Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > The Official TOTA Toronto Maple Leafs/Hockey Talk Thread
Pages (218): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 [172] 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Dior Homme
Hedi Slimane

Kessel is a good player, but he chooses to be one dimension. He lacks depth in certain areas and does not like to back check, check or take a hit.

And it looks like neither of them are leaving the team this season according to new reports today.

Old Post Feb-07-2011 21:27  France
Click Here to See the Profile for Dior Homme Click here to Send Dior Homme a Private Message Visit Dior Homme's homepage! Add Dior Homme to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
ChemEnhanced
ƒ¶ƒåƒÓƒÛƒnƒéƒßƒåƒnƒÚƒÕƒÞƒ

quote:
Originally posted by Zyklon_Jay
its not his fault that the team lacks any direction or players that can play at this level successfully.

he remains a good sniper.

I might call him a good sniper but even that I question. Like you said brett hull was a one directional player but he also fought in the corners for the puck, wasn't affraid of getting hit, was a career + player, and so on and so on.

Last edited by Moral Hazard on Apr-26-2011 at 07:48

Old Post Feb-07-2011 21:33  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for ChemEnhanced Click here to Send ChemEnhanced a Private Message Add ChemEnhanced to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Zyklon_Jay
wehrmacht bitches be at!

Location: Ici William Bumbray du service de police de la communauté urbaine de Montréal Esti.

so if you guys know that he isn't the player who is going to help you, why give him grief? Burke is the one that made him out to be something he wasn't....not Kessel.

at the trade deadline i'll go to the predictions we made at the beginning of the year to see how accurate they were...as usual i was right on the money and will get to quote a few leafs fans to point and laugh at them for their undefeated optimism a few months back

considering all of the injuries...my habs are actually doing better than i predicted...if they can beef up the o and the d, they can actually have a shot of taking boston for the division lead....the bruins are dropping to injuries like flies...and we play a lot of teams under 500 for the last part of the season.

Old Post Feb-08-2011 17:32 
Click Here to See the Profile for Zyklon_Jay Click here to Send Zyklon_Jay a Private Message Visit Zyklon_Jay's homepage! Add Zyklon_Jay to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
ChemEnhanced

I've heard rumors that Montreal is interested in Philips, would definitely be a good pick up.

Old Post Feb-08-2011 17:48  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for ChemEnhanced Click here to Send ChemEnhanced a Private Message Add ChemEnhanced to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Zyklon_Jay
wehrmacht bitches be at!

Location: Ici William Bumbray du service de police de la communauté urbaine de Montréal Esti.

the habs need offense more. They are one injury away from disaster on the blueline, but they play a really solid d game from the forwards back and Price is doing what he needs to do. The habs are always coming from behind lately for wins...this won't happen come playoff time, so i think it would be nicer to have a bit more firepower to protect leads instead of trying to catch up.

we could get an older player like Arnott for cheap, add a little grit and experience and still have enough cap room left for a better bottom 6 dman than picard.

Gauhtier is sitting and waiting right now, but he has done a decent enough job.

losing markov, gorges, and cammilieri is big...but getting james wisnewski for nothing was brilliant, as was signing jeff halpern in the off season. I scratched my head at first with halpern...but his pk and faceoff skills are off the charts, plus he has produced more points than anyone could have expected.

Wisnewski is a defensive liability, but since he joined the habs the pp moved up almost 20 rankings in the league. Great shot and outlet pass...although he has not shown the mean streak in his game yet...come playoff time we should get a little more of that.

Our most likely playoff opponents will be boston, washington or pittsburg. Cammi will be back (and hopefully benefit from some time off like he did last year), and i think we can beat washington or boston....pitts is a stretch, but after last year who knows?

Pk and Price can beat them. Pk can get under Crosby's skin like a wiley vet...and i think at the socci olympics he will be on team canada (if the nhl goes.) He won't win rookie of the year, but i think PK is one of the best prospects in the nhl right now, and although he makes rookie mistakes...he is playing years beyond his tender age...if anything Gomez could learn a thing or 2 from him and stop playing like an 18 year old with a napoleon complex.

Price and PK are the wild cards...and if Price brings his A game...he can shut even a team like the Pens down. He sure as hell shut up the Halakers this year.

sorry, i know this is a leafs thread...what can i say there ain't much leaf related worth talking about right now. Any other city in the NHL = Burke would be jobless right now.

The D that everyone was touting (including myself, i gave the leafs credit for the d at the beginning of the year) is a bust.

Phaneuf = garbage
Beauchemin = finished
Komisarek = pylon
Lebda = does not belong in the nhl 9-19 in 22 games lol)
Kaberle = only guy that can skate backwards
Schenn = gets points for being the only leaf dman not in the minus...he is at 0.
Aulie = give me a break

The goaltending everyone in leafs nation thought was so awesome was an even bigger bust.

Giguere = career done.
Gustavsson = fail
Reimer = hope...but be careful, once shooters figure him out it might be a very diff story. Too early to tell if he is a fluke...although his pedigree points to that right now. Hopefully for you guys he will be a diamond in the rough, considering no one expected him to play at all this year, i'm not holding my breath.

The offense?

Kessel is the only legitamate top 6 forward you have imo...and with no o0ne to feed him, he is useless. Macarthur is nice, but let's see him do this for more than 1 season before we say he is for real. If anything, the fact that he leads the team in scoring says it all. The reality is that for most of your top 6 o men...they end up playing in the bottom 6 for at least 80% of nhl teams.

The positives? As bad as the farm prospects are for the leafs (other than kadri who do they have of note, and is kadri even that good of a prospect?), they have a better future than Ottawa. Ottawa is completely fucked, and the only team in the NHL that has had worse moves made by the GM is the Islanders.

The Leafs have a better shot of turning the team around in the next few years than the sens by far...although that is really not saying much. You still need draft picks to rebuild....and no matter what Torontonians may think abgout their fair city...free agents tend to not sign with bottom dwelling teams in canada because why pay a boatload of taxes to play in a market that you are going to get castrated in if the team sucks?

we lived the same thing in montreal....tradition does not mean squat come free agency, unless you make the destination sound promising.

Old Post Feb-08-2011 18:30 
Click Here to See the Profile for Zyklon_Jay Click here to Send Zyklon_Jay a Private Message Visit Zyklon_Jay's homepage! Add Zyklon_Jay to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
ChemEnhanced

quote:
{eot}
LEAFS TRADE BEAUCHEMIN TO DUCKS FOR LUPUL, GARDINER, DRAFT PICK

The first domino appears to have fallen prior to the NHL trade deadline as the Toronto Maple Leafs have shipped defenceman Francois Beauchemin back to the Anaheim Ducks in exchange for forward Joffrey Lupul, defenceman Jake Gardiner and a conditional fourth-round draft pick in the 2013 Entry Draft.

The 30-year old Beauchemin struggled during his time in Toronto after signing as a free agent in 2009, however he helped the Ducks capture the Stanley Cup in 2007.

A stay-at-home defender, the Sorel, Quebec native has two goals and 10 assists in 54games this season with the Leafs.

Originally selected in the third round, 75th overall by the Montreal Canadiens in the 1998 NHL Entry Draft, Beauchemin has 27 goals and 99 assists in 373 career games split between the Canadiens, Columbus Blue Jackets, Ducks and Maple Leafs.

Meanwhile the 27-year old Lupul who missed 24 games earlier in the season following back surgery has five goals and eight assists in 26 games this season.

Originally a first round pick, seventh overall by the Ducks in the 2002 NHL Entry Draft, the Fort Saskatchewan native has 117 goals and 121 assists in 421 career games between the Ducks, Edmonton Oilers and Philadelphia Flyers.

The 20-year old Gardiner, who is among the Ducks top defensive prospects, currently plays for the University of Wisconsin where he has seven goals and 23 assists in 30 games this season. He was selected in the first round, 17th overall, by Anaheim in the 2008 NHL Entry Draft.

Old Post Feb-09-2011 18:28  Canada
Brennen
Supreme tranceaddict

there are rumors that there is another trade in the works. Possibly with jonas gustavsson (he was pulled in the 1st during the marlies game today, and not because of the score)

update: Johan was pulled because of an elevated heart rate

Last edited by Brennen on Feb-09-2011 at 18:52

Old Post Feb-09-2011 18:33  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Brennen Click here to Send Brennen a Private Message Visit Brennen's homepage! Add Brennen to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
ChemEnhanced

quote:
Originally posted by Brennen
there are rumors that there is another trade in the works. Possibly with jonas gustavsson (he was pulled in the 1st during the marlies game today, and not because of the score)

he was pulled due to an elevated heart rate.

Old Post Feb-09-2011 18:47  Canada
Dior Homme
Hedi Slimane

It will be interesting watching these two teams play next year.

TAMPA BAY MAPLE LEAFS

One of the few things that the Toronto Maple Leafs currently share in common with the ultra successful Detroit Red Wings is that both team's uniforms consist of only two colours (or one, if you want to nitpick). That's set to change next year, as the Tampa Bay Lightning, now under the management of former Wings superstar Steve Yzerman, have unveiled a new striped-down, blue and white uniform.

So who cares? The Leafs have bigger fish to fry than the loss of this dubious and already shared "distinction." Yes, to be sure. But, here's the thing about these new Tampa uniforms: aside from their logo, they're eerily similar to those worn by the Leafs. As far as hockey terminology goes, "the blue and white" has now become a shifter, a moniker that lacks a fixed reference point.
For his part, Yzerman admitted the rebranding effort was aimed to capture the aesthetic of original six franchises. "The long-term goal is for the Lightning to be an iconic franchise, rich in tradition with championship values and a strong legacy....We're not trying to reinvent the wheel here. We're just going back to the basics of what a hockey uniform is," he said at last week's unveiling.

Yeah, but did you have to take ours? Couldn't you have used a different shade of blue? Tradition is pretty much all our franchise has to cling to. Well, that and some undefined passion that apparently "unites us all." You can't put a patent on a colour, I suppose, but I can't imagine the MLSE brass are too happy. After all, the way the Lightning are playing (currently third overall in the league), they'll probably be the first team in blue and white to win the Stanley Cup since 1967.

What do you think? Is this little act of mimicry worthy of anger on the part of Leafs fans? A sign that the Leafs no longer yield as much power in the NHL? Or just completely irrelevant, like the ever-losing team itself?

http://www.blogto.com/sports_play/2...ay_maple_leafs/

Old Post Feb-09-2011 20:01  France
Click Here to See the Profile for Dior Homme Click here to Send Dior Homme a Private Message Visit Dior Homme's homepage! Add Dior Homme to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Jer
Never Left

HAHAHAH. BEAUTIFUL.

I'd have traded him for a fucking bag of pucks the way he's been playing.

LEAFS TRADE BEAUCHEMIN TO DUCKS FOR LUPUL, GARDINER, DRAFT PICK

From TSN:

quote:
The first domino appears to have fallen prior to the NHL trade deadline as the Toronto Maple Leafs have shipped defenceman Francois Beauchemin back to the Anaheim Ducks in exchange for forward Joffrey Lupul, defenceman Jake Gardiner and a conditional fourth-round draft pick in the 2013 Entry Draft.

"I'm excited to get back in a playoff race. I never really wanted to leave Anaheim," Beauchemin told TSN on Wednesday. "It's been a frustrating season. We just couldn't get any consistency."

The 30-year-old Beauchemin struggled during his time in Toronto after signing as a free agent in 2009, however he helped the Ducks capture the Stanley Cup in 2007.

A stay-at-home defender, the Sorel, Quebec native has two goals and 10 assists in 54 games this season with the Leafs.

"I wish I could have scored more goals here," Beauchemin told TSN. "But I played as hard as I could have defensively."

Originally selected in the third round, 75th overall by the Montreal Canadiens in the 1998 NHL Entry Draft, Beauchemin has 27 goals and 99 assists in 373 career games split between the Canadiens, Columbus Blue Jackets, Ducks and Maple Leafs.

Maple Leafs president and general manager Brian Burke told a press conference that the deal for Lupul had been about three weeks in the making, and that he had tried to acquire the forward while he was still with Philadelphia up until the end of the 2008-09 season.

Lupul, 27, who missed 24 games earlier in the season following back surgery, has five goals and eight assists in 26 games this season. Although his numbers are down this season, Maple Leafs head coach Ron Wilson expects him to contribute immediately.

"We've been trying to look for goal scoring, both inside and out (of the organization), and an opportunity to pick up Joffrey Lupul presented itself," Wilson told the CANADIAN PRESS. "We think that we're deep enough as an organization to give up a player like (Beauchemin), who's played well for us and who was a leader on and off the ice.

Lupul believes that he will thrive in an expanded role in Toronto.

"I think definitely I have a lot to prove to a lot of people now," Lupul told the CANADIAN PRESS. "The Anaheim Ducks kind of just let me go after 20 games. I don't know if it's injury-related or what it is. But I have a lot to prove to myself and to the team that just let me go and, first and foremost, to the new organization and my new teammates.

"I want to step in and help make an impact."

Burke also explained that Lupul had a serious infection following his back surgery, and that he remains on antibiotics. Lupul is scheduled to have a physical tomorrow.

The Leafs reviewed his case with their doctors and have no concerns with his past back issues.

Originally a first round pick (seventh overall) by the Ducks in the 2002 NHL Entry Draft, the Fort Saskatchewan, Alberta native has 117 goals and 121 assists in 421 career games split between the Ducks, Edmonton Oilers and Philadelphia Flyers.

The 20-year old Gardiner, who is among the Ducks' top defensive prospects, currently plays for the University of Wisconsin where he has seven goals and 23 assists in 30 games this season. He was selected in the first round, 17th overall, by Anaheim in the 2008 NHL Entry Draft.

Burke told media that he prefers to try to make trades in advance of the deadline, which falls this year on Feb. 28. He also said that when a roster spot becomes available, the club will recall defenceman Keith Aulie from the Toronto Marlies of the AHL.

Burke explained that he also believes that Aulie will eventually be a top-four defenceman for the Maple Leafs.

"You can expect more moves...we're not done," Burke added.

Old Post Feb-09-2011 23:07  Ireland
Click Here to See the Profile for Jer Click here to Send Jer a Private Message Add Jer to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
ChemEnhanced

I think the leafs are slowly starting to improve their offence. If Lupul can stay healthy, and that is a big if, then you are looking at an offence with 5 20 goal scorers on it. Not many teams in the NHL have 5 20 plus goal scorers.

The leafs still need some true play makers in order to round out the top two lines.

Old Post Feb-10-2011 13:18  Canada
Dior Homme
Hedi Slimane

If Lupol can get back to being healthy he'll score some clutch goals. I remember him lighting it up in Philly a few years back. He's 3 years younger than Beauchemin and has good speed.

But the big piece here I think is Gardiner. A very good prospect and one that Burke originally chose back in Anaheim. A few years in the minors and we'll have a good replacement for Beauchemin. By that time hopefully Komisarek is gone. He's almost as bad as Finger.

Old Post Feb-10-2011 15:53  France

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > The Official TOTA Toronto Maple Leafs/Hockey Talk Thread
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (218): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 [172] 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackpvd set amsterdam 2005 ( not listed anywhere) [2006] [3]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackAgnelli & Nelson - "Nolding Onto Nothing" (Original Mix) [2004]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread