Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - New York > PACHA...is finally closing
Pages (8): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
gimmebeatz
JP Addict

anyone have any thoughts on whether or not they will be allowing in/outs for the 72 hours or having to pay for any re-entry? kinda surprised that an in/out ticket wasnt an option to buy.

Old Post Dec-04-2015 14:37  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for gimmebeatz Click here to Send gimmebeatz a Private Message Add gimmebeatz to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
06trex
Junior tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by SebG
Output has been slowly turning into pacha....not at the same scale but its getting close to it.

I haven't been to output in a few months, but what makes you say that? Is it the crowd? capacity at events? venues' attitude / security? booking policy? Just curious really.

On the last note, some of their recent bookings really don't add up to me, Zeds Dead? Oscar G? Ace Alvarez? Laidback Luke? We're one Chris Vargas Voodoo Party away from Pacha 2.0. Definitely seems like there is an affiliation with RPM on some level.

I still respect output and their no-glitz approach to clubbing, I just hope they don't lose sight of what they initially set out to do.

Old Post Dec-04-2015 16:09  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for 06trex Click here to Send 06trex a Private Message Add 06trex to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
gimmebeatz
JP Addict

quote:
Originally posted by 06trex
I haven't been to output in a few months, but what makes you say that? Is it the crowd? capacity at events? venues' attitude / security? booking policy? Just curious really.

On the last note, some of their recent bookings really don't add up to me, Zeds Dead? Oscar G? Ace Alvarez? Laidback Luke? We're one Chris Vargas Voodoo Party away from Pacha 2.0. Definitely seems like there is an affiliation with RPM on some level.

I still respect output and their no-glitz approach to clubbing, I just hope they don't lose sight of what they initially set out to do.

oscar G has continually played output and i havent cared for him much since he left space miami over a decade ago. plus he is constantly in NYC. way too overbooked. ace alvarez is in my opinion NYC's top techno local. guy is phenomenal. whats your issue with ace out of curiosity?

Old Post Dec-04-2015 16:32  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for gimmebeatz Click here to Send gimmebeatz a Private Message Add gimmebeatz to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Huff22
tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by gimmebeatz
oscar G has continually played output and i havent cared for him much since he left space miami over a decade ago. plus he is constantly in NYC. way too overbooked. ace alvarez is in my opinion NYC's top techno local. guy is phenomenal. whats your issue with ace out of curiosity?

Ace is def top notch. Good dude too.

Old Post Dec-04-2015 18:36  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Huff22 Click here to Send Huff22 a Private Message Add Huff22 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
darkbeats
tranceaddict in training

Yeah Ace killed the opening to the Drumcode BK warehouse and is always bringing solid techno. I was thinking about going to see him and Luigi Madonna on Sunday but Bens Sims and the Machine crew are a must see Saturday. Plus I really hate leaving Output at 4AM on a Monday.

Last edited by darkbeats on Dec-05-2015 at 08:01

Old Post Dec-05-2015 07:44  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for darkbeats Click here to Send darkbeats a Private Message Add darkbeats to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
gimmebeatz
JP Addict

quote:
Originally posted by Huff22
Ace is def top notch. Good dude too.

definitely a great guy! very friendly and humble

Old Post Dec-05-2015 13:47  United States
david.sound
Techno Freak

I'm glad I got to experience Pacha with Hernan Cattaneo the one time I went to New York. Sorry to the NY natives.

RIP Pacha

Old Post Dec-07-2015 12:41  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for david.sound Click here to Send david.sound a Private Message Visit david.sound's homepage! Add david.sound to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
BPM_PHL
Senior tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by 06trex

Your wish is my command.

https://www.facebook.com/events/1686134851600457/

Old Post Dec-07-2015 18:52  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for BPM_PHL Click here to Send BPM_PHL a Private Message Add BPM_PHL to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
hommey
tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by BPM_PHL
Your wish is my command.

https://www.facebook.com/events/1686134851600457/

HILARIOUS !!!!!

Old Post Dec-09-2015 17:55  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for hommey Click here to Send hommey a Private Message Add hommey to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
CarS
Supreme tranceaddict

Given the general offerings at Pacha for a long time now, there's been very little reason to consider going.

The few times that wasn't the case in recent years, the crowd was as excpected, but the venue never bothered me, even if the people did.
So, no big complaints from me either way.

It's just seemed little relevent.

What DOES suck, is that you know it will sweep at least some of the crowd over to Williamsburg.

Output, no doubt it's not the place it was in it's first year.
Still, when it's worth going, no reason not to because of the change, it's not that bad yet (I hope, haven't been in a while either, lol)

Of course we have Liebing soon

Old Post Dec-11-2015 04:11  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for CarS Click here to Send CarS a Private Message Add CarS to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
pyro264jb
i'll be back

When Exit shut down years ago, a lot of the crowd started showing up at Arc. it really changed the vibe. Let's hope that doesn't happen with output.

NYC needs more venues, besides Space and Output, from what I understand there is only Verboten, While techno and EDM have their place in the scene, we need more variety musically and it would be nice to see some progressive DJs get a shot at the big stage.

Old Post Dec-16-2015 00:04  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for pyro264jb Click here to Send pyro264jb a Private Message Add pyro264jb to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
EarnYourKeep
LIT

im done with output, even richie and carl couldn't get me to go there

Old Post Dec-16-2015 17:49 
Click Here to See the Profile for EarnYourKeep Click here to Send EarnYourKeep a Private Message Visit EarnYourKeep's homepage! Add EarnYourKeep to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - New York > PACHA...is finally closing
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (8): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackanother beautiful track to identify (#12) [2004] [0]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackDJ Tiesto - "Flight 643" [2003]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread