Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > Laidback Luke at GUV Review
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Dinoz2013
Senior tranceaddict

Laidback Luke at GUV Review

Fuckin Wicked.

I dont care what beats you like, Laidback Luke (and D.O.D) Fuckin Killed it.

Fuckin Wicked.

Thank You

Old Post Oct-20-2013 18:21  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Dinoz2013 Click here to Send Dinoz2013 a Private Message Add Dinoz2013 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

Old Post Oct-20-2013 20:51 
Add  to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
chinamon
el shit disturbo

i really enjoyed the night. great energy from the crowd. the setup on the stage looked sick.

and DOD is a vaper!! he uses an eGo LED e-cig. i should really hook him up with something better.

Old Post Oct-20-2013 21:23 
Click Here to See the Profile for chinamon Click here to Send chinamon a Private Message Add chinamon to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Dinoz2013
Senior tranceaddict

Usually these threads dont much attention but I'll put my review anyway.

D.O.D - Pretty damn Solid set from someone I've only heard of in the past few months. He really knew what the crowd would be expecting that night so had some hard bangers. Almost a mix of hardstyle into the hard house. Crowd definitely was enjoying it. He was on from 12-1;30

A favourite moment was when he played Ummet Ozcan - Cube. Most of the tracks he was playing was switching after 90-120s. But he let "Cube" play out. Fully. Bass and Drops and Everything. Massive, and L.L. wasn't even on yet.

About 1;30 Laidback Luke comes on. W.O.W. The NRG Luke brings is really something else. You see/hear all the Live Sets of him from around the world, but being their for his Live Set is truly an experience.

Less than 5 Mins in he's playing a Heavy Mashup/Remix of "Eat Sleep Rave Repeat" vs "Satisfaction". Crazy banger, and he jus frickin started.

Second trip to the bathroom for my chic and friends so I went to the Tech house room. I dont know who was spinning the but the Energon was def flowing through me. I was getting my dance on in heavy while I waited.

Amazingly, I leave the Tech House room, and when I'm listening in the main room I hear....TECH HOUSE!!!! Luke KNOWS how to play a diverse frickin set. He even played some trancy stuff, the hardstyle, Trap, it was killer.

130am-330am was basically a Blur between the Drinks and Blunts we were dealing with at the front left speaker most of the night. There was just so many bangers I couldn't even list them all because Luke was playing just a heavy fast paced set. Legs were killing me after.

All in all such a Wicked Night. If you weren't there, or you were afraid of the "neon" crowd or thought he would play "mainstream", well it really sucks for you, try partying once in a while!!

If you were there Let Us Know you're Experience.

and Agreed with Chinamon!!

Old Post Oct-21-2013 14:46  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Dinoz2013 Click here to Send Dinoz2013 a Private Message Add Dinoz2013 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Dykes_on_Jay
Ape me.

quote:
Originally posted by Dinoz2013

Brutal comedown that lasts for 3 days in 3-2-1...

Old Post Oct-21-2013 15:32  China
Click Here to See the Profile for Dykes_on_Jay Click here to Send Dykes_on_Jay a Private Message Visit Dykes_on_Jay's homepage! Add Dykes_on_Jay to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
samhouse
Scenester

Ahh i remember when my reviews used to be so "energized"

glad you had a good time.

Old Post Oct-21-2013 15:39  Pakistan
Click Here to See the Profile for samhouse Click here to Send samhouse a Private Message Visit samhouse's homepage! Add samhouse to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Dinoz2013
Senior tranceaddict

I'm not sure what you mean by "brutal comedown". Withdrawal from a good night? Or you feel people will "criticize me" for enjoying myself listening to a "mainstream" DJ.

Are you upset that someone had a good time and you didnt? Do you wish you were there now?

This place is dead it needs something or someone to get it alive. Its sad when "elitists" who think they know something try to downplay someones taste in Music or a DJ. Give credit where credit is due and stop being a useless hater.

All in All Good Night hope more people that were there can backup my (our) statements.

Old Post Oct-21-2013 15:56  Canada
Dykes_on_Jay
Ape me.

Molly Ringwald.

Old Post Oct-21-2013 16:10  China
Click Here to See the Profile for Dykes_on_Jay Click here to Send Dykes_on_Jay a Private Message Visit Dykes_on_Jay's homepage! Add Dykes_on_Jay to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Dinoz2013
Senior tranceaddict

Oh you need Drugs to have a good time? Sorry Child but you have me sadly mistaken for one of your friends. Nice Try trying to downplay a great night. I know you're sadd you weren't there. Should try getting a life and less trolling.

Lol Kids these days.

Old Post Oct-21-2013 16:17  Canada
ItalianPoiSon
Mr. Rager

quote:
This place is dead it needs something or someone to get it alive. Its sad when "elitists" who think they know something try to downplay someones taste in Music or a DJ. Give credit where credit is due and stop being a useless hater.

bro dont even bother, just keep posting your reviews and ppl will jump in with their reviews... if ppl troll and they will troll you just leave it as is...

Luke ususally mashes it up like that, check out James Zambiela this week at Ryze he was mashing it up last time he was in town...

Old Post Oct-21-2013 19:56  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for ItalianPoiSon Click here to Send ItalianPoiSon a Private Message Visit ItalianPoiSon's homepage! Add ItalianPoiSon to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

quote:

Lol Kids these days.

Common Jay I'm waiting for your response...

Old Post Oct-21-2013 20:38 
Add  to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
geroin
Supreme tranceaddict

saw laidback luke at the sound academy once (accidentally), had to get my ears checked next week.

Old Post Oct-21-2013 22:34  Russia
Click Here to See the Profile for geroin Click here to Send geroin a Private Message Add geroin to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > Laidback Luke at GUV Review
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (2): [1] 2 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackid this 911!;) [2005] [0]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackMotu - "Running Water" [2004]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread