Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > real trance
Pages (49): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Trance-M
Since 1994 tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Mattinsanity
earlier trance from 92-95 was "real" trance. the rest after that were fabricated formulatic BS.

Nonsense, then trance just lived for two years, because it started to get popular in 1994, but I guess just within the scene. This was pre-internet time!

Real trance, which fits in your timeline:

Longest (classic) Trance playlist on YouTube (5000 tracks released up to and including 1997), click here

Old Post Jan-09-2010 20:19  Netherlands
Click Here to See the Profile for Trance-M Click here to Send Trance-M a Private Message Add Trance-M to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
floyd741
addict

Old Post Jan-09-2010 22:47  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for floyd741 Click here to Send floyd741 a Private Message Add floyd741 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Chimney
Low pH

quote:
Originally posted by Trance-MB
Nonsense, then trance just lived for two years, because it started to get popular in 1994, but I guess just within the scene. This was pre-internet time!

Real trance, which fits in your timeline:

Matttie is actually right.

Old Post Jan-10-2010 10:43  Sweden
Click Here to See the Profile for Chimney Click here to Send Chimney a Private Message Add Chimney to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Trance-M
Since 1994 tranceaddict

Like Gouryella wasn't real trance, again IMO nonsence.
Wonder if any producer of that time would agree, also because there still was development in equipment.
A more valid point would be that you like trance of that time better.

Longest (classic) Trance playlist on YouTube (5000 tracks released up to and including 1997), click here

Old Post Jan-10-2010 11:26  Netherlands
Click Here to See the Profile for Trance-M Click here to Send Trance-M a Private Message Add Trance-M to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
identity7
Junior tranceaddict

quote:

It wasn't. It was closer to commercial euro-dance with cheesy "big room" leads of that time more than to anything else.
Granted Ferry's stuff wasn't bad, it just wasn't trance.

quote:

Wonder if any producer of that time would agree, also because there still was development in equipment.

You can still find enough rants of Vath, Lieb and the likes about how trance was killed/became too commercial during that time. Actually the reason why most of trance artists left the scene in the first half of 00s.
There wasn't any real development in equipment either, vintage analogue synths will hold the top spot when it comes to the quality of electronic sound - VSTs just made music-making too accessible for the untalented masses.

quote:

A more valid point would be that you like trance of that time better.

There is no trance of that time or trance of this time. There are only shades of quality and the amount of commercialization.
Like Union Jack - Papillon. It's from 2009 and it's perfectly trance.

Old Post Jan-10-2010 12:12  Ukraine
Click Here to See the Profile for identity7 Click here to Send identity7 a Private Message Add identity7 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
RebeL9
The Digital Blonde addict

quote:

It wasn't.
I recall an interview with the trance duo Earthbound, who were big here in Sweden in the end of 90s. Their track One Nation Trance Nation did well here on the radios: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdDRPZVgxS0

In the interview they said "most of the stuff being made today, including our own tracks are not real trance, now we are gonna play a mix with real trance." Then they banged out a wicked set with Odysee of Noises - Firedance, Vernons Wonderland among others.

Old Post Jan-10-2010 12:40  Afghanistan
Click Here to See the Profile for RebeL9 Click here to Send RebeL9 a Private Message Visit RebeL9's homepage! Add RebeL9 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
identity7
Junior tranceaddict

Earthbound did a one wicked track though.
Especially when TB303 bassline kicks in in the middle - ooooh.

A somewhat bitter irony is how on discogs it is classified as EuroHouse when it's more Trance than many things classified as Trance there.

Old Post Jan-10-2010 12:55  Ukraine
Click Here to See the Profile for identity7 Click here to Send identity7 a Private Message Add identity7 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Lews
Platipus And Prog Addict

quote:
Originally posted by RebeL9
Then they banged out a wicked set with Odysee of Noises - Firedance, Vernons Wonderland among others.

Do you know if there is a download of that available anywhere? Firedance is just great, and so is Vernon's Wonderland. iTunes has put some Eye - Q online, and a few tracks of Vernon's, but still no Wonderland

One Nation Trance Nation reminds me of something on Tranceport.

And yeah, Gouryella wasn't real trance. I like it, but not real trance

Old Post Jan-10-2010 13:10 
Click Here to See the Profile for Lews Click here to Send Lews a Private Message Add Lews to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
floyd741
addict

quote:
Originally posted by Mattinsanity
earlier trance from 92-95 was "real" trance.

More like 90-96, imo. I like to think that trance started after the Berlin Wall came down.

Old Post Jan-10-2010 13:17  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for floyd741 Click here to Send floyd741 a Private Message Add floyd741 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DJSoulstone
Supreme tranceaddict

Section X - Atlantis (Man With No Name Remix)

It's not even on Youtube...

DJ Soulstone - Summer Solstice 2012 [Goa/Full-On]

Old Post Jan-10-2010 13:18  Germany
Click Here to See the Profile for DJSoulstone Click here to Send DJSoulstone a Private Message Add DJSoulstone to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
RebeL9
The Digital Blonde addict

quote:
Originally posted by identity7
Earthbound did a one wicked track though.
Especially when TB303 bassline kicks in in the middle - ooooh.

A somewhat bitter irony is how on discogs it is classified as EuroHouse when it's more Trance than many things classified as Trance there.

I recommend you to check out their album:
http://www.discogs.com/Earthbound-E...d/release/27167

It contains several really nice tracks. Especially on CD2 which have "real" trance versions of some of their most famous tracks. It also includes a really nice hidden track.

Old Post Jan-10-2010 13:23  Afghanistan
Click Here to See the Profile for RebeL9 Click here to Send RebeL9 a Private Message Visit RebeL9's homepage! Add RebeL9 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
floyd741
addict

Video is named wrong, it's Transmanic not Transmaniac.

Old Post Jan-10-2010 13:44  United States

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > real trance
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (49): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackTrack from Stadium, Jakarta. #2 [2006] [0]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackMarco V - "c:\del*.mp3" (V.I.S.I.O.N remix) [2004]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread