Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > Production Studio > Fall 2018 Gas
Pages (18): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Hides in Shadow
Suspended User

quote:
Originally posted by MSZ
They seem underpowered at 50w for the 7.5 woofer + they're old.

That all depends on room size...

Old Post Aug-10-2019 15:20  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Hides in Shadow Click here to Send Hides in Shadow a Private Message Add Hides in Shadow to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DJ RANN
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by MSZ
are the dynaudio dbm50 any good? have a chance to pick up a pair for dirt cheap, never heard them so I'd have to buy them blind. They seem underpowered at 50w for the 7.5 woofer + they're old.

They were good speakers and Dynaudio are a legit brand and make quality products....but remember they're nearly 10 years old now and those models I think were meant to only be desk mounted as they slope up to the listening position. If you ever change your setup from a low desk they'll be redundant. Not sure if you can still get parts if something blows. Don't worry about the wattage - 50w is fine for a 7" as things like coil efficiency matter more. The obsession with wattage is more an idiot hifi thing, or more or those running PA systems where it really matters.

How cheap? Like $250 - then jump on them. Anything significantly more I would pass. I think they were about a $1k a pair when they came out.

Old Post Aug-11-2019 17:52 
Click Here to See the Profile for DJ RANN Click here to Send DJ RANN a Private Message Add DJ RANN to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
MSZ
godspeed

ended up not grabbing but 300 cad with a 2i2

waiting for the eris 5 xt to show up at the store to take a listn.

the quest continues.

Old Post Aug-15-2019 21:48  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for MSZ Click here to Send MSZ a Private Message Add MSZ to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DJ RANN
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by MSZ
ended up not grabbing but 300 cad with a 2i2

waiting for the eris 5 xt to show up at the store to take a listn.

the quest continues.

With the Scarlett? That's a pretty good deal. I liked those interfaces.

The Presonus look good. Do you need a small woofer? Small room? otherwise go 7". That extra 2" makes a difference. Ask the missus.

Old Post Aug-15-2019 22:33 
Click Here to See the Profile for DJ RANN Click here to Send DJ RANN a Private Message Add DJ RANN to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
MSZ
godspeed

dont feel like spending much money on this shit, if I did definetly some focal alpha 65s, they cost a little more here than europe though.

Old Post Aug-16-2019 00:41  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for MSZ Click here to Send MSZ a Private Message Add MSZ to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Mel David
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by DJ RANN

Otherwise go 7". That extra 2" makes a difference. Ask the missus.

🐻 Your missus told me it makes no difference when you can't go the distance! Up your game, boi!

Old Post Aug-16-2019 03:01  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for Mel David Click here to Send Mel David a Private Message Visit Mel David's homepage! Add Mel David to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Hides in Shadow
Suspended User

So...New Genelec high-SPL S360 is coming out. Genelec is having showings across the U.S especially over here in Miami and Orlando.

Excited Palm? Maybe a better Sam, doesn't look like it imo..

Old Post Aug-20-2019 02:22  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Hides in Shadow Click here to Send Hides in Shadow a Private Message Add Hides in Shadow to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Hides in Shadow
Suspended User

I see where you're coming from, I have a friend who does ghostwriting who has the same setup, so I'm not surprised.

Old Post Aug-20-2019 17:39  United States
Mel David
Supreme tranceaddict

🦉 You should have PA speakers if you plan to DJ or play live. Most audio engineers recommend mixing & mastering at a nominal loudness to reduce ear fatigue & eventual deafness. If your mix sounds great at a low volume then it's going to sound fucken great at a loud volume. Let's face it, our sort of music is really formulaic so you could leave it to AI (AAMS or iZotope Ozone) to make sure the mix & mastering is equivalent to your comparison track. But yeah, when mates pop over, it's great to impress them with your club PA. Don't forget some cheap PAR lights too & a fog machine!

Old Post Aug-22-2019 15:56  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for Mel David Click here to Send Mel David a Private Message Visit Mel David's homepage! Add Mel David to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Hides in Shadow
Suspended User

Happy Belated man.

Old Post Aug-22-2019 23:25  United States
Mel David
Supreme tranceaddict

_ I never celebrate my b'day. If I feel like I deserve it I may buy some new music gear.

🦉 Check out the price of GTA V on the PS Store. It's $17.95 AUD right now. I'm going to pass as I have a huge backlog of games to complete & I'm sure this special will come again. I used to only buy physical disc copies so I can resell when I've completed the game & have money towards a new game but at these prices it's a win, unless you 🏴‍_️

Old Post Aug-23-2019 08:28  Australia
MSZ
godspeed

I'd honestly probably have all the gear I've ever wanted if I didn't buy so much booze. jaeger #1

Old Post Aug-24-2019 00:28  Canada

TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > Production Studio > Fall 2018 Gas
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (18): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackKiller weird tune by Picotto @ Timewarp 05 [2005] [4]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackScorpio Rising - Nagasaki [2003]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread