARNINGS - $2.125 million
TOTAL EXPENDITURES - $1.945 million

Which leaves Walt with roughly 200k dollars. Again, these are ballpark figures, but tell me what you think, if I'm forgetting anything, if my estimations are faulty, etc.

I'm guessing at some point in episode 12 we'll learn exactly how much money Walt has left (I have a feeling he's going to be sending his family away and staying behind).

Old Post Sep-28-2011 11:28  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Mach X Click here to Send Mach X a Private Message Visit Mach X's homepage! Add Mach X to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DJ_Science
Only 25 Characters?!

quote:
Originally posted by GGM
Well if he's not dead, probly paralyzed, chalk it up as one more healthcare bill that the Whites will be paying for lol.

On that note I had a funny thought the other day. Imagine this show took place in Canada? Walt's cancer wouldn't have had any bills, never would've made meth, would've been quite the boring show...

My father's cancer treatment left behind a pretty hefty bill in Canada. A lot of it is covered but it's not completely free.

I guess I should feel ripped off that he didn't start cooking ...

Last edited by DJ_Science on Sep-28-2011 at 14:21

Old Post Sep-28-2011 13:11  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for DJ_Science Click here to Send DJ_Science a Private Message Visit DJ_Science's homepage! Add DJ_Science to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
cammaxwell
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Mach X
Gotta love the internet...

Interesting, I thought more time had passed and he had accumulated more? If all that is accurate then I guess it makes sense...

Old Post Sep-28-2011 14:30  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for cammaxwell Click here to Send cammaxwell a Private Message Visit cammaxwell's homepage! Add cammaxwell to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Endlesswave
Resident GreekCypriot.

Love love love the convenience of Jesse being adamant about not leaving the hospital which forces Gus to come which in turn has Walter White trying to do his thing.

Old Post Oct-03-2011 06:26  Cyprus
Click Here to See the Profile for Endlesswave Click here to Send Endlesswave a Private Message Add Endlesswave to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
WithoutAngles
Senior tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Endlesswave
Love love love the convenience of Jesse being adamant about not leaving the hospital which forces Gus to come which in turn has Walter White trying to do his thing.

Yet Gus is always at least one step ahead.

Old Post Oct-03-2011 09:15  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for WithoutAngles Click here to Send WithoutAngles a Private Message Visit WithoutAngles's homepage! Add WithoutAngles to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
WittyHandle
Supreme tranceaddict

I'm curious what tipped Gus off. I watched it again, and still couldn't pick up on anything.

Old Post Oct-03-2011 13:26  United States
geroin
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by WittyHandle
I'm curious what tipped Gus off. I watched it again, and still couldn't pick up on anything.

there was some radio beeping noise? or maybe i was hearing shit

Old Post Oct-03-2011 15:07  Russia
Click Here to See the Profile for geroin Click here to Send geroin a Private Message Add geroin to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
WittyHandle
Supreme tranceaddict

I watched it again right after the premiere and looked real close for any clues, but didn't see any. I'll listen for a beeping when I check that scene again tonight. They're so good about covering all the details, I'm just curious if I missed something, or they'll reveal it later on.

Old Post Oct-03-2011 15:23  United States

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > Breaking Bad
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (39): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackgood piano tune [2003] [4]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackOcean Lab - Clear Blue Water (Above & Beyond Mix) [2002]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread