Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > Production Studio > New to this and which DAW thats easy to learn?
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
echosystm
super wow maker

I think FL Studio or Ableton Live are probably your best bet; they are both very EDM focused and it will be easy for you to start making songs without being overwhelmed with shit you don't really need to know. If you go straight into something like Cubase or Reaper, you'll probably lose motivation. I've used every major DAW for a decent period of time, but the main ones I called home were...

Fruity Loops 2 & 3 -> FL Studio 4 -> Cubase SX2 & SX3 -> Cubase 4 -> S1 2 -> Live 9

2000 to 2014. Never occurred to me that I've been doing this for over half my life. Hah.

quote:
Originally posted by floyd741
i think echosystm is a pretty cool guy. eh pwns robby rox and doesn't afraid of anything.

Old Post Jul-28-2014 01:06  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for echosystm Click here to Send echosystm a Private Message Add echosystm to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
atxbigballer1
Supreme tranceaddict

I am still on Reason 5 and Reaper! It's a good combo.

"It's not the equipment....it's the muthaf@#%r running it"
quote:
Originally posted by Pagan-za
Fighting online is like winning the special Olympics. Even if you win, you're still retarded.

Old Post Jul-28-2014 17:36  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for atxbigballer1 Click here to Send atxbigballer1 a Private Message Add atxbigballer1 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SoundDigest
Junior tranceaddict

Like everyone already said, try a demo, or perhaps spend some money on an older version DAW for a cheaper price. I think Logic is a good choice if you want to make EDM music. The learning curve may be difficult, but it won't matter anyway since you'll have the "drive" to push yourself to learn it, this goes for all DAWs. Just my 2 cents!

Old Post Jul-28-2014 18:42  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for SoundDigest Click here to Send SoundDigest a Private Message Visit SoundDigest's homepage! Add SoundDigest to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > Production Studio > New to this and which DAW thats easy to learn?
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackI am BEGGING for this track to get IDed.....please please HELP [2002] [2]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackGavin G - "Sky" (Original Mix) [2014]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread