Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > Who does the c0r think won the Tomorrowland DJ Contest?
What set do you like best?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Aleksandar Arsik 2 11.76%
db9 2 11.76%
George Rimore 9 52.94%
Mattydmc 0 0%
Mr. Morton 4 23.53%
Total: 17 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
LAdazeNYnights
Crossing Swords

I've only listened to George, Morty, and db9 so far... I voted for George though

Old Post Jul-13-2012 19:03  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for LAdazeNYnights Click here to Send LAdazeNYnights a Private Message Add LAdazeNYnights to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
sensorium
Supreme tranceaddict

when will you close the poll?

Old Post Jul-14-2012 04:38  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for sensorium Click here to Send sensorium a Private Message Add sensorium to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
zyklon-jay
The Real Henry Hill

Location: Ici William Bumbray du service de police de la communauté urbaine de Montréal Esti.

do you at least pay them to play this shit?

Old Post Jul-14-2012 05:01 
Click Here to See the Profile for zyklon-jay Click here to Send zyklon-jay a Private Message Visit zyklon-jay's homepage! Add zyklon-jay to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Quazar
still likes trance

Giving them a listen now.

I totally didn't know about this until the very last day or I would have entered. Oh well, there's always next year!

quote:
Originally posted by Sushipunk
At least last time you Brits got pissed off, we got punk music out of it. This time, it'll probably just end up being embers breaks

Old Post Jul-14-2012 05:01  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Quazar Click here to Send Quazar a Private Message Add Quazar to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Spacey Orange
Hypnautic Beats Addict

lol wut? didn't even know there was a contest. when do the polls close?

Still up:1:2

Down:3:4:5

Old Post Jul-14-2012 05:38  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Spacey Orange Click here to Send Spacey Orange a Private Message Add Spacey Orange to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
LAdazeNYnights
Crossing Swords

quote:
Originally posted by zyklon-jay
do you at least pay them to play this shit?

pretty sure they get free flight and accommodations

Old Post Jul-14-2012 06:01  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for LAdazeNYnights Click here to Send LAdazeNYnights a Private Message Add LAdazeNYnights to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
zyklon-jay
The Real Henry Hill

Location: Ici William Bumbray du service de police de la communauté urbaine de Montréal Esti.

to a trance show.

Old Post Jul-14-2012 07:15 
Click Here to See the Profile for zyklon-jay Click here to Send zyklon-jay a Private Message Visit zyklon-jay's homepage! Add zyklon-jay to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Sushipunk
Flickering, I roam

Give it to George. It's a fucking sweet mix, and you know it, Swamper.

Old Post Jul-14-2012 07:22  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for Sushipunk Click here to Send Sushipunk a Private Message Visit Sushipunk's homepage! Add Sushipunk to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

I presume this is a warm-up slot, so I can discount Aleksandar and db9 on the basis that their sets would be inappropriate for the time slot.

George Rimore's set looks the best on paper, but the tracklist is extremely lazy. I can practically retrace the Beatport shop that went into it. Loads of stuff derived from Mistique, and then a couple of J00F/Airwave tracks to fill in the gaps. Learn to dig a bit. And you should not be playing the 10th Life five tracks into an opening set.

I'll listen to the others before commenting. I've no idea who Mattydmc is, but I'm 15 minutes into his mix and quite enjoying it actually, but a bit concerned about the presence of Coldharbour and ASOT later in the tracklist.

EDIT: Yeah, it gets pretty shit towards the end, which is a shame, because it was an ideal warm-up set for this kind of event up until the stupidity kicked in.

> Rough & Ready [Modern Trance]
>A Different Energy [Good Modern Trance]
> The Edale Mix [Panoramic Beats]

Last edited by SYSTEM-J on Jul-14-2012 at 09:09

Old Post Jul-14-2012 08:27  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
zyklon-jay
The Real Henry Hill

Best solution is an elimination process of 5 Djs 1 cup. Last man still jesus posing wins.

Old Post Jul-14-2012 12:02 
Quazar
still likes trance

quote:
Originally posted by SYSTEM-J
I presume this is a warm-up slot, so I can discount Aleksandar and db9 on the basis that their sets would be inappropriate for the time slot.

Perhaps it's not the same in Europe, but the massives here never follow the appropriate time-slot thing. Clubs, sure, but not festivals. At the festivals, every DJ just plays whatever they want for their timeslot.

You should also keep in mind that the contest said to make a trance mix that shows "what trance means to you", therefore encouraging people to play what they want to play.

quote:
Originally posted by Sushipunk
At least last time you Brits got pissed off, we got punk music out of it. This time, it'll probably just end up being embers breaks

Old Post Jul-14-2012 13:01  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Quazar Click here to Send Quazar a Private Message Add Quazar to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

quote:
Originally posted by Quazar
Perhaps it's not the same in Europe, but the massives here never follow the appropriate time-slot thing. Clubs, sure, but not festivals. At the festivals, every DJ just plays whatever they want for their timeslot.

That sounds totally standard for shit trance events everywhere.

> Rough & Ready [Modern Trance]
>A Different Energy [Good Modern Trance]
> The Edale Mix [Panoramic Beats]

Old Post Jul-14-2012 15:37  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > Who does the c0r think won the Tomorrowland DJ Contest?
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackReally easy ID - massive tune! [2006] [3]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackDespina Vandi - "Gia" (Extended Mix) [2004]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread