Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > Will Sasha and John Digweed
Pages (9): « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
enydo
~

Oh that boat party was March of 2010, so they at least did that together that year.

Old Post Jan-21-2016 01:51 
Click Here to See the Profile for enydo Click here to Send enydo a Private Message Add enydo to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Paradox Lost
In This Twilight

"Sasha & Digweed reunite for upcoming tour, to the surprise and excitement of all of TA and half of RA; tens of tickets already sold in advance."

But seriously, not to cast too much of a "who cares?" shadow on the prospect of them coming together, but...yeah who cares? They share almost no musical common ground anymore, and if you find one or the other lacking in appeal these days, chances are their combined presence doesn't really add up to much more.

Old Post Jan-21-2016 04:47  Palestine
Click Here to See the Profile for Paradox Lost Click here to Send Paradox Lost a Private Message Add Paradox Lost to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Lews
Platipus And Prog Addict

quote:
Originally posted by SYSTEM-J
Having just trawled through a few interviews in a futile effort to uncover the one I'm talking about, I've remembered what a remarkably boring man John Digweed actually is. He's pretty much a one-man refutation of the idea that great artists have to be a bit crazy or idiosyncratic.

I don't know, Jack, he did once let his cat choose which recording to release.

Old Post Jan-21-2016 14:12 
Click Here to See the Profile for Lews Click here to Send Lews a Private Message Add Lews to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Alex
Suck a cheetah's dick

The first time I saw Digweed it was him and Danny Howells playing at an afterhours here called Aria.

Not sure which of the two was boozing the most, but the promoters had to keep running across the street to get cases of beer for both of them. We're talking like 40 - 50 beers here that the two were downing solo.

First time I saw Sasha was at the same place and it was July (30+ degrees outside) and Sasha was fucked on god knows what and must have lost 5 pounds from the sweat coming out of him. Not to mention the 3 packs of cigarettes he obliterated throughout a 5 hour set.

Every time I saw these guys either together or solo there were some funny shenanigans.

Old Post Jan-21-2016 15:41  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Alex Click here to Send Alex a Private Message Add Alex to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
enydo
~

Yeah and that Boston, Axis set was crazy good.

Old Post Jan-21-2016 15:41 
Click Here to See the Profile for enydo Click here to Send enydo a Private Message Add enydo to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
planetaryplayer
Surpeme traineanddict

i think it was digweed not wanting anything to do with sasha..
i recall seeing posts of sasha complimenting some of digweeds tracks on bedrock. i think they've got some part of their friendship together, one of them posted a picture of them having a dinner together. I don't think thats enough for them to play together though, but with the crowd deep dish draws and the buzz around them when they reunited may be something they could've considered or spoke about it.

side note; when most artists talk they speak about sasha and not diggers... personally when I've see them solo its digweed who's in top form

Old Post Jan-21-2016 17:18  Norfolk Island
Click Here to See the Profile for planetaryplayer Click here to Send planetaryplayer a Private Message Add planetaryplayer to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
enydo
~

Maybe they're both just so deaf at this point they can't tell how piss-boring the music they generally play is.

Old Post Jan-21-2016 19:17 
david.sound
Techno Freak

Looking at their schedules on RA, it's very possible that Sasha will play Sunday with Digweed for Coachella or vice versa on Friday, or maybe they'll play together in the Heineken tent.

Old Post Jan-22-2016 08:57  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for david.sound Click here to Send david.sound a Private Message Visit david.sound's homepage! Add david.sound to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
raver31
Prog Evangelism

I wish they would release any of the upcoming sets mentioned here. They always hoard them.

Old Post Jan-23-2016 07:39  Lithuania
Click Here to See the Profile for raver31 Click here to Send raver31 a Private Message Add raver31 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
klappa
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by enydo
Maybe they're both just so deaf at this point they can't tell how piss-boring the music they generally play is.

This is what i was going to write. Really who listens on them anyway in this day and age? Last good sets they had were around 2006-2008. Their heydays were in the nineties. I can't thank them enough for how much they have brought me in the world of electronic music. I still from time to time listen to their older compilations, mixes and what not.

I have nothing against them personally or anything like that but their music choices has been out of touch for at least a decade.

Old Post Jan-23-2016 08:35 
Click Here to See the Profile for klappa Click here to Send klappa a Private Message Add klappa to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

quote:
Originally posted by dj christian
their music choices has been out of touch for at least a decade.

Complete bullshit.

> Rough & Ready [Modern Trance]
>A Different Energy [Good Modern Trance]
> The Edale Mix [Panoramic Beats]

Old Post Jan-23-2016 10:28  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list SYSTEM-J is online now Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
MSZ
godspeed

quote:
Originally posted by dj christian
Really who listens on them anyway in this day and age?

A metric tonne more people than people who post jaded remarks on Tranceaddict. Im no fanboy btw, just calling it as it is.

Old Post Jan-23-2016 11:32  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for MSZ Click here to Send MSZ a Private Message Add MSZ to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > Will Sasha and John Digweed
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (9): « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbacktiv2002 ID [2007] [2]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackBreeze - Out Of My Life [2002]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread