Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > Locals Love
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Big Boss
Supreme tranceaddict

Locals Love

This is Brent from WLP's Top 10 locals of all time list. Check the event listing for the Genesis of this list.

10. Mark Scaife

9. Ramy vs. David

8. Matt C

7. Peter & Tyrone

6. Deko-Ze

5. Addy

Addy not only played a sound that become known to be “his own” for many years, it became a sound that was known as “Toronto’s own”..

His sets at Zone were some of the most talked about in the city. He has reinvented himself throughout the years. I have a feeling more reinventions are to come in the form of production as well.

4. Manzone & Strong

Joe and Fab have had one of the most successful runs in Toronto as 2 of the go to staples of our underground fabric for 20 years. They have played as residents in every major venue our city has built. From watching Manzone Rip euro classics at such venues as LA Hollywood & Palazzo, to Club 108 on Thursdays live on Energy 108, this is where I first was put on notice.

From there it was Meow, Fluid, and The Drink that was home to 2 guys the helped mould and shape what I was playing at the time. Versatility has been the key that has kept these 2 in the Toronto spotlight for so many years.

3. Carlo Lio

Carlo started as a TO local, which is why he’s on this list! Every show you went to Carlo had fans and friends screaming in unison, and all for good reason. From humble beginnings to humble successes, nothing changed him.

Musically he had that ear and was able to carve out a sound that propelled him into his productions and eventually his label. One word describes Carlo in his rise to current times…PASSION. He beams this in his sets and in his music…

2. Nathan Barato

Every time I hear Nathan, it’s an experience that changes and gets better. The mark of a DJ’s DJ. Not only does he have a “sound” all to his own, it’s a sound that continues to be polished into something very special.

Every DJ I speak to that plays one of his tracks all says the same thing “Barato is delivering HARD with the goods” It’s safe to say that these trends are going to continue, and in doing so, the sky’s the limit for one of the nicest guys in the business

1. Mark Oliver

Partying in the Guverment main room from the late 90’s and early 2000’s, was responsible for my growth as DJ. I spent so many Saturday nights immersed in Mark Oliver’s musical vortex that it was impossible not to be influenced. He catered to all sounds, and to this day, I think it’s safe to say there are countless DJ’s who feel the same way. Mark is a pillar of the Toronto scene Oliver introduced Acid House to our city, he played records no one else had. Often times people would come for Mark over whomever was playing because he would keep the energy going hours after the headliner got off. So many timeless classics were heard for the first time played by him.

The fact that he is still going after all these years shows that his longevity is a direct correlation to his skills. I’ll put it to you like this…if there was a DJ Hall of Fame for Toronto talent, Mark Oliver would be a first ballot inductee.

http://whitelabelpodcast.com/?p=1551

Old Post Apr-15-2014 13:13  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Big Boss Click here to Send Big Boss a Private Message Add Big Boss to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
The Highroller
ad hoc and ad lib

Old school:
1. Kenny Glasgow
2. Nathan Barato
3. Deko-ze
4. Manzone & strong
5. Mark Oliver
6. Matt C
7. Addy

New School

1. Jeff Button
2. Members Only
3. Kevin McPhee
4. Jonathan Rosa
5. Gera
6. Pasha

Old Post Apr-16-2014 02:44 
Click Here to See the Profile for The Highroller Click here to Send The Highroller a Private Message Add The Highroller to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Shaya007
SMILE...YOU'RE FAMOUS!!!

Re: Locals Love

quote:
Originally posted by Big Boss
This is Brent from WLP's Top 10 locals of all time list. Check the event listing for the Genesis of this list.

10. Mark Scaife

9. Ramy vs. David

8. Matt C

7. Peter & Tyrone

6. Deko-Ze

5. Addy

Addy not only played a sound that become known to be “his own” for many years, it became a sound that was known as “Toronto’s own”..

His sets at Zone were some of the most talked about in the city. He has reinvented himself throughout the years. I have a feeling more reinventions are to come in the form of production as well.

4. Manzone & Strong

Joe and Fab have had one of the most successful runs in Toronto as 2 of the go to staples of our underground fabric for 20 years. They have played as residents in every major venue our city has built. From watching Manzone Rip euro classics at such venues as LA Hollywood & Palazzo, to Club 108 on Thursdays live on Energy 108, this is where I first was put on notice.

From there it was Meow, Fluid, and The Drink that was home to 2 guys the helped mould and shape what I was playing at the time. Versatility has been the key that has kept these 2 in the Toronto spotlight for so many years.

3. Carlo Lio

Carlo started as a TO local, which is why he’s on this list! Every show you went to Carlo had fans and friends screaming in unison, and all for good reason. From humble beginnings to humble successes, nothing changed him.

Musically he had that ear and was able to carve out a sound that propelled him into his productions and eventually his label. One word describes Carlo in his rise to current times…PASSION. He beams this in his sets and in his music…

2. Nathan Barato

Every time I hear Nathan, it’s an experience that changes and gets better. The mark of a DJ’s DJ. Not only does he have a “sound” all to his own, it’s a sound that continues to be polished into something very special.

Every DJ I speak to that plays one of his tracks all says the same thing “Barato is delivering HARD with the goods” It’s safe to say that these trends are going to continue, and in doing so, the sky’s the limit for one of the nicest guys in the business

1. Mark Oliver

Partying in the Guverment main room from the late 90’s and early 2000’s, was responsible for my growth as DJ. I spent so many Saturday nights immersed in Mark Oliver’s musical vortex that it was impossible not to be influenced. He catered to all sounds, and to this day, I think it’s safe to say there are countless DJ’s who feel the same way. Mark is a pillar of the Toronto scene Oliver introduced Acid House to our city, he played records no one else had. Often times people would come for Mark over whomever was playing because he would keep the energy going hours after the headliner got off. So many timeless classics were heard for the first time played by him.

The fact that he is still going after all these years shows that his longevity is a direct correlation to his skills. I’ll put it to you like this…if there was a DJ Hall of Fame for Toronto talent, Mark Oliver would be a first ballot inductee.

http://whitelabelpodcast.com/?p=1551

Truth!

Old Post May-01-2014 16:17 
Click Here to See the Profile for Shaya007 Click here to Send Shaya007 a Private Message Visit Shaya007's homepage! Add Shaya007 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > Locals Love
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbacksome please ID this , its to prove production fraud [2005] [1]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackConductor And The Cowboy - "Feeling This Way" (Solar Stone Dub) [2002]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread